Powerplay If FD decided it could take the time to implement Open Only for Powerplay, do you think it should go to a public vote?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Ok, so the reason for open only pp for me is not because of bots and what not. Its because i believe that in competition you should be able to directly oppose your opponent. Playing a football game on two different field where everyone gets to score without any defense is very boring and pointless. PvP in Elite is very fun and i frankly don't see why that shouldn't be built upon. Move the modules to tech brokers or lock them behind power rank or weapon permits that way none-powerplay module shoppers don't get caught in the cross-fire. I could even compromise and say that the first four powerplay ranks could be done in solo/pg but once you're doing rank 5 and gain 5 k merits or more every cycle you should be restricted to open.

Powerplay needs a thorough rethink and subsequently a redesign to improve the game dynamics and to ensure Powerplay works in all modes.

Unless FD have had a change of heart (and I'd love Powerplay to finally get some proper love) the proposal we have is the amount of work FD are apparently willing to do to change Powerplay. If that is the case, the open only clause is the only part of the proposal that pushes Powerplay forwards setting it apart from a new BGS.

peterson-newman-geneder-sex.jpg

:p

Ok, so the reason for open only pp for me is not because of bots and what not. Its because i believe that in competition you should be able to directly oppose your opponent. Playing a football game on two different field where everyone gets to score without any defense is very boring and pointless. PvP in Elite is very fun and i frankly don't see why that shouldn't be built upon. Move the modules to tech brokers or lock them behind power rank or weapon permits that way none-powerplay module shoppers don't get caught in the cross-fire. I could even compromise and say that the first four powerplay ranks could be done in solo/pg but once you're doing rank 5 and gain 5 k merits or more every cycle you should be restricted to open.

You're saying you don't like Tetris Duel?

Well, that has to be one of the biggest stretches of a definition i've seen in a long time. Powerplay is about the play between powers. Nowhere does it say that it has to involve direct PvP, and indirect PvP is a thing as well.
Oh please, there are no NPC ships delivering Powerplay mats or undermining other powers. Players drive Powerplay. Killing a power-pledged player earns merits. PvP is inherent to Powerplay.

Nah. I say they just do it one day and see what happens.

Sure, people will complain, but if they can manage to ignore that for a couple months, just to see? Maybe it would breathe some life into things, make powerplay exciting for a change.

I just use it to get cool spaceship parts for now lol.

Oh please, there are no NPC ships delivering Powerplay mats or undermining other powers. Players drive Powerplay. Killing a power-pledged player earns merits. PvP is inherent to Powerplay.

Direct PvP in inherent in Open. It is not inherent in PG/solo. The question is, should direct PvP be a requirement of PP, and that is where opinion is somewhat divided.

Speaking broadly, based on my observations ever since Sandro dropped the bomb:

Those who actually play Powerplay were and are overwhelmingly in favor of open-only implementation.

Those who don't fret about a feature they don't play and often don't understand, deluding themselves that they're upholding some contrived "all modes are equal" principle. But they don't actually play powerplay.

Isn't that curious?

Players are supposed to clash, and try to counter each other. That sounds like, you know, fun.

not really if you have to grind your teeth out, just to land in some instance with some random people rubberbanding all around and releasing damage spikes, shooting at and/or being shot by invisible ships, or see opponents suddenly disappear just before destruction whithout a care in the world.

no, sorry, frontier never did the software engineering grind that such gameplay needs. forget it. (it's for your own good :))

Speaking broadly, based on my observations ever since Sandro dropped the bomb:

Those who actually play Powerplay were and are overwhelmingly in favor of open-only implementation.

Those who don't fret about a feature they don't play and often don't understand, deluding themselves that they're upholding some contrived "all modes are equal" principle. But they don't actually play powerplay.

Isn't that curious?

Not at all.

Its absoloutely fine if you are willing to completely disregard the desires of those who enjoy PP from PG/solo in order to make it appear as though there only dissenting opinions are those who don't partake and willing to disregard those who don't play but would if FD made improvements to PP that are not dependent on it going OO.

But maybe you are right. Maybe FD should only listen to the tiny number of people who actually do PP, lock out those who don't want to fly in open, rather than looking to get more people involved overall. :p

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom