Need stable AIP for telemetry data - used for 2-6 dof motion platforms

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Please fix this... we spend a lot of money on these motion platforms and to have them stop working in one of the coolest games for VR ever made is simply a shame.

+1 for this

Motion platforms are becoming more and more affordable, and the number of people using them is substantial. Our Facebook group is just for one brand of motion platform, and we have almost 7k members.

I too want to register my support for telemetry api.
Early 90's I played frontier: elite ii and loved it. Now I got a phat computer with rtx3090, htc vive pro, hotas warthog kit and tm rudder pedals mounted on a dofreality h6. I'm finally home in space.
I'd hate to see downtime because telemetry doesn't get properly fixed. If David tried the game fully immensed in VR and motion I'm sure it would be top priority. Don't be sorry, don't be afraid. You can do this Dave.

Frontier have acknowledged my ticket, so I expect that means it will come at some stage

You can still vote on the issue to help move it up the list I expect

I added to your ticket, voted and provided all my specs and motion platform information.

I also noted that Next Level Racing just added support for Grand Theft Auto V ... which is interesting because I have setup the mod which adds VR support to the game (and it's pretty awesome), but have not as of yet added the mod for wheel/pedal support. There was also a mod created which added support for motion simulators, but had also not messed around with that yet either, but it may not even be needed now.

EDIT: Just poking around the updated NLR platform manager and they've added support for wind simulators!!

Last edited:
It would also be nice if they would add some form of Force Feedback. My motion platform supports vibration effects using audio transducers using a secondary sound card up to 8 channels of effects per output channel. But even just basic FF would be nice.

I'm currently just using a Butt Kicker II audio transducer which I'm splitting off my sub woofer output of my Sony surround sound receiver I use. It works quite well.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom