Investigation into the "Mysterious Stranger"

please not! =)
Really
If you have questions about Tip Offs - please, ask them here.
There are quite a number of commanders that do work on this in-depth investigation for almost two years. Imo, asking developers seems a bit of cheating here and betraying them of all the achieved progress.
I would prefer my answers from the source if it's all the same to you

I would prefer my answers from the source if it's all the same to you
Really?

Then ask the source directly "where Raxxla is". It's the same, why not?

So far I've thought that is the game about getting the answers by yourself, and not asking developers. May be I was wrong...
So, that was just my "vote". I assume that I have at least the right to vote? ;)

Sorry if that was too rude, but you've admitted about visiting 6-7 TO related sites, and that - taking into account that there are literally hundreds of them - imo is a bit too little/too early to judge if it's the time to disclose all the related "mysteries"

Their research was a choice they made to do and any results are open to their own interpretation
Eps... For sure, yes. And what is your research and interest in that domain beside "I want to know"?

I want to know is all the more reason I feel I need for wanting to know. I'm not sure why my reasons for wanting information from someone else who offered it to someone else is any of your concern.

I don't see JD Power and Associates acting all butthurt when I don't care to check their reviews on something.

My desire for clarification from someone with factual information is my prerogative and it has nothing to do with you personally. Don't make it personal and don't take it personal.

That only speaks for you though as the larger ED community probably still co sides this an unknown
Neither me, but neither you also - can speak on behalf of "community". Both voted.
(sorry, but "larger" part of "community" "probably" don't bother with this Tip Offs at all- as they are not "efficiently profitable")

I never saw it put to a vote. I feel like he decided what he did based on the 10-15 ppl specifically in the thread
And what other input Dominic can have beside those assorted posts on official forums - from those "10-15 ppl" (even an exaggerated number, imo) ? Probably somewhere else on the media but with the same proportions of the commanders involved. You and @bluecrash have "voted" for answers (my only voice was negative). Pretty normal situation.

I just need to remind here that we are on public forums, so the outcome of our actions could affect the information feed to community, and not only your personal accounts.

My posts and interests in the subject came after the fact. He had made up his mind without any input from me.

WHY ARE WE DISCUSSING ME? I AM NOT THE TOPIC OF DISCUSSION.

I believe ANY moderator will tell you discuss the post not the poster

My posts and interests in the subject came after the fact. He had made up his mind without any input from me.
By "He" you mean Dominic Corner? Can only agree (but that's an 'imo'). So what was the trigger for his post (if any)?
WHY ARE WE DISCUSSING ME? I AM NOT THE TOPIC OF DISCUSSION.

I believe ANY moderator will tell you discuss the post not the poster
Apologies, but I have had no any intent to discuss you. I do just trying - with my very limited English - to react to your comments and questions, as with general flow of discussion in this particular thread, no more than this.
Probably it's a good time to mention that - if I remember well - I've contacted the OP already years ago - about restarting the Tip Off investigation (and inheriting all the accumulated data), as I've tried to accomplish with all the OP's of similar projects/threads.

I'm not sure what triggered his post (dominic). It looks to me like he just joined the discussion and asked if we wanted to know
In fact - if I remember well - his post have appeared - relatively - shortly after reviving this thread from the "necro" ones by commander @Esteban - the one who was the first to note the "very first stage" of the Tip Off mission assignment (October, 2019) and my own later post with confirmation and - later (December 2019) - with the "theory" that "Mysterious strangers" are no more "mysterious" at all.

In fact, each and every Tip Off mission a commander could receive is preceded by one of the following texts (in no particular order):
I don't usually entertain rumors, but this one might be worth checking out. I've uploaded details to your inbox, Commander.
I think you should be rewarded for your efforts, Commander. I've uploaded details to your inbox of a tip off we received. Enjoy.
Quid pro quo, Commander. You've helped us a great deal, so here is something for you. Details have been sent to your inbox.
I don't really believe in charity but you have proven yourself to be a useful ally, so you can have this tip for free. Details have been uploaded to your inbox.
I don't do this for everyone, but I've heard rumors about something that could be worth checking out.
I've received a tip about a location with goods just going to waste. Details have been uploaded to your inbox.
We're forwarding details of a tip we've received. Might be worth flying out there and taking a look.
Good job, Commander. I've sent you a special something. Anything you find there is yours. No questions asked.
One good turn deserves another. I've sent details of a tip off we've recently received. Feel free to check it out - or not. It's up to you.
Time to get something back, Commander. I've uploaded details to your inbox of a tip-off that I think you should check out.
We intercepted some comms that might prove profitable to the right pilot. We've sent details to your inbox.
I'm not usually one for rumors, but this sounds too good to be true. I'm forwarding the details to your inbox, Commander.
Rumor is that there is a location with goods on a planet not too far from here. I've sent you the details.
We treat our friends well, Commander. I've sent you a tip that you might want to follow up on.
One of our competitors left some data lying around. If you follow the details in your inbox, you might discover something interesting. Anything you do find is yours.
Commander, I've heard rumors of a location that might be worth visiting. Details have been sent to your inbox.
One of our associates seems to have found...something. Forwarding details to you, now.
I've sent you a tip, Commander. This is a one-shot deal. Don't expect to get handouts after every mission.
Commander, we've received a tip-off that could make someone a heap of credits, if it's true. Details have been sent to your inbox.
We've intercepted a signal that I think you should check out. I've sent the details to your inbox
I'm forwarding a tip that we've received regarding a treasure cache, Commander.
... that do appear in the "thank you" section of the completed mission "give in" last screen, spoken by your current minor faction contact (or passanger, or...depends on mission)

In fact - if I remember well - his post have appeared - relatively - shortly after reviving this thread from the "necro" ones by commander @Esteban - the one who was the first to note the "very first stage" of the Tip Off mission assignment (October, 2019) and my own later post with confirmation and - later (December 2019) - with the "theory" that "Mysterious strangers" are no more "mysterious" at all.

In fact, each and every Tip Off mission a commander could receive is preceded by one of the following texts (in no particular order):
I don't usually entertain rumors, but this one might be worth checking out. I've uploaded details to your inbox, Commander.
I think you should be rewarded for your efforts, Commander. I've uploaded details to your inbox of a tip off we received. Enjoy.
Quid pro quo, Commander. You've helped us a great deal, so here is something for you. Details have been sent to your inbox.
I don't really believe in charity but you have proven yourself to be a useful ally, so you can have this tip for free. Details have been uploaded to your inbox.
I don't do this for everyone, but I've heard rumors about something that could be worth checking out.
I've received a tip about a location with goods just going to waste. Details have been uploaded to your inbox.
We're forwarding details of a tip we've received. Might be worth flying out there and taking a look.
Good job, Commander. I've sent you a special something. Anything you find there is yours. No questions asked.
One good turn deserves another. I've sent details of a tip off we've recently received. Feel free to check it out - or not. It's up to you.
Time to get something back, Commander. I've uploaded details to your inbox of a tip-off that I think you should check out.
We intercepted some comms that might prove profitable to the right pilot. We've sent details to your inbox.
I'm not usually one for rumors, but this sounds too good to be true. I'm forwarding the details to your inbox, Commander.
Rumor is that there is a location with goods on a planet not too far from here. I've sent you the details.
We treat our friends well, Commander. I've sent you a tip that you might want to follow up on.
One of our competitors left some data lying around. If you follow the details in your inbox, you might discover something interesting. Anything you do find is yours.
Commander, I've heard rumors of a location that might be worth visiting. Details have been sent to your inbox.
One of our associates seems to have found...something. Forwarding details to you, now.
I've sent you a tip, Commander. This is a one-shot deal. Don't expect to get handouts after every mission.
Commander, we've received a tip-off that could make someone a heap of credits, if it's true. Details have been sent to your inbox.
We've intercepted a signal that I think you should check out. I've sent the details to your inbox
I'm forwarding a tip that we've received regarding a treasure cache, Commander.
... that do appear in the "thank you" section of the completed mission "give in" last screen, spoken by your current minor faction contact (or passanger, or...depends on mission)

The more amazing thing about your research is that you collected all these in multiple languages to look for more clues. Wish you would post that data for the multi-lingual people to view as well.

The more amazing thing about your research is that you collected all these in multiple languages to look for more clues. Wish you would post that data for the multi-lingual people to view as well.
Once the dependency on client localisation has been discovered that have pretty fast became the requirement - acquiring logs using multiple languages from the same location. And the main consequence was the discovery of the hidden division of the tip off end messages in a set of non-crossing subgroups.
However I must underline that this essentially a crowd-sourced investigation and I'm not even the top #1 contributor =)
While I have't posted full sets of the obtained end messages here on the official forums, but the link to the spreadsheet with all the data has been posted numerous times, here and in the similar threads, and it also always available in my forum signature. In particular on the""messages" tab one can find all so far accumulated variations of logs in all six officially supported languages.

FINALLY!

For those still following this discussion I'll be glad to present here some slides with foundamentals of Tip Off missions underlying mechanics. Hope to assemble them later in a stand-alone guide, those slides are still in "beta-testing" phase.

simplified:
TO_structure_simple.ENG.png

and more detailed one (aka Tip Off recipes - Cookbook 3307):
TO_structure_v3.2.png

FINALLY!

For those still following this discussion I'll be glad to present here some slides with foundamentals of Tip Off missions underlying mechanics. Hope to assemble them later in a stand-alone guide, those slides are still in "beta-testing" phase.

simplified:

and more detailed one (aka Tip Off recipes - Cookbook 3307):
Excuse me. Is there, by any chance, a Russian version?

Excuse me. Is there, by any chance, a Russian version?
Hm, in fact there are Russian versions available that have been created on special demand from the most contributing group (CEC). As above they are in "beta-testing" stage and I've had no intention to advertise them widely at the moment, but you can find links for them on the "Links" tab of the main spreadsheet of the project.
Oh wow, that's quite the diagram(s).
Well, yes, "diagrams" =) The first version of the "detailed" one has been created a time ago (and originally have planed to be in form of a cooking recipe), then have been updated recently and the resulting one looks "a bit overcharged", imo. So I've created another "simplified" version.

Top Bottom