General Nerf Frame Shift Drive Interdictor

The real irony is that you either didn't watch the vid, or just weren't paying attention, thus missing several key points. But you still thought it was a good idea to make a comment...!

I watched the vid alright when it was published, I think you werent even playing by the time.

I've got to admit, Rinzzler is a beast. He actually managed to convince fools to invest time engineering their T7 with that troll video. Lol.

I have never been successfully interdicted by another player, and have never failed to interdict another player. You're new to the game OP, you just need practice.

Depends on your definition of win I guess. If winning = escaping the interdiction, get better at it or use a different ship. If winning= not getting blown up, then submitting/ waking out is a valid tactic.

Best example I can think of is "scrums" in 7s rugby. There is a tactic where you offer no resistance and pull the other team through to catch them off guard. Or you can cite a few examples in military history of armies feigning the breakdown of their center force to bait rush from the other side and flank them.

TL;DR- Better to have a strategic win than a tactical win

Let's be real five secs. If the minigame isnt one of the most glitchy broken placeholder this game manages to pull out, I dont know what is. Interdicter dictates the minigame and packet loss and lag will make the interdicted loose all the time. Hence why it's bypassed.

Let's be real five secs. If the minigame isnt one of the most glitchy broken placeholder this game manages to pull out, I dont know what is. Interdicter dictates the minigame and packet loss and lag will make the interdicted loose all the time. Hence why it's bypassed.
Ok but again i think you are getting caught up in a tactical vs strategic win. The overall strategic win is to not have your ship blown up. This can be done by escaping interdiction, but escaping is difficult against human players due to skill and possibly network structure.

Now another method is to submit, then wait 15 seconds and wake out. While tactially "losing" the mini game, it serves the end goal of not getting blown up.

If your ship can neither evade and interdiction or survive 15 seconds... the issue lies in ship build or severely underskilled piloting.

Could the mechanic be better? I guess so. It could all be better. Butit serves the intended function well enough. I just dont really know what your point is

Ok but again i think you are getting caught up in a tactical vs strategic win. The overall strategic win is to not have your ship blown up. This can be done by escaping interdiction, but escaping is difficult against human players due to skill and possibly network structure.

Now another method is to submit, then wait 15 seconds and wake out. While tactially "losing" the mini game, it serves the end goal of not getting blown up.

If your ship can neither evade and interdiction or survive 15 seconds... the issue lies in ship build or severely underskilled piloting.

Could the mechanic be better? I guess so. It could all be better. Butit serves the intended function well enough. I just dont really know what your point is

I'm not talking about strategic versus tactic. I'm talking about working versus broken. What is the minigame intended function? To be lost on purpose?

I think the whole interdiction system needs an overhaul rather than a nerf to one side or the other. People have been deriding it as a minigame for years.

I'm not talking about strategic versus tactic. I'm talking about working versus broken. What is the minigame intended function? To be lost on purpose?

The minigame is intended to have one ship pull another out of SC. Most of the time it makes sense to run, sometimes it is faster to submit.

To me it makes sense that the person who initiates the interdiction would have an advantage, and it is not hard to survive. Not all games have fair odds

It just seems like you are making a big stink about something that is ultimately not a big deal

It just seems like you are making a big stink about something that is ultimately not a big deal

Like I said, my point was stated at post #9. Having some serious big boy arguing about my lack of skill is just extra. Some people like their game broken and be a parody of competition, blaze your own trail, I guess.

Like I said, my point was stated at post #9. Having some serious big boy arguing about my lack of skill is just extra. Some people like their game broken and be a parody of competition, blaze your own trail, I guess.

You asserted the mechanic is broken because the interdictor has an advantage. I dont think this is broken. If the interdiction minigame was the ENTIRE combat system, you would have a point. The game is still competitive as there are many ways to survive an interdiction.

You asserted the mechanic is broken because the interdictor has an advantage. I dont think this is broken. If the interdiction minigame was the ENTIRE combat system, you would have a point. The game is still competitive as there are many ways to survive an interdiction.

Hum I see now. So the ENTIRE system is not broken, hence the minigame is not broken...

Thanks for clarifying that. Bye.

I watched the vid alright when it was published, I think you werent even playing by the time.

I've got to admit, Rinzzler is a beast. He actually managed to convince fools to invest time engineering their T7 with that troll video. Lol.
I you might be thinking of a different video.

This is Rinzler's video

Notice how Rinzler's video DOES NOT tell the viewer to engineer their Type 7. Are you sure you are thinking of the same video?

Yes I must confound with his T9 PVP vid.

People should definately not engineer their T7 for sure.
I disagree with not engineering anything on a Type 7, although I will say that you don't need to engineer everything either.

There are quite a few ships that can share components with the Type 7 (notably the size 5 FSD) that someone might be considering collecting at a later date. If someone wanted to, they could easily engineer some of the Type 7's core internals (power plant, thrusters, FSD, distro), optional internals (shield generator and HRPs, if any) and utility mounts (especially shield boosters) and transfer the engineered modules to other more capable ships when they sell the Type 7.

A few relatively inexpensive engineer upgrades for a Type 7 can go a long way to making it more capable and survivable. Of course, if you're just going to sell the Type 7 I would not recommend engineering the bulkheads, life support or sensors.

No, I just mean for goofing off. They're surprisingly fast, and can be quite durable when you mod them to high heaven.

No engineers are required for trading in a basic T7, you just have to sacrifice some cargo space (gasp) and follow a few easy steps.

A big benefit of engineering is you can squeeze more out of smaller modules, and free up some cargo space.

I disagree with not engineering anything on a Type 7, although I will say that you don't need to engineer everything either.

There are quite a few ships that can share components with the Type 7 (notably the size 5 FSD) that someone might be considering collecting at a later date. If someone wanted to, they could easily engineer some of the Type 7's core internals (power plant, thrusters, FSD, distro), optional internals (shield generator and HRPs, if any) and utility mounts (especially shield boosters) and transfer the engineered modules to other more capable ships when they sell the Type 7.

A few relatively inexpensive engineer upgrades for a Type 7 can go a long way to making it more capable and survivable. Of course, if you're just going to sell the Type 7 I would not recommend engineering the bulkheads, life support or sensors.

I really like the theorycrafting crowd. I'm sure it also makes a wonderful bookmark for the station you left it on.

Okay, so you have forgotten what's in the video.... I think you should watch it again, then maybe edit your comments, so as to not look like a total ignoramus....

I always find it's best to do my research first, then post comments. You should try that.

Okay, so you have forgotten what's in the video.... I think you should watch it again, then maybe edit your comments, so as to not look like a total ignoramus....

I always find it's best to do my research first, then post comments. You should try that.

Just practice what you preach and go do a CG in an unengineered T7 during primetime, then come back here to tell us how Grom is fun to deal with.

Top Bottom