Lore questions. :)

Drew,

Do we know why Jasmina Halsey added Azaleach as a last-minute addition to her tour? All I can find out is that it was for "classified" reasons, and then her ship blew up on the way there, in the same manner that the Antares was destroyed in the past. There's a lot surrounding the Antares explosion, and Jasmina Halsey's VP was apparently killed as he was trying to investigate it further.

Thanks!

Drew,

Don't know if you're still keeping an eye on this thread or not, but if so is Ambassador Cuthrick Delaney in Premonition the same person as Proctor Cuthrick Delaney in Lave: Revolution?

Col 70 is a big area, with lots of unlocked spaces within. Are the Col 70 things you refer to all in the Permit Locked parts or are any in the non-permit locked parts?

“...Formidine Rift, which before the advent of the frame shift drive had a reputation as a kind of Bermuda Triangle. Few who venture into the Rift return to tell the tale.” Source : Galnet

Since the name Formidine rift name predates the Exodus project, do you suppose there is more to fear there than just the edge of the universe? Do you suppose there might be more to find out there?

Last edited:
Drew, so good to see you posting here again. Admittedly, seeing you pop into the FRift megathread has been missed. Spent a lot of time after seeking out Club tangents to see what happened and eventually had to move on.

Do you have any guesses as to what etymology is behind the name 'Raxxla'? I cannot find any root syntax or semantic that actually provides a source for the word.
Given that those who may have found it we're not spacefaring pre-Homo Sapiens, surely no one just grunted out the sounds.

Fly safe, write dangerously!

Drew, so good to see you posting here again. Admittedly, seeing you pop into the FRift megathread has been missed. Spent a lot of time after seeking out Club tangents to see what happened and eventually had to move on.

Do you have any guesses as to what etymology is behind the name 'Raxxla'? I cannot find any root syntax or semantic that actually provides a source for the word.
Given that those who may have found it we're not spacefaring pre-Homo Sapiens, surely no one just grunted out the sounds.

Fly safe, write dangerously!

Jaiotu pursued this. Holdstock/Eisler originated it. See https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...e-Dark-Wheel?p=3815695&viewfull=1#post3815695

A question about Mic Turner: according to a tourist beacon in-game (Tourist Spot 0121; Mic Turner History, location: Alioth), Mic Turner was born in 3205 at Jones Colony in the Essafa system. However, I have been unable to find the Essafa system in ED and there are three outposts and one surface port called Jones Colony, none with any tourist beacons with more information. So the question: has Essafa been renamed to something else and if so what, or is it not in game?
In contrast, the same tourist beacon mentions that Meredith Argent's ancestors hailed from Ayethi (where it seems they were driven out by the Birthright Wars) and Ayethi does exist and has a tourist beacon with a little on Walter Argent, who left there for Alioth in the 27th Century.

Friends,
it is with a pretty heavy heart that I have come to tell you that I have found Raxxla.
My heart is heavy because I cannot tell you more, and more so because as such I am forced to cut ties with everyone I have made friends with in this galaxy. I have made failed promises, and have left much to be understood. I knew so little at the time of making those. You may read this and get upset or feel betrayed, and I understand that and expect that. If you too find Raxxla, you will understand perfectly well why I have to do this. There is in fact an NDC, of sorts, on the path to finding it. Raxxla is not something that can be found by collaboration between friends, piggy backing, coat tail riding, or even in multicrew. It is in fact something one has to do all on their own and there is no work around. You cannot outsmart the process or use shortcuts along your way. It must be done exactly as it is intended, alone and as directed. If you could teach people the process it would completely strip and rob them of what it is and where it leads to. This too will make sense when you find it and then you will understand why I am doing what I am doing.
It is out there and it is within all of you to do just that. I have my sincerest hopes that you will. I have spent much of the day in tears over this experience as a whole, literally.
Luckily for you, my closest friends and allies in The 46&2, and all of you in Canonn Research, you have possession of a wealth of incomplete information on how to find it, as well as how it got done and I'm leaving that as is. If you give up you will never find it. If you fail the process you will never grasp it. If you try to subvert it, or its participants, you will not see it, touch it or feel it. The story of the Nemesis is not yours, so leave that in the past, although a Cobra is good tradtion, so maybe piece one together for this trip. I cannot show you pictures or videos, but I can give you the map. Hold it tight and don't let go.
The keywords I give you are the tools you will use to decipher the meanings of people, places and things along the way, every step of the way. When you find it it will be unmistakeable.

Map: https://www.ciis.edu/Documents/07_keller.pdf

Keywords: google, wiki, meaning, myth and symbol.

My sincerest and deepest gratitude to everyone at Frontier Developments.

Thank you all for being my friend.

GURU-951
46&2
Canonn Research

o7

Did he, really? :D

A question about Mic Turner: according to a tourist beacon in-game (Tourist Spot 0121; Mic Turner History, location: Alioth), Mic Turner was born in 3205 at Jones Colony in the Essafa system. However, I have been unable to find the Essafa system in ED and there are three outposts and one surface port called Jones Colony, none with any tourist beacons with more information. So the question: has Essafa been renamed to something else and if so what, or is it not in game?
In contrast, the same tourist beacon mentions that Meredith Argent's ancestors hailed from Ayethi (where it seems they were driven out by the Birthright Wars) and Ayethi does exist and has a tourist beacon with a little on Walter Argent, who left there for Alioth in the 27th Century.

Might be worth a bug report, at least the FD response might tell you what the new name is

Last edited:
Drew, To what extent is the old lore regarding Polaris still valid? Did Sirius Corp possibly have hidden motives in building all those stations dotted between the bubble and Sothis ?

Drew, To what extent is the old lore regarding Polaris still valid? Did Sirius Corp possibly have hidden motives in building all those stations dotted between the bubble and Sothis ?

He’s gone rather quiet. Perhaps the Klaxians have kidnapped him.

edit: he’s signed up to DW2 in his ship Pride of Eulexia, but no entrant or progress showing on EDSM, so I suspect the Klaxians &/or the Club got to him before departure! ;)

Last edited:
He’s gone rather quiet. Perhaps the Klaxians have kidnapped him.

edit: he’s signed up to DW2 in his ship Pride of Eulexia, but no entrant or progress showing on EDSM, so I suspect the Klaxians &/or the Club got to him before departure! ;)

I was watching his Twitch stream on Thursday night where he reached the 'collection of wonders' as part of the Fleetcom group. Apparently he streams Monday and Thursday nights (about 8pm) covering writing and gaming.

I was watching his Twitch stream on Thursday night where he reached the 'collection of wonders' as part of the Fleetcom group. Apparently he streams Monday and Thursday nights (about 8pm) covering writing and gaming.

Ah, interesting thanks. Might look out for that, though I don’t often watch streams. Do you have a link to it?
Collection of Wonders is an interesting location. Got a pic of the ringed neutron star & another of the ringed M type.

it would disappear from the cargo hold. How is this relevant to this thread?
That's merely what happens to it in game and i guess from the perspective of anyone on the ship, but it does't explain what happens to the object.

If the object is completely obliterated before reaching normal space you've just described a way of 'disappearing' people, a perfect method for disposing bodies. Something that aserial killer of oppresive regime would find usefel.

If objects can survive falling back into normal space in alragely intact form it opens up all kind of possibilities such as dead letter drops, heists or even being used as a weapon.

That's merely what happens to it in game and i guess from the perspective of anyone on the ship, but it does't explain what happens to the object.

If the object is completely obliterated before reaching normal space you've just described a way of 'disappearing' people, a perfect method for disposing bodies. Something that aserial killer of oppresive regime would find usefel.

If objects can survive falling back into normal space in alragely intact form it opens up all kind of possibilities such as dead letter drops, heists or even being used as a weapon.

Ah, I now see where you’re coming from. Still don’t think this is the correct thread to get it answered, if indeed it can be.
Before CRCR lots of UAs were lost from cargo holds in hyperspace when they corroded the cargo hatch, but if they’re lost in hyperspace then either they might stay in hyperspace, or reappear somewhere (unknown) in normal space so it would presumably be impossible to know where they ended up. Don’t remember anyone saying they had experimented with deliberately ejecting cargo in hyperspace, and don’t think it can be done since all ship systems are inaccessible whilst in hyperspace, including the cargo hold & hatch.

Last edited:
Greetings Drew,

Good to see you hanging around. This is in regards to all the books being subtly connected. I've read most of the books and for the ones I haven't I'll eventually get to, but it seems to me that all of them seem to suggest human enhancement programs being ran by "people". Most of them being done with drugs. Are all these drugs the same or are they different?

Also is it possible to find out who is running these programs in game?

I suspect a big Pharmaceutical company being used as a front for another shadowy hand, but would be interested in knowing more of anything you know in regards to this matter.

Thanks!
Folks,

I wrote a couple of official books in the ED universe a while back, which meant a reasonable knowledge of the background lore.

If anyone has questions about in-game lore stuff from the dawn of time until now post below and I'll do my best to answer. :)

Cheers,

Drew.

Some depressing questions for Drew if you are here:

FD are known to have a 'Lore Bible' that details everything in ED from its stories, characters, creatures and settings. How extensive was it, and do you think FD are sticking to it?

Top Bottom