Oh my god I've created an Elite:Dangerous Wiki. (for player faction)

I have created an Elite: Dangerous player faction Wiki and I may have jumped of the deep end.

But in anycase, here it is:

The purpose of this wiki is to provide an easy to read and access point for all player faction information. Going along the theme that a lot of things in Elite are hidden, I've specifically for player minor factions who want to showcase about what their faction is about, how many systems they control, which stations they've managed but most importantly what they're about.

Why do I care?

Beyond a name or a government type, we know next to nothing about these player minor factions and who run them. This will be a way for them to showcase who they are, How to contact them, (I know you powerplay folks would love that) and what's their lore and story.

Who can add their Player Minor Faction?
Anyone can! Requirements have been updated as of 01/01/2018. There are 2 requirements:

• You must own or has owned at least 3 systems, or be situated in Colonia or Quince or any other remote region that makes it unique (such as Pleiades and California Nebula)
  • If your faction is an official faction, add a reference on your minor faction page from the player faction thread that says that your faction has been added to the game.

Why can't I just add a page to the Elite:Dangerous Wikia?
Elite Dangerous Wikia has some very strict rules on which factions can be allowed on the wiki. That being you must have a GalNet article or some official mention by Frontier to be allowed. I think these restrictions are too restrictive and not useful for the community at large so I made one that did what I wanted to see.

Why isn't Inara.cz or Eddb.io enough?
Inara.cz for factions is meant to be an operations and organzations system. you get missions, and discussions with your factions. most information is private except a short description.
eddb.io has information on systems, planets, minor faction influence and stats, but there's nothing about the spirit of the faction. It doesn't answer the question, What is this faction about? What have they done? What's their reputation like?

A wiki format allows us to collectively archive our lore. our triumphs and failure. Our conflicts and alliances. It allows us to showcase what it is that makes our factions great. Not just the many systems we control but the culture we encourage.

How do I start?

This should make it easier to make new pages so here are new instruction.
  1. In the top right, click the new page button.
  2. Enter the name of your faction or system.
  3. When the editor loads, click the drop down menu next to cancel and select source editor.
  4. type {{subst:PlayerGroup}}
  5. Publish the page
  6. edit the page again and start filling in the data.
SKICkzN.png

I need help making a template for this to make it easier. sigh~ (any takers?)

Anyways, That's where you come in!

If you have a player faction that meets the criteria, you can start adding your faction today!

See you there! :)
Updates
Added new top bar navigation
Added system, playergroup and station template
Added a bunch of areas for folks to add information on the BGS. http://elite-factions.wikia.com/wiki...und_Simulation

Requirements have been updated as of 06/12/2017. There are 2 requirements:

• Owns or has owned at least 3 systems, or be situated in Colonia or Quince.
  • If your faction is an official faction, add a reference on your minor faction page from the player faction thread that says that your faction has been added to the game.

Last edited:
Cheers! ^^

What do you mean? Which groups did you have in mind?

OSIRIS.

It is a scientific group born around one year ago. We had a special place on the creation of the french part of the coordination during the 29th of april 3303, this is this group that created the Deus Ex Machina Initiative, Operation Burn Elites, and was the lead scientific of the search of the INRA bases by finding the first one, organized the others with Wing Atlantis until Canonn was involved.

It is not a faction formaly speaking, as we don't own any system. But we've done some significant things.

Here is our history https://drive.google.com/file/d/15CMKbRdZh8fkj7zue08R6lhXs8aU1Lbz/view?usp=sharing

This group is also behind a big part of the articles written on The Onionhead.

The way we done our things was secret so we never have a change to be quoted by Galnet or Frontier. So it is impossible for us to be on the "Elite wikia".

Last edited:
Good stuff Olivia as always.

Sadly I can't put the Foundation in as we are only in Quince without any place to expand to but we have been to war far more than most PMF's. A great idea though!

Good stuff Olivia as always.

Sadly I can't put the Foundation in as we are only in Quince without any place to expand to but we have been to war far more than most PMF's. A great idea though!

This is interesting. I need to consider this. I didn't realise that there were any other factions that had unique situations like those that occur in Colonia. Give me a day to think about it. Maybe share your thoughts on a better criteria.

Are there any other factions that would fail this criteria but you folks believe deserve special mention?

OSIRIS.

It is a scientific group born around one year ago. We had a special place on the creation of the french part of the coordination during the 29th of april 3303, this is this group that created the Deus Ex Machina Initiative, Operation Burn Elites, and was the lead scientific of the search of the INRA bases by finding the first one, organized the others until Canonn was involved.

It is not a faction formaly speaking, as we don't own any system. But we've done some significant things.

Here is our history https://drive.google.com/file/d/15CMKbRdZh8fkj7zue08R6lhXs8aU1Lbz/view?usp=sharing

This group is also behind a big part of the articles written on The Onionhead.

The way we done our things was secret so we never have a change to be quoted by Galnet or Frontier. So it is impossible for us to be on the "Elite wikia".

Hmm... I need to think about this. I think this is a good group to talk about as well but I need to have a good... strong criteria that only allows active groups to add their faction.

I don't think I can rightly add OSIRIS in at this time, but I do want to discuss a better criteria. If you have any suggestions or ideas, I'm all ears.

While i have your attention:

I have another thread that could use some love: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/392819-Introducing-CCN-s-open-ship-registrar?p=6177900

If you need, I can suggest the good criteria that could open this wiki to particular groups.

A group can be on this wiki if this group could be considered as a faction but doesn't own a system by design.

In the case of OSIRIS, if we didn't want to stay secret as we was, we probably own a system.

I should imagine I am in a fairly unique place as I've not heard of any other PMF's that are in a non-expandable position. Also there is onlu myself as a member so It's not really worth spend much brain power on plus I can live without being on the wiki - However I would of written up a synopsis of what the factions aims are and reasons for being out on the fringe. :)

Still a marvellous initiative. :)

If you need, I can suggest the good criteria that could open this wiki to particular groups.

A group can be on this wiki if this group could be considered as a faction but doesn't own a system by design.

In the case of OSIRIS, if we didn't want to stay secret as we was, we probably own a system.
There are groups that support several factions over many systems (we would fall into your 'mega' category). Such groups are often formed through common idealism. I can imagine that there are also groups which support several factions in addition to developing their own.

Social life in the galaxy isn't always so simple.

There are groups that support several factions over many systems (we would fall into your 'mega' category). Such groups are often formed through common idealism. I can imagine that there are also groups which support several factions in addition to developing their own.

Your faction , Dukes of Mikunn alone is one of the top 10 largest faction in game. Alliances are an interesting idea. I guess one could add a subheader for that and a page describing what alliances are. Maybe an extra field in the infobox would be in order.

What do you think?

Will you and company be adding your faction to this?

What can you tell me about your complexity? (can i meet folks to inquire and ask and answer questions?)

I should imagine I am in a fairly unique place as I've not heard of any other PMF's that are in a non-expandable position. Also there is onlu myself as a member so It's not really worth spend much brain power on plus I can live without being on the wiki - However I would of written up a synopsis of what the factions aims are and reasons for being out on the fringe. :)

Still a marvellous initiative. :)

I think I'd allow it given how unique this is. The main reason I chose at least 3 is to ensure that these factions are active. (or have unique situations that bear mention).

Give me a day to think about it before adding stuff, but It's something I'd like to see.

Last edited:

I just tried to responding to Olivia regarding the fact that this wiki was designed first for minor factions.

I totaly agree with you by the way.
Maybe the way Olivia could walk would be to openning this wiki also to all the groups. There is a lot of groups that are very active in many way and many manners so it would be sad if they didn't have their place on this wiki, or forced to create a groups dedicated wiki too. IMHO, it'd not making sense at all, after all, player minor factions and groups have some importances, some differences too, but I don't know why they should be separated on a media that have the goal to be the drop point to every one who wanted to know what players factions or groups exist on Elite, or being on different medias.

Anyway, I renew my bravos to this initiative Olivia. Good one, once again ;)

Last edited:
We run 11 factions over 32 systems, but we're not Dukes of Mikunn.

I would have thought - without intending any criticism of Olivia, who deserves credit for even contemplating such a potentially enormous project - that there is already a great deal of coverage of PMFs through IDDB and Inara.

Last edited:
We run 11 factions over 32 systems, but we're not Dukes of Mikunn.

... If you're not the Dukes of Mikuun? Who is?... Perhaps more to the point... who do you represent? Wait the mercs?

Edit2: Ahh I'm sorry I got you confused with Walt Kerman D: sorry about that. What is your group called?

Edit on edit:
without intending any criticism of Olivia, who deserves credit for even contemplating such a potentially enormous project - that there is already a great deal of coverage of PMFs through IDDB and Inara

So that's a really good question and I approve of this because it's one I had to ask because starting this. There's so much information (read:lore) about PMFs and the systems and stations that they control that isn't shown or isn't easily shown on those websites.

For instance, what is the lore surrounding this particular system or faction. What's special about this faction and what's the significance of having gotten control of this system for this group.

Who's been having conflicts with who and what were the reasons and how long did it last for? (avoiding the drama and name pointing as best we can)

For a real example.

Recently, the Order of Enblackenment learnt that their home system had a rare commodity. We've been a faction for over a year, and only last month or two did we learn about this fact. It adds to our mythos that we'd want to tell folks about it but there's not an easy way to tell folks about it that eddb.io or inara does easily... because it's not meant to be an archive.

eddb.io is a trading and BGS info site.
inara.cz is an operations site for PMFs.

The Wiki format allows us all to tell those grounded histories that these other sites fail to do.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see medicorp in the game! I have heard about them. :) Would love to contact them. Is there a shared space for all of them or should I go to each one directly?

Much appreciate!
First of all MediCorp is a gameplay, a "job" all players can use it (free and open). We propose rules, a charter, specific ships, etc. everybody can use them ingame, anywhere. I hope that there are lots of medicorp in Elite ;)

To contact us: the website (french & english), our discord (french BUT with a english chan), edboard, inara, and soon ingame ;) anyway, you can contact me ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom