Now that the Game is Over

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
When the account transfers become ative later this year all players in consoles get a free copy of Horizons, you only need to buy Odyssey if you want to play it. This has been clarified again and again for console players, I guessed you missed all that!
No I heard it and I have subscribed to the email alerts about it but it doesn't look promising imo. They keep suggesting I start a new account on PC and merge the progress later when possible.

Since SC is PC only, we can assume you also gave up playing on console, it's not only FDev.
What? I don't understand the relevance. I didn't buy a PC solely because of Elite or FDev, I still have my xbox and live so I can still play Elite if I want I just haven't had a reason or desire for a long time. The thought of Raxxla came to mind a few days ago and I wondered if there'd been any official statement or if anyone had actually solved the mystery so I thought I'd post here.

Yo just being honest, I don't think SC will ever be released. Maybe Squadron 42 but Bethesda beat em to it with Starfield so it's whatever to me lol.
But I don't think FDev will do another DLC for Elite, if anything I think we'll get a sequel or something like that.

I honestly think that devs should offer an option for people to convert their products and progress from consoles to PC. This way at least people could continue with they grinded stuff on PC if they choose to do so.

As about those who talk about SC .. I think that game will never be as good or popular as ED, because SC aims for drooling PVP action and not exploration and realism like ED does.
Also from what I hear, SC keeps doing regular progress wipes .. I'd never play ED if they'd wipe the progress and that's why I never even tried SC myself. Also I heard it lags 10x worse than Odyssey and SC has no solo or coop options, you're forced to put up with gankers and trolls .. which ultimately means cheaters with ESP who always know where you are, that's way too stressing for me. I like that about ED, that i'm able to play in solo or private group, such as my own or Mobius which has over 12000 members in the EURASIA group.

ED devs should "copy" some parts from SC and NMS tho. If I'd have to choose between ED, SC and NMS, I think ED devs have the highest potential of getting things done, but they're bit blind to what is good and what isn't. Money is always the issue when developing a game and this is why ED devs should add more stuff that you can buy for ARX. For example have ability to own more than 1 carrier, but more than 1 would cost weekly ARX instead of just credits to upkeep it.

then make HUD themes part of the game, it's free, but if you want to have multiple themes saved, then those slots would also cost ARX.
then make it possible to expand your module storage for ARX. that 200 module limit is quite cry-worthy.
on-foot weapon skins are way too expensive, reduce price to make more sales
i could list many, many more amazing ideas, but it's all in vain .. because this info never reaches the devs anyway.

But I don't think FDev will do another DLC for Elite, if anything I think we'll get a sequel or something like that.
I think they will do proper planetary landing at some point, but it honestly seems like devs have lost interest in ED, because it doesn't make them enough money ...
It's their own fault, because they REFUSE to listen to people like me, who have tons of ideas how they can sell stuff for ARX that doesn't break the game (look at my previous post for example).
More ARX sales = more money for devs = they can hire more programmers and model designers.

I honestly think that devs should offer an option for people to convert their products and progress from consoles to PC. This way at least people could continue with they grinded stuff on PC if they choose to do so.

As about those who talk about SC .. I think that game will never be as good or popular as ED, because SC aims for drooling PVP action and not exploration and realism like ED does.
Also from what I hear, SC keeps doing regular progress wipes .. I'd never play ED if they'd wipe the progress and that's why I never even tried SC myself. Also I heard it lags 10x worse than Odyssey and SC has no solo or coop options, you're forced to put up with gankers and trolls .. which ultimately means cheaters with ESP who always know where you are, that's way too stressing for me. I like that about ED, that i'm able to play in solo or private group, such as my own or Mobius which has over 12000 members in the EURASIA group.

ED devs should "copy" some parts from SC and NMS tho. If I'd have to choose between ED, SC and NMS, I think ED devs have the highest potential of getting things done, but they're bit blind to what is good and what isn't. Money is always the issue when developing a game and this is why ED devs should add more stuff that you can buy for ARX. For example have ability to own more than 1 carrier, but more than 1 would cost weekly ARX instead of just credits to upkeep it.

then make HUD themes part of the game, it's free, but if you want to have multiple themes saved, then those slots would also cost ARX.
then make it possible to expand your module storage for ARX. that 200 module limit is quite cry-worthy.
on-foot weapon skins are way too expensive, reduce price to make more sales
i could list many, many more amazing ideas, but it's all in vain .. because this info never reaches the devs anyway.
1. It's an alpha still in developement, a lot of developers do wipes during or after alpha and beta periods so it's whatever.
2. Yeah it's terrible if you don't build your PC up above their minimum required specs, you shouldn't try it you'll hate it.
3. Ganking in SC is more similar to Elite than you'd think, more often than not I don't see any other players so 'gankers and trolls' are fairly rare. But in all honesty, I was a ganker in Elite and a bit of a troll in chat too, probably the same case in SC...
4. ESP is an in-game function to assist in aiming and doesn't reveal player location, not sure if you meant something else.

Yeah they all have their own ups n downs, it really just comes down to which one you prefer. Now that I've played all 3 I can't say any one is absolutely better all around, just my opinion though.

They're discontinuing service for Horizons players as well even on PC.

No, they're not discontinuing anything.
The Horizons is still running on both PC and Consoles and it even got a small fix in along with Updated 12 for Odyssey.
And there is no "shutdown" date announced.

Sure, Consoles will not get any new developments, but fixes might still happen if really needed.

They did say that but the process to transfer account data is not functioning yet. I bought Elite on Xbox so I'd have to buy a copy on PC, there isn't an actual free copy of Horizons I've already talked to em about it. They also recommended I buy Odyssey buy still couldn't guarantee that I'd be able to make an account transfer.

I don't understand the last part as I can remove likes by clicking the button again.

the latest information on Console Profile migration (actually it's a copy, not a true migration since you will still have the console account active post migration) is in the link below.
If you opt for, you will get a free copy of Horizons on PC along with the console profile copy.
Obviously, they will not gift you a copy of Odyssey, you'll have to buy it on PC if you want it, but at least you'll have on PC a copy of your console commander and you can pick up from there if you want to buy and enjoy Odyssey.

No I heard it and I have subscribed to the email alerts about it but it doesn't look promising imo. They keep suggesting I start a new account on PC and merge the progress later when possible.

Free copy of Horizons, full transfer of all progress, all assets including money and ships, the only thing not coming across is Fleet Carriers, which you can sell and recoup the money for before transferring, not sure how that "doesn't look promising", it appears to be everything the player base asked for except Fleet Carrier transfer.

No, they're not discontinuing anything.
The Horizons is still running on both PC and Consoles and it even got a small fix in along with Updated 12 for Odyssey.
And there is no "shutdown" date announced.

Sure, Consoles will not get any new developments, but fixes might still happen if really needed.

the latest information on Console Profile migration (actually it's a copy, not a true migration since you will still have the console account active post migration) is in the link below.
If you opt for, you will get a free copy of Horizons on PC along with the console profile copy.
Obviously, they will not gift you a copy of Odyssey, you'll have to buy it on PC if you want it, but at least you'll have on PC a copy of your console commander and you can pick up from there if you want to buy and enjoy Odyssey.

I thought Horizons isn't getting any new developments either just bug fixes, even on PC.
Thanks, I'll probably just buy Odyssey if it's on sale before Sept. and then merge the two accounts lol.

You say I'm ignorant but are you really saying that the base game doesn't get updated for most games? That's just wild lol. There are usually bug fixes and QOL updates for a lot of games in several genres. If you check the patch notes FDev puts out for Elite, they have a section where they list the updates performed for Horizons specifically, just an example that the old game and DLC is still being updated for now.

Bug fixes and stuff don't qualify as updating the base and Horizons games, and it's been known all along the new planetary tech will be applied to Horizons, those aren't DLC's, you aren't paying anything for them, and they don't qualify as any sort of major update, you are talking in circles and shifting the goalposts, this is getting more and more like just plain trolling.

Free copy of Horizons, full transfer of all progress, all assets including money and ships, the only thing not coming across is Fleet Carriers, which you can sell and recoup the money for before transferring, not sure how that "doesn't look promising", it appears to be everything the player base asked for except Fleet Carrier transfer.
The timeline for it doesn't look promising to me. A friend did it and when I tried the function was already 'not working' this was back in April or May I think. The first time I spoke with support they said it should be back up anytime, then they didn't have an ETA and now it says September.

Last edited:
Bug fixes and stuff don't qualify as updating the base and Horizons games, and it's been known all along the new planetary tech will be applied to Horizons, those aren't DLC's, you aren't paying anything for them, and they don't qualify as any sort of major update, you are talking in circles and shifting the goalposts, this is getting more and more like just plain trolling.
Not trolling at all, an update is not the same as a DLC or expansion. It's not common practice that updates must be paid for, apps update, software updates, things update all the time, patch and update have been used interchangeably for a long time now. Idk why you're so upset and using lexicon to shift the topic now.

I thought Horizons isn't getting any new developments either just bug fixes, even on PC.
Thanks, I'll probably just buy Odyssey if it's on sale before Sept. and then merge the two accounts lol.

The reason H on consoles is being dropped from development is because the last gen consoles obviously can't handle the ugraded planetary tech, so that will remain with the old tech, and they aren't going to run two development paths for ED, one on console and one on PC. It's always been know that H is getting the new planetary tech on PC, it will be just like Odyssey with the Odyssey menu's and non-atmospheric landables with upgraded planetary tech, you seem to have missed a lot somewhere. Players on H will be just like players on the old base game before they were merged, they won't be able to interact with Odyssey only content, but content added that isn't odyssey only, like new space stations and areas opened up like will of course be available for Horizons players to interact with, but there will never be content produced specifically for Horizons, and the expansion of atmospheric worlds content and stuff on them will be Odyssey only.

I did, I've missed a lot. I stopped playing about 2 years ago but you seem to have a bit of interest in this thread and a lot of knowledge so maybe you'd like to fill me in?

Nope, you've blown any consideration there, there's courtesy, and there's downright rude, I have been courteous, you have been rude, find someone else to help!

Nothing to do with us disagreeing, I will always request people to discontinue using that sort of address unless we are indeed friends. which is why I said I would ignore it originally but you have persisted, and therefore I have to reiterate, please don't do it, and shortened forms of swear words are not acceptible on the forums. Doom threads, gotta love em!
Not a doom thread as I have no interest in raising concern over the state of the game or it's development. I simply want to know if FDev made any official statement about Raxxla or if the mystery had been solved indefinitely.

Nope, you've blown any consideration there, there's courtesy, and there's downright rude, I have been courteous, you have been rude, find someone else to help!
But I need you Varonica!! No one's paid this much attention to me in a long time, let alone a female with an interest in space games! PLEASE VARONICA! Don't leave me with so many unanswered questions!

72884c7f98149bd422e488510277f2b0b9-20-dumpster-fire.rsquare.w700.gif

There's really no reason they can't, fdev just didn't seem to think solving Odyssey's performance predicament was worth the manpower. As a reminder, the xbox 360 even ran GTA V. I'm pretty confident The One could be talked into rendering some barren terrain.
Even if the old gens can't run it I thought the Series X and PS 5 would be able to run it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom