ANNOUNCEMENT Odyssey Update 2021

Still didn't fix the 'reflexe' that makes IMPOSSIBLE to see the courier radar
View attachment 239585
Are you in any form surprised about the non fix....? I'm not !!! Well, I shall put it this way... Arthur our Head CM contradicts everything D.B. was saying in the past, Dev is not doing their job and we, the Customers get shafted from behind. Honestly, every time I see one of our CM's on Twitch, I expect nothing but a mountain of rubbish. In other words, FDev is treating us like "Mushrooms" : Covered in crap and kept in the dark. Nothing what we write or say on this Forum makes the slightest difference to FDev. It starts to become amusing how Arthur and Zac are simply IGNORING the Customer Base. BTW, I applied for a Job as CM with FDev, needles to say I didn't get the job, as I'm not able to lie though my teeth to the rest of us here. I have lost all faith and trust, not only in our CM's but also in FDev as a whole. Elite Dangerous used to be the Number one game.... now, I have stopped playing because, the crap they did with Odyssey affects Horizons as well. And yes,......you can be certain: FDev doesn't give a toss about it.

There is no software that is fault free, good software is only good because no-one has found the problems yet. I don't know what your own industry is, but it's a lot easier building a wall to engineering specs than writing perfect software, and you know what? A lot of walls still fall over!
That's a silly straw man. Nobody demanded Odyssey to be 100% bug free, but surely there's more than two options here.

You're basically saying the state of any software doesn't matter at all, since creating a 100% error free version isn't possible anyway.

What the?

Screenshot_0228.jpg

There is no software that is fault free,
True.
good software is only good because no-one has found the problems yet
Wrong way round. People don't find the faults because it's good software- good software has seen most use-cases considered during design and has been extensively tested (with the revealed flaws fixed). Only very rarely happened-upon faults slip through. If a lot of users run into problems quickly with a piece of software it's because it's badly made.

Yet another confirmation this is a complete code rewrite aka getting rid of the spaghetti code.
Yeah... about that... :rolleyes:
Considering that not only there are (understandably) new bugs, but also a lot of the OLD ED+EDH bugs, I'm really not convinced that EDO is a 'complete' rewrite...

Odyssey Update 3.01 - very strange update:​

Planet surface texture error
Logo bug on left shoulder Maverick

Of course, I'm sorry, but the impression is that Odyssey is kept on crutches.

Yet another confirmation this is a complete code rewrite aka getting rid of the spaghetti code.

You are dreaming. It is so obvious that Oddity was built-on (badly) to an old branch of EDH - just look at the old EDH bugs that are back in Oddity - the offset station holo is the most obvious example (fixed yonks ago in EDH). It is painfully obvious that a FPS game was written and then hammered onto an incompatible code and the resultant mess is disgraceful. They should have been honest and released their FPS game as a separate entity; address the bugs in Horizons; admit their "ten year plan" is defunct, and give partial refunds to all the LEP owners.

You are dreaming. It is so obvious that Oddity was built-on (badly) to an old branch of EDH - just look at the old EDH bugs that are back in Oddity - the offset station holo is the most obvious example (fixed yonks ago in EDH). It is painfully obvious that a FPS game was written and then hammered onto an incompatible code and the resultant mess is disgraceful. They should have been honest and released their FPS game as a separate entity; address the bugs in Horizons; admit their "ten year plan" is defunct, and give partial refunds to all the LEP owners.
So you agree with me is what you are saying. That EDO is built on ED 1.0 and all the spaghetti code that came after was tossed in the bin/trash.
Hence why bugs fixed "yonks" ago have reappeared.
If it was bolted on to EDH like you said these bug wouldnt be here. Likewise they wouldnt have had to redo most of the game.
Why would they need to redo the animation when jumping systems?
Why would they need to redo shield effects?
Its not like they didnt have enough on their plate trying to sort spacelegs, why would they redo most of the game?
Becauses its a full code rewrite based on 1.0 code as thats the only version DavidB can debug.

So you agree with me is what you are saying. That EDO is built on ED 1.0 and all the spaghetti code that came after was tossed in the bin/trash.

I can assure you that the offset station holo was a lot more recent than 1.0 (1.2 was realeased in early 2015) Horizons (2.0) was released in Nov 2015. So you can keep on dreaming and wishing but you are sadly mistaken. With every release the content had been developed on a preceding build of the game, not the build that was current of course, so your "de-spaghettification" thoughts are just wishful thinking.

Top Bottom