I’d like more commanders in the Open

It's too bad a wing can't contract with a base/system/faction to provide extra security for a system. It'd be an ideal use for fleet carriers.

It's too bad a wing can't contract with a base/system/faction to provide extra security for a system. It'd be an ideal use for fleet carriers.
What do you mean? Of course you can contract with a fleet carrier owner to provide security. I daresay some groups out there would love to provide that service.

Some of us are in VR, and if we try to type o7, we end up jettisoning all our cargo instead. I've been advocating for pretyped messages that can be triggered by pressing a single key / button for years, but Frontier just ignores me.
This.
Albeit I get used to typing blind after a short while. And I didn't bind a key to drop all cargo ;)

What do you mean? Of course you can contract with a fleet carrier owner to provide security. I daresay some groups out there would love to provide that service.
Maybe I have it wrong. I hope I do. I was thinking of something along the lines of a wing with a FC contracting with say Jameson Memorial to protect the shipping lane.

Maybe I have it wrong. I hope I do. I was thinking of something along the lines of a wing with a FC contracting with say Jameson Memorial to protect the shipping lane.
I'd like to give you a bit of warning first for the volume of my reply -- I'm very sorry about it, but this question needs to be shouted at top volume:

THIS IS A SANDBOX GAME! WHY IN EVERY HELL DO PEOPLE KEEP THINKING ABOUT GIVING THE NPCS THE CONTENT INSTEAD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

?

Son, I operate in deep space, where the signals and NPCs do NOT roam. I haven't had the opportunity to test what happens in a belt out there yet, but you do know you don't HAVE to fight the NPCs that populate in a mining area, right? If you boost away long enough, they despawn? If you didn't know that, now you do, and don't feel bad if ignorance made you leap to a conclusion that was just a mirage due to lack of understanding.

As to the last bit... I have no idea what to make of that there. I'm just gonna assume DWP.

doesn’t change the fact that just because you create personal lore that galaxy is some sort of pacifist utopia doesn’t change the way it’s actually designed. That was my point, son.

doesn’t change the fact that just because you create personal lore that galaxy is some sort of pacifist utopia doesn’t change the way it’s actually designed. That was my point, son.
Ohhhhhh, I see the issue now. The one I'm writing about is separate from your idea, or FDev's, or a lot of people's it seems. Not everyone has a difference of opinion. But you do and I respect that. You have fun with whatever it is you're doing, sailor.

Lord knows we are. ^_^

A difference of opinion...? Oh, I see what you mean - your talking about when the other guy is just totally wrong.
Right?
Happens to me all the time.

I have come to the conclusion that no matter the color of their hair, they are all smarter than I am.

I blame it on my Y chromosome - mis-shapen stunted thing that it is.

Fleet carriers won't have access to permit lock systems. Could set up a base just outside of course.

There are groups that attempt to play cops to the outlaw's robbers. SPEAR is still active, I believe?

I think there may be an unexplored opportunity for outlaw turned lawman though. Last year I went "clean" and it was a real blast. In fact, might be worth someone like yourself going ganker for a while to learn the dark arts.

Turning the tables is way more fun that way.

One of the "griefers" i know is a 911 operator, i would say he has nerves of steel and is intelligent

You just cant judge people based on what they do in a video game

Sorry, but yes I can - if the only interaction I ever have with them is in a game and they act like a jerk then I'll judge them accordingly. My point is, if one is not a jerk in real life, but one acts like a jerk in a video game, don't be surprised if people judge one to be a jerk when the only interaction they have with one is in said game. Actions speak volumes, just as much within an interactive game as without. This is not a case of judging a book by its cover - people act like jerks in a game and are judged by others on the basis of those actions, regardless of who they are in real life. If the only interaction I have with them is ingame and I have no other interactions on which to base my judgement, no matter how openminded I might be about who they might be outside of the game I'll judge them on what I see them do ingame..

My motto is that if one doesn't want to be judged to be a jerk, don't act like one. Simples.......

Last edited:
Sorry, but yes I can - if the only interaction I ever have with them is in a game and they act like a jerk. My point is, if one is not a jerk in real life, but one acts like a jerk in a video game, don't be surprised if people judge one to be a jerk when the only interaction they have with one is in said game. Actions speak volumes, just as much within an interactive game as without. This is not a case of judging a book by its cover - people act like jerks in a game and are judged by others on the basis of those actions, regardless of who they are in real life. If the only interaction I have with them is ingame then I have no other interactions on which to base my judgement, no matter how openminded I might be about who they might be outside of the game.

My motto is that if one doesn't want to be judged to be a jerk, don't act like one. Simples.......

So if some actor plays a jerk in a movie that actor is a jerk in real life too? Doesn't pass the smell test to me. Games in the same way are make believe, or are you trying to tell me that most CoD players are special forces soldiers? Don't confuse role-play in a game with real life.

Sorry, but yes I can - if the only interaction I ever have with them is in a game and they act like a jerk then I'll judge them accordingly. My point is, if one is not a jerk in real life, but one acts like a jerk in a video game, don't be surprised if people judge one to be a jerk when the only interaction they have with one is in said game. Actions speak volumes, just as much within an interactive game as without. This is not a case of judging a book by its cover - people act like jerks in a game and are judged by others on the basis of those actions, regardless of who they are in real life. If the only interaction I have with them is ingame and I have no other interactions on which to base my judgement, no matter how openminded I might be about who they might be outside of the game I'll judge them on what I see them do ingame..

Implying that using the tools made available by the developers makes someone a jerk.

So if some actor plays a jerk in a movie that actor is a jerk in real life too? Doesn't pass the smell test to me. Games in the same way are make believe, or are you trying to tell me that most CoD players are special forces soldiers? Don't confuse role-play in a game with real life.

Remember an interaction in an online game is two-way and there is a real human being at both ends of that interaction. Poor comparison re the movie example. Re the military example - same as using the 911 operator - if the interaction I have with someone ingame is the only interaction I have on which to base a judgement, then I will judge them based on that interaction, be it good or bad. Too many people hide behind the roleplay excuse...

Top Bottom