Now that the Game is Over

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Game over for consoles, the PC master race still plays, so you aren't going to get spoilers that will ruin it for the player base!
They're discontinuing service for Horizons players as well even on PC. They've also canceled the next major update for Odyssey but yeah keep believing they still care about ya fam.

They're discontinuing service for Horizons players as well even on PC. They've also canceled the next major update for Odyssey but yeah keep believing they still care about ya fam.

Horizons isn't being discontinued, where do you get that idea from? Horizons and the base game were rolled in together, Odyssey is a DLC, you seem to be inventing stuff out of thin air. The next major udate for Odyssey has been clearly defined and no-one from FDEV have said it is cancelled. But even so, even if all that were true, there are still plenty of players on PC playing the game as it is so suddenly revealing RAXXLA would simply be a spoiler and ruin a lot of peoples day. If your version of the game has been cancelled and you don't intend to continue playing on PC, walk away, it's no longer your concern!

Horizons isn't being discontinued, where do you get that idea from? Horizons and the base game were rolled in together, Odyssey is a DLC, you seem to be inventing stuff out of thin air. The next major udate for Odyssey has been clearly defined and no-one from FDEV have said it is cancelled. But even so, even if all that were true, there are still plenty of players on PC playing the game as it is so suddenly revealing RAXXLA would simply be a spoiler and ruin a lot of peoples day. If your version of the game has been cancelled and you don't intend to continue playing on PC, walk away, it's no longer your concern!
When they announced that they weren't releasing Odyssey on console they mentioned nothing more was going to be added to Horizons, no DLC no new features etc. All links to purchasing Horizons on PC have been removed from the FDev site and support is limited, I can't recover my account unless I buy Odyssey. They're continuing minimal updates on Odyssey and canceled the planned expansion. I'll cite a source if I can find a reputable one.

When they announced that they weren't releasing Odyssey on console they mentioned nothing more was going to be added to Horizons, no DLC no new features etc

Odyssey "is" the DLC to Horizons, you understand how game DLC's work right, they add new and more content, and the old stuff remains as it is, that's literally how DLC's work! Horizons is the old content, Odyssey is the DLC with new content.

They're continuing minimal updates on Odyssey and canceled the planned expansion. I'll cite a source if I can find a reputable one.

You go right ahead, I am guessing then that all you have at the moment are unreputable sources.

Since y'all have decided to discontinue service for consoles and what not...Can we get a comment as to, what was Raxxla?
Sounds like some casual console player is mad cuz their inferiour toy got discontinued lol. This is why you shouldn't play on consoles in the first place, consoles are for kids who don't know how to use a computer.

and why would they tell you what Raxxla is? not was, IS! because you see game is still being developed on PC, why would they give away the biggest puzzle in the game?

Raxxla is the friends we make along the way.
no it's not. Raxxla is a place. from all the clues, my prediction is that it's in different place for everyone and this is why it says it's a journey that everyone has to take alone, but it's there for sure. The Dark Wheel is key to finding it and we all know TDW exists, most likely in a locked system in a bubble and only way to get permit, is to complete some hidden missions, so you get invited. Probably those random missions that pop up. TDW operates under alias names, so you'd never get a direct clue .. you just have to take it on faith and do random missions that pop up, I assume they're exploration related .. but there's also mention that fake TDW gets shut down fast, so maybe those missions could also include assassination of imposters.

All links to purchasing Horizons on PC have been removed from the FDev site

Hmmm...

Since the base game and Horizons are now one and the same, this would seem to be the link for buying Horizons.

I can't recover my account unless I buy Odyssey.

I think you'll find that you can get a free copy of Horizons for the PC in order to transfer your current Cmdr.

Hit the like button instead of the Quote button, and you can't seem to remove a like once you have given it ;)

I think you'll find that you can get a free copy of Horizons for the PC in order to transfer your current Cmdr.

Hit the like button instead of the Quote button, and you can't seem to remove a like once you have given it ;)
They did say that but the process to transfer account data is not functioning yet. I bought Elite on Xbox so I'd have to buy a copy on PC, there isn't an actual free copy of Horizons I've already talked to em about it. They also recommended I buy Odyssey buy still couldn't guarantee that I'd be able to make an account transfer.

I don't understand the last part as I can remove likes by clicking the button again.

Horizons isn't being discontinued, where do you get that idea from?
Horizons is effectively Doomed(tm) as they were planning to replace the Horizons planets with Odyssey planets and thus destroy all Horizons planetary discoveries before they decided to just drop ED development entirely and work on dinosaurs and race cars instead. If they ever decide to resume development, Horizons will be erased in everything but name.

They did say that but the process to transfer account data is not functioning yet. I bought Elite on Xbox so I'd have to buy a copy on PC

When the account transfers become ative later this year all players in consoles get a free copy of Horizons, you only need to buy Odyssey if you want to play it. This has been clarified again and again for console players, I guessed you missed all that!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom