INRA Base Discoveries

Does anybody feel a little uncomfortable with what INRA were doing?
That base with the clamps and the pieces of Thargoid...

Gave me a Mengele vibe.

Dark stuff.

Very Uncomfortable

But make me want to know what the Thargoids have been doing to get "History will decide" chap wanting such revenge, I think very important information for the "we can be friends" side of the debate

I get the vibe he might be doing to the 'Goids what he has seen, first hand, them do to us

I think we're supposed to. What INRA are creating are Chemical weapons, and they're testing them in what is essentially a recreation of the WWII death camps (or animal testing at the very least).

All of it is very disturbing :(

Very Uncomfortable

But make me want to know what the Thargoids have been doing to get "History will decide" chap wanting such revenge, I think very important information for the "we can be friends" side of the debate

I get the vibe he might be doing to the 'Goids what he has seen, first hand, them do to us

Could explain his anger if they took escape pods back during the first war, and the Thargoids tore people apart alive on operating tables to just examine us...

If that's the case, they may not be "empathetic" to other species (as we know empathy), and may just see us as live-stock - cattle - something they buy on a shelf that has a sale by date.

Could explain his anger if they took escape pods back during the first war, and the Thargoids tore people apart alive on operating tables to just examine us...

If that's the case, they may not be "empathetic" to other species (as we know empathy), and may just see us as live-stock - cattle - something they buy on a shelf that has a sale by date.

I guess this is what is, at least supposed, to make us Human. Just because something doesn't empathise with you, doesn't mean you shouldn't at least try to empathise with it!

Sadly, it's forgotten or ignored by all too many people in our own societies :(

The Mycoid was deployed in Miacke in F:FE I bellive. That system does not exist in elite dangerous. Unless it does but has been renamed.

The logs are clearly from the early development of Mycoid. That was during the Thargoid war, at the time of Elite(3125 plus a few years).

The bombing of Miackce was one branch of the FFE story and took place in 3253-54, If at all.

Thanks, I'm not sure which version from FFE they went with? Is it the one where the player was actively hostile and helped INRA or was it the one where the player just didn't deliver the cure?

Thanks, I'm not sure which version from FFE they went with? Is it the one where the player was actively hostile and helped INRA or was it the one where the player just didn't deliver the cure?
Might even be the one where the player didn't exist in the first place.

Very Uncomfortable

I think Out of The Darkness might provide some light!
goids were implacable foes

Last edited:

Gave me a Mengele vibe.

Dark stuff.

Not at all. We are fighting for survival as far as is known. Dirty play is valid here.

Not sure if this is relevant to the search, but I found a no faction SDF ship parked at 51.06 -175.25 first one I've seen on this ice ball.

At Alnath now. Anyone tried to correlate alien pieces from the pit with the Thargs that we met already?

We've not seen a Thargoid yet. DB said so himself on an interview recently :)

What amazes me is how people find these things. Even if you are on the correct planet its impossible, never mind not knowing which planet to search.

How how how do you do it... hehe

Not sure if this is relevant to the search, but I found a no faction SDF ship parked at 51.06 -175.25 first one I've seen on this ice ball.
We've not seen a Thargoid yet. DB said so himself on an interview recently :)

At Alnath now. Anyone tried to correlate alien pieces from the pit with the aliens that we met already before? :p
And also compared the size of the pit with the alien scout or alien interceptor?

Interesting (and disgusting) is that that thing in the pit was thorn apart with those mechanical arms after being poisoned. To dig out the drive ? Humans are like good guys in this story?

Last edited:
We're on the right trail now, being lead through the bases as intended but I'm slightly surprised no one has mentioned the thing that connects all the systems where the bases are located (other than the 0 population) and that's the exploration music that plays as you enter the system. Probably not much help for this search at the moment, but certainly interesting... Well to me at least :p

Agreed!

Must admit I didn't notice anything about the music in the various systems last night, but wasn't paying much attention either.

When I arrived at Hermitage for the first time, there seemed to be a bit of a fanfare, which I hadn't heard before, but I'd played without music for ages so wasn't sure if it was normal. I asked about it on the News/Theory/Tinfoil thread, but someone said it was normal, so just put the music on arrival as a generic thing and ignored it after that.

Top Bottom