Modes Idea for game mode resources being non transferable

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The idea is: what happens in a mode stays in a mode. Wanna play single player fine.
Wanna play open fine.
Wanna play both , fine.
But your stuff in one does not exist in the other.
This means pvpers can't hide in solo when in their taxi ship to CG, and then switch to open when they feel safe in their fdls.
This means bgs/pp can't be manipulated from another mode, but played in whichever mode suits you. But no one misses out.
This means pvpers can't farm in solo, they'd have to trade in open.
It means there is a natural nerf to credit exploits as people would be fighting to get on pads. Which would also be interesting because people would have to bring enough firepower when trading.
And best thing about this is that it would populate open more. Because you would have to do everything in open. Which may also mean that people would understand each other more, because they would have to engage in activities they didn't feel safe doing with other people around. Like how they now force lorry drivers to go cycling on busy roads now. Sympathy often succeeds where empathy fails.
Most of my points here have been highlighting it's impact on pvpers. I am a pvper. I did this so that the conversation doesn't devolve into, "the bad men are trying to hurt me" .
I think this is what elite needs, and would benefit PvP and PvE.

> be pvper with tricked out FDL
> switch to solo
> solo account has a taxi ship
> fly to CG
> modeswitch back to open
> transfer FDL

also what about private groups, are people gonna have to maintain a different set of stuff for each group? what if you leave a PG, does your stuff there just vanish?

This has been proposed before. But what is "your stuff"? Your CMDR progress, all credits, all materials, all ships, everything. Effectively, it's a different save slot for Solo, Open and PG.

No. It won't work. And it won't happen.

No I mean it's be like separate accounts. You'd still be in your fdl NOT at the CG. Only your dbx in solo would be at CG. Thats the point of the thread

Yeah different save slot.

And coppers will always be arseholes

Can you explain why you think so?

Because I like it as it is and it is the way the game is intended.

I don't care about BGS manipulation or credit exploits, but I care about having fun in a game.

And chosing a mode which suits my current mood directly contributes to this fun.
I don't want to be restricted to a certain mode, I want to chose if I play with risk or not,
and I certainly don't want to do the grind thrice to achieve this goal.

And surprised people are so resistant to this

People could still play open, I said that. If anything it'll populate open more with pvpers being vunerable in their dbx taxis, gives the care Bears a tiny chance of revenge

people are resistant to it because it's yet another overly-simple "solution" to strongarm people into making a mode choice that doesn't address any of the reasons they make that choice in the first place

why is it surprising that people are resistant to a bad idea

People could still play open, I said that. If anything it'll populate open more with pvpers being vunerable in their dbx taxis, gives the care Bears a tiny chance of revenge

I many play in solo and group with friends, if this idea was implimented that would kill off that capability. So no.

Really?

Surprised that changing how core game mechanics of a 4 year old game works and people don't like the idea.

Because it's not really that much of a surprise is it, let's be honest here but people have suggested similar changes and gotten the same response.
In fact go on any game forum and suggest a major change to core mechanics and the only thing that is a surprise is people being polite about how they tell you to go away.
(And the lack of SWG NGE references, normally those comments come out quite early on)

Perhaps next time you want to play a PvP game, you buy/ download an actual game made for PvP.
Not one where right from the start people were told they can opt out of direct PvP then complain because they do.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Can you explain why you think so?

That one's very, very simple - the game design has, from the outset (nearly six years ago) included three online game modes, a single shared galaxy state and mode mobility. Hence, every single player has bought a game with these core features. The result of that is entirely optional PvP, i.e. those who wish to can engage in it. Frontier would also seem to be, from what on Dev has said, well aware that the majority of players don't get involved in PvP.

Great idea. Three times the network problems and three times the bugs. I would love to see FD's incompetence multiplied by 3, always looking for a good laugh.
Go for it FD, the game can only improve.

The more I go on this forum, the more sympathy I have for frontier 
The fix for that is doing more missions.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom