In-Development Information Display for Logitech Flight Instrument Panel

Hi mhwlng,

I am still trying to make it to work, but nothing happens. The app opens and I click in toggle window and all that I see is the Elite logo. Nothing else.

Here's what the log says:

"
INFO 2021-06-06 18:43:44,439 <OnStartup>b__0 - Sending joystick button presses to FIP panel with serial number : window
INFO 2021-06-06 18:43:44,460 AddWindow - Adding new Window device 0 of type: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
INFO 2021-06-06 18:43:44,466 InitFipPanelSerialNumber - FipPanel Serial Number : window
INFO 2021-06-06 18:43:44,907 <OnStartup>b__0 - Looking for directinput devices with PID=0127 and VID=231D
INFO 2021-06-06 18:43:44,907 <OnStartup>b__0 - Button numbers : Up=21 Down=23 Left=24 Right=22 Push=25
INFO 2021-06-06 18:43:44,929 <OnStartup>b__0 - PID:bead - VID:1234 - FirstPerson - bead1234-0000-0000-0000-504944564944 - 7e5cfe40-c5dd-11eb-8002-444553540000 - vJoy Device
INFO 2021-06-06 18:43:44,929 <OnStartup>b__0 - PID:b108 - VID:044f - Joystick - b108044f-0000-0000-0000-504944564944 - 3f8cd1f0-9d50-11eb-8006-444553540000 - T.Flight Hotas X
INFO 2021-06-06 18:43:44,930 <OnStartup>b__0 - No joystick found with PID=0127 and VID=231D
INFO 2021-06-06 18:43:45,923 <OnStartup>b__0 - Fip-Elite started
INFO 2021-06-06 18:43:45,930 MoveNext - json task started
INFO 2021-06-06 18:43:45,938 MoveNext - HWInfo task started"

Thank you in advance.

all that I see is the Elite logo.
That's exactly what it's supposed to do

You need a 4-way hat switch, with push, to navigate all the screens.
So, push that hat switch and a menu should appear.

You dit not set up joysticksettings.config correctly :

Button numbers : Up=21 Down=23 Left=24 Right=22 Push=25

No joystick found with PID=0127 and VID=231D
That is the setting for my own VKB kosmosima joystick

Last edited:
@ Savino

Either download JoyTester

https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/VKB_JoyTester.zip

Or dig about in Device settings to find the PID and HID Values for your device

1623039816405.png

See top line of the Information section above where it says 'Device HID\VID_044F&PID_B68D'

Hope that helps

Cheers

John

Also, the PID and VID of all your devices are in the log file:

PID:bead - VID:1234 - FirstPerson - vJoy Device

PID:b108 - VID:044f - Joystick - T.Flight Hotas X

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys, but I guess this app is way out of my league. I though it was a simple install and run thing but it seems that I have to fiddle with seetings, 4-way switches and it all seems way to complex to me because I have no idea what´s going on. lol

But thanks anyway and have you all a great weak!

Hi all,

I tried to change the values of the joystick in the configs but I guess I really need some help to make things work here.
When I change to the values to the ones presented at VKB I get a blank screen. If I return to the original values I get stucked on the logo screen for reasons you already explained to me.

If someone could help, I´d be deeply greatfull.

Attachments

• FIP CONFIGS.jpg
    FIP CONFIGS.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 63
  • FIP WHITE.jpg
    FIP WHITE.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 63
  • VKBJOY.jpg
    VKBJOY.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 67
You are trying to use an 8-way hat switch.
That is not supported.
It seems that you cannot use this software with your joystick.

Also the pid and vid in the config file are not the pid and vid in your vkbjoy screenshot.
They are the pid and vid of my joystick.

I have no idea why the screen is white.
Perhaps there are some errors in the log.

Last edited:
About the PID and VID:
I took the screenshot while I was reversing some changes, that's why there's values from mine and yours joystick.

I also have no idea what you guys call 4 and 8 way hat switch, I am new at this Third-party stuff on Elite.

Is there any solution that I can use? Like a gamepad?

This software is designed for Logitech fip panels.
The joystick functionality is not the main purpose of this software and was only added for my own joystick, which has a 4 way hat switch.
Which is nothing else then 5 normal buttons, like the trigger.
There is no support for gamepads.

Oh, thanks for the answer. I get it now.

Guess I will have to get a real fip to use this software.

Thanks again.

@Savino

You are exactly where I was 4 or 5 days ago.

As mhwing days you need either a (simple) 4 way hat switch with centre push switch where the 5 buttons act just like all the other buttons on the joystick/controller or you need another 5 buttons that aren't mapped to any other function.

More sophisticated joysticks with 8 way hats return values related to the number of degrees away from 0 (north) the switch represents (often in 100ths of a degree. Right (90 degrees) returns 9000, Down (180 degrees) returns 18000. Elite-FIP doesn't handle that.

From the log file you published, you seem to have a Thrustmaster Hotas X (At the moment, I use a Thustmaster Hotas One... it doesn't work either!) Isn't your HAT switch used for other purpose in Elite Dangerous?

You also seemed to have a virtual joystick configured. In that case you could use another utility (UCR - Universal Controller Remapper) and map unassigned joystick, keyboard or other controller buttons to simulate a simple 4way hat joystick.

In my setup, I use VoiceAttack together with vJoy to allow me to control mhwing's very useful tool using voice commands (works a treat!).

let me know if I can help

cheers

John

Hi John, thanks for the answer.

Sorry if I seem a little slow to understand all this, but as I stated, I am very new on this stuff, including the technical part of my own joystick.

So, hat switch if, I understand correctly, is that small controller on the top of my joystick, right? At least is what wiki says. Lol

I will try using this UCR with voice attack as you do. I will post my results soon!

Thanks man, you were very helpfull.

this is what a 4 way hat switch looks like in the tool
just 5 normal buttons, with low number id's :
CsnkQCm.png

this is what an 8 way hat switch looks like, with high numbers representing the angle of the mini-stick.
This is not supported by the software :

kCYd0BT.png

Let me know how you get on.

mhwing is a really helpful guy (assumption), but at the end of the day the software does what it is supposed to. I am happy to help you get you going if I can!

Cheers

John

@mhwing

It's clear that your software is working as you intended. Are you ok with me offering to help Savino get something working for him?

Cheers

John

@johnbury
Sure go ahead
Note again that the main purpose of the software, is to support Logitech fip panels which has 6 function buttons and 2 rotary encoders for scrolling.
I'm not sure how you use voice, to scroll vertically, without having to shout 'down' 50 times :)

@mhwing

You got it in one!

At the moment the VA stuff is a bit crude... In that instance, I may explore have a continuous scroll until I shout Stop!

Cheers

John

Hi @johnbury,

I am trying to config the UCR (0.122) and I am probably have no idea what I am doing.
I looked at some tutorial on youtube to avoid bothering you but it wasnt so fruitfull.
Can you please guide me on the configuration? Because I clearly did something very wrong.

Edit: I guess I did some progress... let´s see, I'll be right back!

Edit 2: This is harder than I thought. Can you guide me to how you configure your keyboard?

Attachments

• what.jpg
    what.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Hi @Savino
I will help as much as I can... I am by no means an expert, but I have managed to map an old Belkin N52te to operate mhwing's app.

Firstly, it seems you wish to use an Xbox Controller to simulate a Joystick to control Elite-FIP; am I correct?

Assuming that is the case, I would start by taking a couple of steps back in the process.

1) I think you are using an old version of UCR. Sorry, but I think you should uninstall your version and get an updated version from here. This should include the required plugins for your purposes; let me know if not

2) Revisit your vJoy configuration. Change your device setup to have 25 buttons and (for me) forget about having a POV Hat button of any type. Save your configuration
1623129366434.png

3) In UCR you need to create and name a profile. Here you will define your physical input device (Xbox controller), and output device (vJoy Device 1). Save this profile
4) in the profile list double click the named profile, this will open a window where you can define your mappings. You will create an entry for each button to be mapped. This will define the type of mapping (Button to Button, in your case) and the specific buttons you will press on your controller, and the virtual button to be simulated.

Each button will have its own mapping entry​
Here is a portion of my mapping:​
1623130799950.png
So my profile is called Elite_FID. You can see 2 of my mappings 'HatUp' and 'HatRight'.​
To add a mapping simply click the '+' to the right of the mapping type, you will be prompted to name the mapping​
1623131013244.png
decide which physical key you will use (say 'D Pad Up') mouse click the 'Click to Bind' button in the input area, you will have a few seconds to press the controller button to be mapped. The app will then display the button used. In the output area click on the 3 dots button, a side menu should pop out. Select 'Buttons' to pop out another list and choose (in this example) button 21. That's your first mapping.​
Repeat the process to map:​
'D Pad Right' to Button 22​
'D Pad Down' to Button 23​
'D Pad Left' to Button 24​
'Another Button' to Button 25 - This is the the menu button​

5) Save you mappings and activate the profile (small 'play' button at top of screen)

6) Hopefully, you will now be able to load up Elite-FIP, press the 'menu' button and use the D Pad to move through the options.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

John

*** Edit. In all of this, I have assumed you have already modified your Joystick configuration (as used by Elite-FIP) with the VID and PID values for your virtual joystick.

Last edited:
Redacted:

I can´t thank you enough, man!!! I finally worked! Your help was priceless!
Thank you, thank you very much! You´re the guy!!!

And thanld to @mhwing for the app! It is amazing!

Attachments

• FIP.jpg
    FIP.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Top Bottom