In-Development Information Display for Logitech Flight Instrument Panel

Hi Mhwing! I'm playing Odyssey, and there is some situation that's making fip-elite crash.. I couldn't pinpoint the exact action yet (usually I'm looking at the screen and when I look again the program crashed/exited). I suspect its something when I get itens on foot. Is there any log I could send to help track it? Regardless, I'll try to find out the exact action.

Thanks!

Yes, latest version. No, nothing unusual on log.txt and importdatalog.txt. I'll try to go to some POIs with the SRV and test it, its something during these scenarios.. getting an item on foot, transfering itens to the srv, something like that.

The only unusual thing is that I have three mission related locker components without a related mission, due to a bug on update 6 that was fixed in 6.01 (salvage missions were not finishing). So on fip the mission appears as "Unknown"

Hi mhwing, just saw the issue happening... nothing special, was just jumping several systems and fuel scooping. In the first or second jump the screens flashed black like they were "refreshing" or something. Then on the penultimate jump the program just closed/crashed, nothing on the log files, just the regular closing lines were missing (for an example, nothing like that:
INFO 2021-08-08 00:35:09,053 OnExit - HWInfo background task ended
INFO 2021-08-08 00:35:09,059 OnExit - json background task ended
INFO 2021-08-08 00:35:09,059 OnExit - exiting)

Ok thanks. Unfortunately, I've not been able to reproduce any crashing myself, which makes it very difficult to fix your problem.
How many fip panels do you have and what tabs are active when the problem happens? Is it always the same tab that is visible when the problem occurs? Are you sure that the problem is not hardware related? Fip panels don't work so well on usb3 ports.

I have two fips and they usually stay on the "ship locker items" and "raw materials" pages. I assumed a software issue because before Odyssey/the lastest version of fip, never had anything like that, even with them connected to a USB3.0 powered hub (have very few USB 2.0 port). I'll move them to the USB2.0 ports and see if it keeps happening, just to be sure. Thanks!

Hi mhwing, I tested using USB 2.0, and had the same issue. Saw it happen a few times, all different situations. Usually the screen "refreshes", a few times, and after that crashes. Makes me wonder if its just something that triggers after some time. II suppose its not feasible to find what's happening with just this information, but wanted to give a quick feedback.

Hi mhwing,

Not sure if anything else was changed, but have been playing since you released the version and no crashes at all!

Will let you know if anything happens.

Thanks!

Want to say Thank You for creating this. I bought an instrument panel just because I saw this and thought it was cool.

Even created an account here to just say this.

Hi mhwing!

I've been using this application for a long time without any issues whatsoever, then today I started to get this error on startup:

RROR 2022-01-05 21:40:19,791 Invoke - AppDispatcherUnhandledException: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: O sistema de configura��o falhou ao inicializar ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: '.', valor hexadecimal 0x00, � um caractere inv�lido. Linha 17, posi��o 1. (C:\Users\mdand\AppData\Local\Elite\Elite.exe_Url_fz5hrkl1mejjcpckv415ixd422iietsk\1.8.8.0\user.config line 17) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '.', valor hexadecimal 0x00, � um caractere inv�lido. Linha 17, posi��o 1.
em System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
em System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
em System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
em System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
em System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()
em System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(ExceptionAction action)
em System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
em System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
em System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(XmlUtil xmlUtil)
em System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
--- Fim do rastreamento de pilha de exce��es internas ---
em System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
em System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
em System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
em System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()
em System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
em Elite.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs evtArgs)
em System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
ERROR 2022-01-05 21:40:19,803 Invoke - AppDispatcherUnhandledException: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: O sistema de configura��o falhou ao inicializar ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: '.', valor hexadecimal 0x00, � um caractere inv�lido. Linha 17, posi��o 1. (C:\Users\mdand\AppData\Local\Elite\Elite.exe_Url_fz5hrkl1mejjcpckv415ixd422iietsk\1.8.8.0\user.config line 17) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '.', valor hexadecimal 0x00, � um caractere inv�lido. Linha 17, posi��o 1.
em System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
em System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
em System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
em System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
ERROR 2022-01-05 21:40:19,804 TryCatchWhen - AppDomainUnhandledExceptionHandler: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: O sistema de configura��o falhou ao inicializar ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: '.', valor hexadecimal 0x00, � um caractere inv�lido. Linha 17, posi��o 1. (C:\Users\mdand\AppData\Local\Elite\Elite.exe_Url_fz5hrkl1mejjcpckv415ixd422iietsk\1.8.8.0\user.config line 17) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '.', valor hexadecimal 0x00, � um caractere inv�lido. Linha 17, posi��o 1.
em System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
em MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
em MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
em System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
em MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
em MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
em MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
em MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
em System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
em System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
em Elite.App.Main()

Nothing changed on my system, at least that I'm aware of. Thanks for any help!

Edit: I saw it mention some issues in the user.config file on my appdata path... opening it on Visual Studio Code, the last line does seem kind ominous ^__^ (one or more 0x00 values) If I remove the file, it will be recreated?

Last edited:
there is some problem with the user.config file

C:\Users\mdand\AppData\Local\Elite\Elite.exe_Url_fz5hrkl1mejjcpckv415ixd422iietsk\1.8.8.0\user.config

you can delete this file, it will be recreated (make a backup)

Last edited:
Top Bottom