The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

Also the Canonn-EDMC plugin can show you the nearest POI as you go as well as supplying data for the Scenic Route Finder

gmp.png

Yeah I think at the time I wanted to see just patrol entries. I must have been on the way to one when a POI somehow came closer in the transit or something. If that's possible...I dunno. Anywho, it's another good tool for finding close POI's.

DSSA Submission: (sorry this is like super late, guess I never did it)
Carrier Name: HSRC Meow Force One
DSSA Number: 3
Carrier ID: Q4N-8VK
Region: Perseus Arm
System Name: Pha Flaae ZA-L d9-10
Picture:
UPGe4SZ.png

Just a quick update regarding a few changes going on within the GMP at the moment...

Firstly we'd like to announce that Baxder and Orvidius have joined the GMP team - welcome guys o7.

We'd like to thank Kazahnn Drahnn (mapper from February 2018 to February 2021), and Andrew Gaspurr (mapper from May 2016 to February 2021) for being part of the team and for their input into helping the GMP map the galaxy, little by little. 🍻 Both have now left the team and we wish them well in their future ventures.

Secondly, the GMP is currently in the process of archiving a selection of Horizon-era POIs that no longer hold the relevance they once did when they were first submitted. Odyssey is going to raise the bar with the new content, vistas, and locations its bringing, and as such the GMP will likewise raise the bar to what will be considered during the Odyssey season.

At some point, possibly when the beta is released, the GMP will temporarily close to submissions, and reopen once Odyssey goes live. We'll have more news on that once Fdev reveal their roadmap to launch, until then its business as usual, so please continue to submit POIs if you have them (y)

Just a quick update regarding a few changes going on within the GMP at the moment...

Firstly we'd like to announce that Baxder and Orvidius have joined the GMP team - welcome guys o7.

We'd like to thank Kazahnn Drahnn (mapper from February 2018 to February 2021), and Andrew Gaspurr (mapper from May 2016 to February 2021) for being part of the team and for their input into helping the GMP map the galaxy, little by little. 🍻 Both have now left the team and we wish them well in their future ventures.

Secondly, the GMP is currently in the process of archiving a selection of Horizon-era POIs that no longer hold the relevance they once did when they were first submitted. Odyssey is going to raise the bar with the new content, vistas, and locations its bringing, and as such the GMP will likewise raise the bar to what will be considered during the Odyssey season.

At some point, possibly when the beta is released, the GMP will temporarily close to submissions, and reopen once Odyssey goes live. We'll have more news on that once Fdev reveal their roadmap to launch, until then its business as usual, so please continue to submit POIs if you have them (y)

Sounds good, I am certainly looking forward to all the new stuff.

First off, congratulations to the new guys, and thanks for your work to those who left!

Second, a suggestion I mentioned to Orvidius: making two categories, one for visually impressive entries, the other for "scientific" stuff, rarities and the like. Some people might be interested in the latter, others might not. It's also a good guideline for folks who submit, so that they could know that something that's not particularly good-looking and not rare either is probably going to be rejected.
Also, it would be good to merge many of the categories on the EDSM map, as there's quite a lot of clutter, entries to click through. 19 clicks to enable all categories, in fact. (An "enable all" button would be nice.) I think two such categories would work better than different ones for what are essentially the same kinds of finds, outside the other stuff like historical locations, deep space outposts and carriers, and so on.

Some of the Vulcan Gate nebulae that I visited and are missing from here:

Name:Silent Memorial nebula
Game map search ref:Fojaae IL-Y e14
Description:One of the planetary nebulae of Vulcan Gate, this is a dead system, where no bodies can be found anymore. However, a few sparse asteroid clusters remain, orbiting the black hole, in complete darkness.
Screenshot reference: Source: https://i.imgur.com/byIojNk.jpg

Name:Orpheus and Eurydice
Game map search ref:Stroifooe QD-S e4-0
Description:Unlike the other planetary nebulae of Vulcan Gate, this system is found well above the galactic plane, with not much farther left to go. All that remain here are a black hole and a bright white star orbiting each other, but explorers can find nice views of the galaxy in the surrounding systems.
Screenshot reference: Source: https://imgur.com/wzj7Jyp.jpg

Name:Wayfarer's Vault
Game map search ref:Prue Eaeb SO-Z e31
Description:This planetary nebula lies on a somewhat-travelled route of the Vulcan Gate region, and is notable for housing a neutron star, which as attracted more explorers. Those on their way elsewhere can use it for another vault on their journey.
Screenshot reference: Source: https://imgur.com/KJSdnEW.jpg

Name:Cocytus nebula
Game map search ref:Blooe Dryue AQ-X e1-11
Description:A planetary nebula in Vulcan Gate, with three planets having survived the cataclysm. The second star of the system orbits the black hole fairly close, and provides enough light to these bodies. However, it is unlikely that explorers will set foot on them any time soon, as all three have thick atmospheres with enormous surface pressures.
Screenshot reference: Source: https://imgur.com/EbLT1PV.jpg

Name:Resonance
Game map search ref:Preou Thua MC-D d12-26
Description:Roughly about 76ly from Reverberation, a neutron star gateway to the Vela Molecular Complex, lies another system with high colonization potential - a system comprising of 3 stars (classes F, M, and G), 13 planets and 2 moons. From this assortment of planetary and stellar items, we can see 3 water worlds, of which 2 are terraformable and ideal for supporting carbon-water based life. In addition to the water worlds, the system boasts 10 high metal content worlds, of which 6 are terraformable, furthering the viability of this system for colonization and commercial potential
Screenshot reference:
1612635014401.png

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9peoF1UfLQtqUWyy5

CMDR Chuckles123

Last edited:
Hello, Commanders! This is my first submission so I hope i'll do it right.

Name:Wolf's eye
Game map search ref:Myriesly RY-S e3-8688
Description:Herbig Star with class B star in a very low orbit. Also there is a bright white T Tauri star in this system
Screenshot reference:
20210209122932_1.jpg

20210209125310_1.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
No new PNs are being accepted, anywhere, unless they are highly exceptional or unusual. Emphasis on highly.
Right. As I told @Baxder , my bad, I mistakenly thought that the GMP is not interested in PNs in the galactic core only, not that it's a blanket thing now. I thought I read that in the first post before, but even if I have, looks like it has been edited since.
A pity, because there are few planetary nebulae out in that region, and in the general Western areas of the galaxy as well, and since some are already on the GMP, I thought I'd visit and submit the rest too. Oh well.

Right. As I told @Baxder , my bad, I mistakenly thought that the GMP is not interested in PNs in the galactic core only, not that it's a blanket thing now. I thought I read that in the first post before, but even if I have, looks like it has been edited since.
A pity, because there are few planetary nebulae out in that region, and in the general Western areas of the galaxy as well, and since some are already on the GMP, I thought I'd visit and submit the rest too. Oh well.

But you're doing such a good job with your catalogue!

Top Bottom