No more patch updates before Fleet Carriers?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Apparently the original Firefly producers are working on a new project, unfortunately they can't announce yet what it is exactly. But they seem pretty excited about it.
Really, kind of hope the produces fail in their endeavour. Don't get me wrong, I am a die hard Brown Coat, but it has been too many years, all the cast has moved on, grown up, some unfortunately have even died. And if this new series is post the BFM then no Wash, and he was one of those that made the show. And if they tried to do the show with different cast is just wouldn't work, no one can replace Capt'n Fancy Pants and the rest of the crew of Serenity.

The only thing they could do is have a new series based loosely in the Firefly 'Verse, that would be the only thing that I could think of that could possibly work.

Cant announce it yet? Appalling communication.
Really, kind of hope the produces fail in their endeavour. Don't get me wrong, I am a die hard Brown Coat, but it has been too many years, all the cast has moved on, grown up, some unfortunately have even died. And if this new series is post the BFM then no Wash, and he was one of those that made the show. And if they tried to do the show with different cast is just wouldn't work, no one can replace Capt'n Fancy Pants and the rest of the crew of Serenity.

The only thing they could do is have a new series based loosely in the Firefly 'Verse, that would be the only thing that I could think of that could possibly work.

Sorry, looks like I wasn't being obvious enough. 🤭

Apparently the original Firefly producers are working on a new project, unfortunately they can't announce yet what it is exactly. But they seem pretty excited about it.
Ooh I loved original Stronghold. Such nice castle building game. Then somebody told them (probably for marketing reasons) that everything has to be 3D and have ugly graphics, so they lost their edge.

Well, if true, this is news to be welcomed. The open letter cmdrs got one of their bug fix releases and betas reinstated, we then get FCs, then more bug fix releases until end of the year. That is a fair outcome, who could not be happy with that? :rolleyes:

Agreed.

Good stuff from the past should be left in the past. Too many once great shows have been assassinated already. And it's time for new franchises, new characters, new adventures. It's like cinema/tv has drained and almost nobody knows how to make something original anymore, everything must be a sequel, prequel, reboot, spinoff or re-gender.

Zimms was having a lend, there is no firefly project in the works.

Whedon is doing a steampunky thing next year though.

You basically said exactly the same as I did. I said "not ready for release", you said "buggy and incomplete". Different words, but In the end, it's exactly the same.

I ain't fond of the "open letter" either. I even find the notion that the authors feel they represent the community absurd.
Not every conversation needs to be a circular argument... ;)

I'd debate that, 'we' didn't ask for this - a bunch of self-important youtube influencers, the leader of an infamous 'ganker' group and a few other folk with large egos asked for it... All claiming to represent "The Community"...

The whole truth is that the majority of players didn't ask for it.... They just kept on playing the game and not making any fuss - exactly what was the number of unverified signatures on the 'open letter' petition as a percentage of total sales?
True, although I suspect that the majority of players prefers a better balance between content and bugs than what we had with the September update.

True, although I suspect that the majority of players prefers a better balance between content and bugs than what we had with the September update.
But the majority of the bugs in the September update were fixed incredibly quickly - what short memories people have!
The biggest issue with the game currently is that whatever is 'fixed' appears to 'break' something totally unrelated, perhaps the Q4 2020 update actually will be a major code overhaul and we'll have updates that don't need immediate remedial work...

I've been pretty defensive of updates and their fixes, but with the current, random, 'flips' of the FSS screen and equally random 'pauses' when accelerating or turning in systems even I'm beginning to wonder just how broken the base code actually is 🤷‍♂️

If we had had multiple 'patches' and fixes since September then I'd agree that FDev were taking real notice of those demands...

Use your glasses.

Watch the reticle and the module target rectangle. It's literally written there btw (subtitles in the first 5 seconds of the vid).
Your HUD colours make it hard to see anything for me, youtube video compression doesn't help either. After watching the video 3 times I noticed that the module rectangle is not on the target. Wasn't easy though, next time I use my (magnifying) glasses... ;)

But the majority of the bugs in the September update were fixed incredibly quickly - what short memories people have!
The biggest issue with the game currently is that whatever is 'fixed' appears to 'break' something totally unrelated, perhaps the Q4 2020 update actually will be a major code overhaul and we'll have updates that don't need immediate remedial work...

I've been pretty defensive of updates and their fixes, but with the current, random, 'flips' of the FSS screen and equally random 'pauses' when accelerating or turning in systems even I'm beginning to wonder just how broken the base code actually is 🤷‍♂️

If we had had multiple 'patches' and fixes since September then I'd agree that FDev were taking real notice of those demands...
True, most bugs were fixed rather quickly. Still, many people had the impression that the September update hardly updated anything and yet the whole game was broken (hyperbole or not). So I understand why it was such a frustrating experience for many of us. We don't know how much stuff changed under the hood in order to implement Arx, maybe a beta would've helped.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom