No more patch updates before Fleet Carriers?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
See I just don't understand this entire 'FD MUST TELL US EVERYTHING' mentality some have here.

I think there are several options between EVERYTHING and what we have now.

If FD made an announcement tomorrow on what is in New Era, how would that effect the player base?:
  1. Some will say they are rage quitting (but we can never tell because the refuse to leave the forums lol). Not a great loss to FD as they would rage quit when the DLC drops anyway.
  2. Some will declare that they won't buy the DLC because of 'x' either being included or being excluded (or both with some here). Again, nothing FD can do about that, they had to make a business decision and know that they can't please everyone all the time and no one player is more important than any other player.
  3. The majority will continue playing, either whining about what is about to happen or excited about it. But they are smart enough to know these big changes to the game are outside of their control and they have to either accept FD's decisions or they can vote with their feet and leave.
  4. The worst that can happen is FD state they are planning on added 'ABC' to the game but down track find out they can't for some legitimate reason whether it be some engineering problem with either one of the platforms or Windows. Basically something outside of their control and they admit that. What happens then is the forum will erupt with cries of YOU PROMISED, totally ignoring the bit that ABC can't be done for some valid reason.

So things would stay exactly the same? :D Why not give it a shot then?

So I will ask again, why should FD be forced to tell us what their long and short term plans are and what would it achieve (apart from generating more salt)?

I never said a word about forcing Frontier to do anything. I don't think it would generate more salt, but the same amount. The distribution would maybe be different, getting rid of some before the release and media spotlight.

See I just don't understand this entire 'FD MUST TELL US EVERYTHING' mentality some have here. Why, what will telling everyone what will happen in 12 months time going to achieve. If FD made an announcement tomorrow on what is in New Era, how would that effect the player base?:
  1. Some will say they are rage quitting (but we can never tell because the refuse to leave the forums lol). Not a great loss to FD as they would rage quit when the DLC drops anyway.
  2. Some will declare that they won't buy the DLC because of 'x' either being included or being excluded (or both with some here). Again, nothing FD can do about that, they had to make a business decision and know that they can't please everyone all the time and no one player is more important than any other player.
  3. The majority will continue playing, either whining about what is about to happen or excited about it. But they are smart enough to know these big changes to the game are outside of their control and they have to either accept FD's decisions or they can vote with their feet and leave.
  4. The worst that can happen is FD state they are planning on added 'ABC' to the game but down track find out they can't for some legitimate reason whether it be some engineering problem with either one of the platforms or Windows. Basically something outside of their control and they admit that. What happens then is the forum will erupt with cries of YOU PROMISED, totally ignoring the bit that ABC can't be done for some valid reason.
So I will ask again, why should FD be forced to tell us what their long and short term plans are and what would it achieve (apart from generating more salt)?

You worry far too much about what others think or say. You'll get grey hairs very quickly that way.

You worry far too much about what others think or say. You'll get grey hairs very quickly that way.
Way too late for that, I was grey in my 30's (but that didn't matter, had very short hair then due to my job lol). I just get peed off when people state that if FD did X everything would be perfect !

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
At 6 minutes. And it was an announcement about an announcement, nothing more.

9 pages of trash talk over this?

Slow news day... week... month... year...

Haaaang on for just one moment there. Who are you and where's the REAL Agony Aunt? He would never be surprised at that!

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I think there are several options between EVERYTHING and what we have now.
I think the way you present that dichotomy is a bit skewed already. If you use EVERYTHING in one extreme you should be using NOTHING at the other. Mainly because what we have today is quite a lot more than that nothing. And to ask for EVERYTHING seems a tad unrealistic and unfair. Then we can discuss how relevant what we have today is, if you want.

In addition to that, and perhaps even more importantly, you are also missing the critical time dimension. Information about future events can be more or less accurate (and therefore relevant) depending on how close they are to said events.

At the end of the day it is the developer prerogative anyways. Their money (LEP minority notwithstanding), their resources, their risk (if things go wrong) and therefore their rules.

Last edited:
I think the way you present that dichotomy is skewed already. If you use EVERYTHING in one extreme you should be using NOTHING at the other. Mainly because what we have today is quite a lot more than that nothing. And to ask for EVERYTHING seems a tad unrealistic and unfair. Then we can discuss how relevant what we have today is, if you want.

In addition to that, and perhaps even more importantly, you are also missing the critical time dimension. Information about future events can be more or less accurate (and therefore relevant) depending on how close they are to said events.

At the end of the day it is the de eloped prerrogativa anyways. Their money, their resources, their risk and therefore their rules.

This forum really is a mine field sometimes.

I did not use the word NOTHING because then I would have been accused of claiming Frontier have told us nothing. (Although with regards to New Era that's almost true.)

I did use the word EVERYTHING because that was a quote. And it felt a bit like he was trying to put those words in my mouth, Cpt. Caps style.

And yes, asking for EVERYTHING would be a bit much, luckily I never did that.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
This forum really is a mine field sometimes.

I did not use the word NOTHING because then I would have been accused of claiming Frontier have told us nothing. (Although with regards to New Era that's almost true.)

I did use the word EVERYTHING because that was a quote. And it felt a bit like he was trying to put those words in my mouth, Cpt. Caps style.

And yes, asking for EVERYTHING would be a bit much, luckily I never did that.
Yeah fair.

just to comment ARX thing ... imo the worst was 1st application with buggs, then partly functioning in-game store only and completely non-working web store. Cutting own income due bugs in selling interface was imo the most visible thing documenting technical state of the game.

For ARX itself I need to say it's not bad, especially in light of theirs possibility earn them via play this game. I gave during years much more money on cosmetics as compared with overall cost of 3 accounts. However now I'm thinking much more if I want buy somethin because it looks like cosmetics price is higher with ARX. ... with that above said, I still buy stuff if is added something what I like (as Mamba kits or Stygian paints) but in total I spent much less money/time. I also always liked idea about support ED with cosmetics purchase, but my trust is much smaller in last time (for a reasons stated numerous times in this thread). It's FDev's turn now to prove that they still deserve the right to be trusted.

Yeah, ignore all the previous doom statements since 2013. This time is for realsies.
7h0qpRN.gif
I wonder if there’s a Babylon 5 one:

“So no doom?”

“No doom today, doom tomorrow. There’s always doom tomorrow. What? Someone’s got to have some persepective around here? Doom. Sooner or later, DOOM!” :D

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom