News Lifetime Expansion Pass Holders - Update!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well we can't discuss what's coming as Frontier aren't even giving any clues, let alone any information. The forum is less and less appealing, with frustrations being circulated again and again.

We can still talk about what we've been up to, I recently finished repairing a station for example, and what improvements we'd like to see. FDev could do the same with what they've been working on and what they are hoping to add to improve the game.

I really like the game, I play nearly every day, sometimes for hours at a time. I only want more of it (not less). The sort of communication that went on in 2015 & earlier was fine, the rate of development in 2015 & before was fine.

I have a LEP and I think its positive as it is. They sold it for 175€ and you should have at least a small benefit supporting them so early on, so it should be worth a minimum of 5-6 full price expansions. That means, at the current pace, we will have many many years of ongoing support and development to look forward to. :)

I really like the game, I play nearly every day, sometimes for hours at a time. I only want more of it (not less). The sort of communication that went on in 2015 & earlier was fine, the rate of development in 2015 & before was fine.
But it's not 2015 and before. I was happy with the communication from 2012 to 2014, but we're both living in the past. Still, I can still happily play the game, but the excitment and enthusiasm that greeted the announcement of ED is mostly long gone.

To make a point, that in reality complaining lepers are just trying to get more than promised.

so to make a point about the intentions of people you don't really know, you throw around a cobra 4 which has nothing to do whatsoever with the lep?

please do the honor ...
f62e6785a05c2ab0a293d9fc38068c35--sasha-bank-jordan.jpg

But it's not 2015 and before. I was happy with the communication from 2012 to 2014, but we're both living in the past. Still, I can still happily play the game, but the excitment and enthusiasm that greeted the announcement of ED is mostly long gone.

And so we come back to the subjective question of what is a reasonable timescale.

And so we come back to the subjective question of what is a reasonable timescale.
As you say, it's subjective, assuming of course Frontier do have more premium expansions or equivalent in the works. I suppose that's my main concern regarding the LEP, since that's the main reason I bought it.

That being said, at the time it did seem like more premium expansions would be coming out more often, though there wasn't any guarantee of them. I suppose if it comes to the question of a reimbursement of the difference in the meantime and then buying any extra expansions separately in the future, it's a matter between Support and individual customers. Either way though, no terms of sale have actually been broken, just lowered expectations of product fulfillment for some.

Though they're not obligated to do so, I think it would be a reasonable gesture on Frontier's part to offer refunds or reimbursements individually to those who might want them as it was likewise a good faith gesture on the part of their customers who bought the LEP.

For me personally, I'm still in it for the long haul and want the most for and from the game and to continue to enjoy it for many years to come, even though I thought there would be more premium expansions out by now.

To be clear, the above is just my opinion and speculation. I don't know what Frontier's specific policies regarding these sorts of things are, nor if they even have any.

Last edited:
Well there was the legendary 10 years plan, which if you run from 2012 means there's only a few years left now.

Was there though? [This is a rhetorical forum meta question.]

Actually maybe more than 10 years when all is as per one might hope for according to DB.

It truth, it's kind of a moot point – what is, what could, and what will never be.

Sure would be nice if FDev would clarify this kind of thing, wouldn't it?

"You can see the lack of sufficient strength behind his more direct parries. Shame they didn't make this more believably realistic, as it distracts from the significance of the scene. Great movie though on principle and execution in general either way though."

Oh, by the way, this isn't meant as a slight toward anyone. It's just a bit of a humorous analogy I thought of regarding the general discussion, having trained in some martial arts and having had a few pints worth on this pleasant day.

Cheers. :)

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Well there was the legendary 10 years plan, which if you run from 2012 means there's only a few years left now.

Even if legendary, I am really not sure where the idea of it being strictly finite came from. Especially in the eventual scenario that the game continues offering reasonable profits.

Usually companies try to forecast their activity for the long term (10 year horizon or whatever the horizon each company prefers to use) for the purposes of planning resource and funds allocation, technology roadmaps etc. And then update those forecasts regularly, annually etc based on profitability, market evolution, changes of strategy and a large etc of reasons. Does not mean that next year update will only be for 9 years and the one after that only for 8. The planning horizon tends to always be the same, every year, unless something really dramatic has changed in the structure or purpose of the company.

Elite will probably continue to be developed and marketd by FDEV for as long as it is a reasonably competitive and profitable product within its overall portfolio. Be that more or less than 10 years.

Last edited:
It's more than a financial term, though that is the most common context in recent years:

investment
/ɪnˈvɛs(t)m(ə)nt/
noun
noun: investment; plural noun: investments
  1. 1.
    the action or process of investing money for profit.
    "a debate over private investment in road-building"
    synonyms:investing, speculation; More
    expenditure, outlay, funding, backing, financing, underwriting;
    buying shares
    "you can lose money pretty fast by bad investment"
    stake, share, portion, interest, money/capital invested;
    informalante
    "an investment of £305,000"
    • a thing that is worth buying because it may be profitable or useful in the future.
      "freezers really are a good investment for the elderly"
      synonyms:venture, speculation, risk, gamble; More
      asset, buy, acquisition, holding, possession;
      bargain;
      informalflutter, punt
      "I'm satisfied that it's a good investment"
    • an act of devoting time, effort, or energy to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result.
      "the time spent in attending the seminar is an investment in our professional futures"
      synonyms:sacrifice, surrender, foregoing, loss, relinquishment, forfeiture
      "a substantial investment of time and energy"
  2. 2.
    archaic
    the surrounding of a place by a hostile force in order to besiege or blockade it.

That's pointless. There is a context for using the term investment here, and buying a video game (including kickstarting one) is not a financial investment. As stated by others, investing in FDEV is.

:D S

Well, in terms of money vs time investment ;-

DDF purchase : £300. (although I haven't included the various paint jobs, ship kits, Elite Books I've got over the year from the store.)
Number of Hours played : 2150.
Cost per Hour (So Far) : £0.14 (rounded) per hour.

Even through I'm disappointed with the lack of promised features that came with the DDF. It's not bad value for money when compared to say what I've spent on SWTOR or the Mass Effect Series.

Mass Effect 1, 2, 3 (Plus their DLC): £80
Number of Hours Played : 95
Cost per Hour (So Far) : £0.84 (rounded) per hour.

SWTOR : Purchase and 2 Years Subscription : £ 250
Number of Hours played : 400 hours
Cost per Hour : £0.625

Watching Avengers: Endgame £12.00
Number of Hours : 3 (ish)
Cost per hour : £4.00

Last edited:
They could just ask for their "God-like powers" which actually were promised...
Maybe it’s happened and that’s what the god mode cheat/hack thread is actually about ;-)

I’m an LEPer since premium beta and although slightly miffed that the game didn’t really pan out as I’d hoped, or the originally implied rate of updates wasn’t actually what happened.. I feel I’d be rather more peeved if I’d bought the LEP with Horizons as many did.
IMHO they should have offered refunds to that group along with the snow flake cosmetics last xmas. :)

Well, in terms of money vs time investment ;-

DDF purchase : £300. (although I haven't included the various paint jobs, ship kits, Elite Books I've got over the year from the store.)
Number of Hours played : 2150.
Cost per Hour (So Far) : £0.14 (rounded) per hour.

Even through I'm disappointed with the lack of promised features that came with the DDF. It's not bad value for money when compared to say what I've spent on SWTOR or the Mass Effect Series.

Mass Effect 1, 2, 3 (Plus their DLC): £80
Number of Hours Played : 95
Cost per Hour (So Far) : £0.84 (rounded) per hour.

SWTOR : Purchase and 2 Years Subscription : £ 250
Number of Hours played : 400 hours
Cost per Hour : £0.625

Watching Avengers: Endgame £12.00
Number of Hours : 3 (ish)
Cost per hour : £4.00

Investment in Mrs Rob At Work £250,000 - £500,000
Number of years - 33 (289,080 hrs)
Cost per hour £0.865 - £1.73

About the same cost as Mass Effect but not as enjoyable

Maybe it’s happened and that’s what the god mode cheat/hack thread is actually about ;-)

I’m an LEPer since premium beta and although slightly miffed that the game didn’t really pan out as I’d hoped, or the originally implied rate of updates wasn’t actually what happened.. I feel I’d be rather more peeved if I’d bought the LEP with Horizons as many did.
IMHO they should have offered refunds to that group along with the snow flake cosmetics last xmas. :)

Ha!

As for refunds; I'd wait until the 'next era' is launched. That should give a much better view as to what FD plans to invest, or not, in ED. If the leak is true and we have executive ships, reworked ice planets, base building and space legs then it would change things quite a bit. If they would then also work on a third DLC with atmo planets it would pretty much have them hit all major landmarks. :)

"if"...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom