The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

That's really neat, I don't think the climate would even have time to freeze up at the apoapsis of its orbit. The tides would be ridiculous though (realistically the satellite would probably be torn apart).

It seems that the Dragon's Soul Nebula (Cloomeia IM-W e1-142) has been incorrectly categorized as a normal nebula, as it shows up under "nebulae" instead of "planetary nebulae"

Maybe one could add the close binary nested moon of the water world moon (9 C A) to the POI "Rocky Showers" (Pyramoe BG-V d3-13) if @Mooing agrees. It's an awesome view:

2021-01-25_23-48-38_Pyramoe BG-V d3-13 (HighRes)-1.jpg

Given name: Hephaestus's forge for the system and Hephaestus for the planet itself
In-game name: System- Blo Aescs VE-R e4-6993. Planet- Blo Aescs VE-R e4-6993 ABC 1 a
Description: A system with a neutron star and 2 stars with some oddly shapes planets.

this system was first discovered by me although i still havent sold its info

Screenshot: Source: https://imgur.com/pWR4VMM

Last edited:
Given Name: Aurora in the Black
In-game name: Blua Hypa JJ-F a93-16
Description: A system with a star and all planets that are pink

Screenshot:
1611746017187.png

Given name: Hephaestus's forge for the system and Hephaestus for the planet itself
In-game name: System- Blo Aescs VE-R e4-6993. Planet- Blo Aescs VE-R e4-6993 ABC 1 a
Description: A system with a neutron star and 2 stars with some oddly shapes planets.

this system was first discovered by me although i still havent sold its info

Screenshot: file:///C:/Users/USER/Desktop/Screenshot_1.png [i have to do it like this since i cant add it as an image]
Given name: Pool of narcissism for the system and Narcissus for the planet
In-game name: System- Blo Aescs WP-G d10-1277. Planet- Blo Aescs WP-G d10-1277 2
Description: This is a system with a neutron star and 2 gas giants, the second gas giant has an odd coloration of pink and green.

Screenshot: file:///C:/Users/USER/Desktop/Screenshot_2.png [forum wont let me add an image for some reason]

Upload it to imgur or any similar image host. Obiously we cant see or access the link from your own computer. :)

Not wanting to rain on your parade @Catdemon, but I don't think your finds are rare and spectacular enough to be eligible as Galactic POIs. Of course, I'm not part of the project, so I can only offer my opinion.

That said, they would be much more suitable (again, IMO) for:

or even:

Name:Dancing Rings of Atabey
Game Map Search Ref: XOTHAEI WR-A D14-49
Description:Named after the Taíno Goddess of fresh water and fertility, this stunning system holds a gas giant being orbited by 4 Water worlds, 3 of which are ringed and terraformable. The gas giant itself is in a binary orbit with yet another Water world.

The ringed water worlds provide a stunning view, as they orbit very close to one another.
Screenshot References:
20210124005126_1.jpg
20210124011505_1.jpg
20210124010451_1.jpg
20210124013636_1.jpg
20210124010542_1.jpg
20210124012112_1.jpg

Name: The Skipper

Game Ref: EOL PROU XE-Q D5-502

Description: A Water World Orbiting just on the edge of the Massive ring of a Red Dwarf Star

Kissing the lip 2.jpg

If someone can think of a better name feel free to suggest it.

Name: "Put a ring on it"
Game Ref: Floalt UT-R e4-48
Description: A system with many ringed gas giants and even a ringed brown dwarf. Also containing an ELW and WW (although they have no ring)

Attachments

• image_2021-02-01_020105.png
    image_2021-02-01_020105.png
    710.8 KB · Views: 73
Name: Jotunheim
Game ref: Bya Ail LM-C d10
Description: A fast moving neutron star with a sun 4Ls away from it

I hate to say it, but those aren't particularly rare. They're infrequent, and very attention-grabbing though, so it's always cool to find one!

I'm not one of the GMP organizers, but I thought I would point out some numbers for clarity:

This one has a rotational period of about 2.25 milliseconds. Currently in the database there are 28,191 neutron stars spin faster than this one (out of 2,212,987 neutron stars total), meaning that only about 1.27% are faster than this. It's fast, but "millisecond pulsars" in general are fairly frequent. ( get it? :D )

Don't be discouraged from posting because of rarities, though: as you might see from entries that were added to the GMP and also from entries that weren't, rarity is not much of a deciding factor here. You might get rejected for whatever reason ("notability" isn't much help there), but if you don't post what you found and liked, then it's a certainty that it's not going to get added to the GMP.

Top Bottom