Attachments

• 20190712175219_1.jpg
    20190712175219_1.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 277
  • 20190712175245_1.jpg
    20190712175245_1.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 273
Cliewoae NT-F d12-0

My addition: Recent visitors report a presence of alien tree life species that are unique for the galaxy. The interesting thing is that there were found 3 tree species and 5 pods species, so we may see new trees soon.

Attachments

• 20190709153056_1.jpg
    20190709153056_1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 20190709153048_1.jpg
    20190709153048_1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 284
  • 20190709193826_1.jpg
    20190709193826_1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
POI Name: “Shadowlands”
Discovery date: 10.05.19 (Distant Worlds 2)
Category: Tourism
Game map search ref: Syrai Theia ZY-S d3-6
Distance from Sol: 63.406 LY’s

Description: This system was discovered just a few days after reaching Beagle Point and completing the Distant Worlds 2 expedition. The landable HMCW (#1) which is close to the main star are creating some very long and edgy shadows on the surface. Great place for photography as it also has a stunning view of the galaxy. Planet also has geosites with Iron magma lava spouts. System also has an Earth like world.

Shadowlands (1).jpg

Shadowlands (6).jpg

Shadowlands (7).jpg

Shadowlands (2).jpg

Shadowlands (4).jpg

Shadowlands (3).jpg

Shadowlands (5).jpg

Last edited:
POI Name: “Ring of rocks”
Discovery date: 17.04.19 (Distant Worlds 2)
Game map search ref: Swueneia SK-C d14-3
Distance from Sol: 50.226 LY’s

Description: Located in the Galactic Aphelion area of the Scutum Centaurus arm. System has a pink class 3 gas giant (#7) with a very thin outer ring. System also has a ringed terraformable water world. Great place for photography.

Ring of rocks (1).jpg

Ring of rocks (2).jpg

Ring of rocks (3).jpg

Ring of rocks (4).jpg

Last edited:
POI Name: “Distant Elegance”
Discovery date: 24.05.19 (Distant Worlds 2)
Game map search ref: Plua Chroa FS-K d8-7
Distance from Sol: 54.171 LY’s

Description: This gem of a system was discovered during Distant Worlds 2 and is located in the Viatori Patuit region of the Sagittarius Carina arm. Without a doubt it was the most beautiful place I found during the whole expedition and I am definetely going back for a revisit some time. Planet 3 C is a tiny and colorful rocky moon with some very high mountains and some massive craters. An awesome place to explore and the sweetspot is a breathtaking giant crater with a massive mountain inside of it. You really have to visit the place to see the true size of it. System also has a ringed terraformable WW.

Distant Elegance (1).jpg

Distant Elegance (5).jpg

Distant Elegance (3).jpg

Distant Elegance (2).jpg

Distant Elegance (4).jpg

Distant Elegance (6).jpg

POI Name: “Behemoth of Phroi”
Discovery date: 30.03.19 (Distant Worlds 2)
Game map search ref: Phroi Bluae PD-J d9-34
Distance from Sol: 34.366 LY’s

Description: Located in the Perseus stem area this system was discovered while exploring close to waypoint #9 at the “Cerulean Tranquility” basecamp during Distant Worlds 2. System has two Ammonia worlds, one of them a giant 203 earthmasses monster. You don’t see these everyday!

Behemoth of Phroi (1).jpg

Behemoth of Phroi (2).jpg

Last edited:
POI Name: “Helio's Vault”
Discovery date: 04.04.19 (Distant Worlds 2)
Category: Exploration
Game map search ref: Phraa Byoe ZM-A d14-15
Distance from Sol: 37.328LY’s

Description: While exploring the area around waypoint #10 near the beautiful Morphenniel Nebula during Distant Worlds 2, I discovered my first Helium Rich Gas Giant - ever! The first system had 9 (!!) and in the next few hours I had mapped a whole cluster of HRGG systems, discovering 14 neighbouring systems with a total of 50 bodies. A great, but very strange discovery as I had to travel almost 700 000LY’s around the galaxy before finding my first Helium Rich Gas Giant...and another 49 at the same time! :)

Mapped systems:
Phraa Byoe ZM-A d14-15 (9 + 1WW)
Phraa Byoe ZM-A d14-57 (3)
Phraa Byoe ZM-A d14-164 (2)
Phraa Byoe ZM-A d14-272 (5)
Phraa Byoe ZM-A d14-281 (5)
Phraa Byoe ZM-A d14-282 (1)
Phraa Byoe ZM-A d14-288 (7)
Phraa Byoe ZM-A d14-337 (2 + Water Giant)
Phraa Byoe ZM-A d14-365 (2)
Phraa Byoe ZM-A d14-382 (4)
Phraa Byoe ZM-A d14-448 (3) Largest one at 2896 earthmasses
Phraa Byoe ZM-A d14-502 (5)
Phraa Byoe ZM-A d14-542 (1)
Phraa Byoe ZM-A d14-675 (1)

Helio's Vault (1).jpg

Helio's Vault (2).jpg

Helio's Vault (3).jpg

Helio's Vault (4).jpg

Helio's Vault (5).jpg

Helio's Vault (6).jpg

Helio's Vault (7).jpg

Last edited:
POI Name: “Helio's Second Reserves”
Discovery date: 17.04.19 (Distant Worlds 2)
Category: Exploration
Game map search ref: Swueneia SK-C d14
Distance from Sol: 50.247 LY’s

Description: A cluster of Helium Rich Gas Giant discovered near Luna’s Shadow during Distant Worlds 2. Discovered 7 neighbouring systems containing a total of 9 HRGG’s.

Mapped systems:
Swueneia SK-C d14-1 (1)
Swueneia SK-C d14-2 (1 + WW)
Swueneia SK-C d14-6 (1) Largest one at 2758 earthmasses
Swueneia SK-C d14-44 (1)
Swueneia SK-C d14-92 (1)
Swueneia SK-C d14-111 (3)
Swueneia SK-C d14-123 (1)

Helio's second reserves (1).jpg

Helio's second reserves (2).jpg

Helio's second reserves (3).jpg

Helio's second reserves (4).jpg

Last edited:
Name:Grey Sector
Game map search ref:Eol Prou JM-W f1-751
Description:Description from the tourist beacon:
"Commander Rhyis Greywing invites you to imagine a system almost utterly devoid of light and warmth, lit only by the light from stars far, far away. That's the "Grey Sector". It is a system with no stars; all the celestial bodies orbit a black hole. There are a few gas giants, all of which are a deep purple colour, and one of which has dark, pitch-black rings surrounding it. The planets are desolate but support surface exploration, and the sensation of being on one can fill peoples' souls with so much bleakness and dread that they'll wonder why such a place even exists. "
Screenshot reference: Source: https://imgur.com/a/ZDtLVDg

re: Grey Sector

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Systems with a primary black hole are not unusual at all. Like, they're super common. Gas giants aren't very unusual either.
On the other hand, this is a tourist beacon, and we've previously been including those as POI since they are hand-placed by FDev and represent suggestions made in earlier eras of exploration.

I still have that webm I made of the lagrange storm when I was on the Fenrisulfur. I'd like to upload it but I don't know if it's possible to embed webms.

Name: Oceans of DRYAA BLOU

Game map search ref: DRYAA BLOU YK-P D5-332

Catagory: Planetary Features

Description: A neutron star system with a red Y class secondary star. What makes this system remarkable, is that the L class has not one, but three terraformable water worlds, plus and Earth-Like world orbiting around it, which by looking at their orbital periods is a miricle they even exist at all!

Screenshot reference: Source: https://imgur.com/gallery/ivDNiqh

Last edited:
Name: The Aidohs Platforms

Game map search ref: AIDOHS JI-A D14-0 14 A A

Catagory: Planetary Features

Description: Found whilst navigating through the perseus arm, a rather rugged rocky-ice world with some spectacular features, from towering vertical ridge faces, to huge ice mountains. This one ice mountain in particular at Coords: 23.7 / -63.1, is 20km tall and has some unusually placed flat platform areas at and around the summits, in which explorers can easily land on and admire the panoramic vistas of the moon below. Adrenalin junkies and base jumpers can also take advantage of these platforms for their thrill seeking activities if they so wish, having staggered peaks placed below the platform means jumpers will need speed and enough thrust in order to make it to ground level, which can pose as a challenge.

Screenshot reference: Source: https://imgur.com/wGqcg1O
Source: https://imgur.com/zbGlvn1
Source: https://imgur.com/SmgLIYV

Name: Oceans of DRYAA BLOU

Description: A neutron star system with a red Y class secondary star. What makes this system remarkable, is that the Y class has not one, but three terraformable water worlds, plus and Earth-Like world orbiting around it, which by looking at their orbital periods is a miricle they even exist at all!

My guess is that the L dwarf has to orbit within the (horribly miscalculated) habitable zone of the neutron star for this to happen.

Top Bottom