Need stable AIP for telemetry data - used for 2-6 dof motion platforms

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Dear Elite Devs and PMs etc. As has been asked before, could you answer us to let us know that someone is reading any of this? Also if your answer is "No we don't care about a few hard core players that are using VR and Motion, we are not going to help you." Could you let us know so we can stop wasting time asking and then we can go back to playing X Plane 11 and DCS. Thanks

Well there you go. One week goes past and no acknowledgement from anyone at Frontier. So either they are not reading any of this or if they are, they are so disinterested, they can't be bothered to answer. Either way, we are wasting our time here!

Please add API telemetry support for Elite Dangerous. With VR steadily growing and motion simulators becoming more available, there will be more users looking for API support. I am personally one of them. Please add it to Elite Dangerous as it is the premier space sim and future motion support would be incredible.

Please add a telemetry api, the movement makes the game even bigger, it can't be that it breaks the movement every time there is a game update

I would very much like to have this as well. I just got my Yaw VR 3dof motion simulator set up. It's not data that's all that restricted or hidden; you're using it to displace the pilot's chair in-game already. Just add an option to transmit those forces to localhost in a UDP packet or some such; it may too frequent for the file storage approach of status.json, and UDP would let you send without caring if there's a listener or not.

I repeat that I will buy a motion rig asap if this occurs.

I would even be willing to contribute to a (reasonable) donation fund to pay for the initial development of the API.

But FDev has been ignoring this for years.

Elite Dangerous is a very cool system. It is even cooler when you are in a moving rig. I was thrilled to use my P6 with ED, and amazed at how much it enhances the experience. Recently ED has been releasing updates that break my motion system's telemetry, and I go from almost "living" in the game -- to simply playing in a very expensive chair, wishing every minute of play that Frontier would provide the stable API for telemetry that the simracingstudio techs say is needed.

These rigs are the future, and many of your customers will enjoy the official support that so many other games supply to these amazing motion simulators. The fact that simracingstudio has a fix to the telemetry issue within a few hours of ED breaking it -- suggests that it wouldn't take much to stabilize this important data source.

Frontier is too awesome to allow this key complimentary technology to be unsupported. Imagine the marketing opportunities as this technology matures. I'm requesting that you support my game play with at least a minimal stabilized API so that I don't have to dread updates to my favorite game.

Developer, please consider support API telemetry!
I love this game with motion simulation. Being able to play with motion simulator is the reason why I play for so long!

Just got my DOFReality H6 and would really, really appreciate this feature...

Just put my order in (H3), should take a week.

Still looking for a seat to buy.<<<< Need some websites for advice.

Anyhoo, Just looking at their forums on Elite Dangerous (Experimental)
Does it now work? I
If not Please release a DLL FD.

Going to enjoy the driving and flight sims.

Have a great weekend Ladies and Gents

D-Box user please please please support this! Elite is an awesome game but I'm playing auto sims that support telemetry instead now that I'm hooked.

D-BOX isn't the ones stopping the process here. I got a reply from them a little while back. I'll just leave out names and parts that aren't relevant :)

Hi Kim,

My name is ------, Motion Integrator at D-BOX Technologies, nice to meet you.
Your question is very relevant and we would like you to know that D-BOX works hard in order to develop its compatible content list.
As you may understand, the D-BOX Motion Code development for a new game require both effort from us and the game developer itself. In the case of Elite Dangerous, unfortunately, the developer “Frontier Developments” didn’t had the chance to work with us due to their very tight schedule. Nevertheless, we hope the best for future and expect that one day they will be available to partner with us in order to deliver our customer a D-BOX Motion Code for Elite Dangerous.
-
A year ago, we tried a concept with Elite Dangerous by mapping the motion code to the controllers input (very similar as you did explained below) but we came at the conclusion that the result didn’t match our D-BOX standard that’s why we didn’t release it.
D-BOX is a high-end Motion System and it’s very important for us to deliver our customer the best motion experience possible. Each D-BOX Motion Code has to pass through a strict test bench before being released.
-
We take your point and hope we will find a solution for Elite Dangerous.
Best regards,

----

Dear Elite

I strongly support this idea to provide a stable API simulation platforms. This would be very comfortable for all players who like want to experience this superb spatial simulation in the most immersive way possible.

Please give us a stable API so we don't have to rebuild plugin every time after the update.

Thank you for your attention.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom