20190725075453_1.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 286
  • 20190725075504_1.jpg
    20190725075504_1.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 301
  • 20190725081212_1.jpg
    20190725081212_1.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 299
Is an ELM orbiting a large lava planet notable enough to count as a POI?

Just from a perspective of occurrence in the galaxy that is pretty rare and unusual. I've only ever found one.
But please do show us! Also do include information on if it's in a particularly interesting/beautiful location, and details that could be interesting.

Last edited:
Just from a perspective of occurrence in the galaxy that is pretty rare and unusual. I've only ever found one.
But please do show us! Also do include information on if it's in a particularly interesting/beautiful location, and details that could be interesting.
I have got some pictures. I also have a pic of the view, but the forum won't let me insert it.

I have got some pictures. I also have a pic of the view, but the forum won't let me insert it.

That is a rare occurence, though "rare" in a galaxy with 300 billion stars might not mean all that much... is there anything else in the planet's area (nebula, life, notable stellar phenomena) that might add to the interest here?

Name:The Mylaifoi Marvel
Game map search ref:Mylaifoi AA-A h8
Description:This is a spectacular system inside the festival grounds. A ringed white dwarf provides the energy for 3 terraformable rocky bodies, a terraformable water world, and an ammonia world. While the worlds themselves are shrouded in darkness, the system is of great scientific interest.
Screenshot reference: Source: https://imgur.com/a/mJq4Htk

Name:The Mylaifoi Marvel
Game map search ref:Mylaifoi AA-A h8
Description:This is a spectacular system inside the festival grounds. A ringed white dwarf provides the energy for 3 terraformable rocky bodies, a terraformable water world, and an ammonia world. While the worlds themselves are shrouded in darkness, the system is of great scientific interest.

Interesting find, the white dwarf having rings is absolutely not common!
I will say though, it's PROBABLY not the white dwarf contributing all the energy needed, it's the other stars.
Still, life in any white dwarf system is NOT common, and neither is a white dwarf with rings. I'd say this is worth a spot. Well found!

Interesting find, the white dwarf having rings is absolutely not common!
I will say though, it's PROBABLY not the white dwarf contributing all the energy needed, it's the other stars.

That's probably not the case given how Stellar Forge incorrectly uses stellar temperature to determine habitability and surface temperature of planets rather than luminosity.(i.e. while WDs and NS are extremely hot, their luminosity at planetary orbital distances should be tiny because they're so small, and luminosity is what determines planetary surface temperature in reality).

That's probably not the case given how Stellar Forge incorrectly uses stellar temperature to determine habitability and surface temperature of planets rather than luminosity.(i.e. while WDs and NS are extremely hot, their luminosity at planetary orbital distances should be tiny because they're so small, and luminosity is what determines planetary surface temperature in reality).
Stellar Forge also overlooks the minor detail that at WD temperatures, the majority of the energy is coming out in the ultraviolet. Not super conducive to functional biospheres. NSs are even worse, being prodigious emitters of hard X-rays.

Is Ammonia World which is the moon of High metal content world rare?

I just found one. Not that this means anything one way or the other.

Similar question: is a water moon of a brown dwarf common? Not a WW when the dwarf is the primary, but as a moon of a dwarf orbiting another star (not binary either).

Is an ELM orbiting a large lava planet notable enough to count as a POI?
I don't know about the criteria for the GMP, but nearly half of ELMs (~1,750 out of ~3,600) on EDSM orbit HMCPs.

Is Ammonia World which is the moon of High metal content world rare?
Same goes for this.
Both ELMs and AMs are rare, but the latter less so. We're still talking about thousands of finds. However, there are those that orbit much less common parents.
Ringed moons, on the other hand, are much more rare.

Ploea Brou RH-D c12-27
How did this even get a POI status? Phenomena with 2 kinds of crystals are common as hell, especially in this sector.
Probably the same way as the even more common Fachoae XZ-I c24-0 POI did. Pretty screenshot, DW2, no rarity check.

Top Bottom