Open - NoN PvP option

Yes, open is the most popular mode because it is the one that everyone has access to. What's the downside to giving players more ways to play the game?

No that's not true at all.
On console you need a subscription for open and PG, but not for solo.
Solo is available to everyone.
Open costs me much more than the game itself!

You are asking for accommodation.
That by definition requires sacrifices.

What exactly are you sacrificing in this particular situation? Honestly curious, I asked one of my hardcore gaming friends and he brought up the BGS. Fine, restrict BGS influence to only open play.

I simply enjoy knowing that anyone can attack me at any time.
You will see that pretty often if you pay attention, even from people who have no interest in PVP.

The OPs suggestion would ruin that experience entirely.

But again, the status quo needs no justification for its existence.

You will see that pretty often if you pay attention, even from people who have no interest in PVP.

So play in the existing PvP mode and your experiance is the same. Done.

It is simply an oxymoron.
I'm not against it per se, it's just that the status quo doesn't bear any burden of proof for existence.

It would no longer be "open."
You are making assumptions.

I always took "open" to me, free to do anything you please, no limits etc? If your seriously calling me out on a naming issue of this thread, please be my guest and come up with a better title.

I'm not.
Maybe you should read my words instead of trying to misrepresent them.
I don't care about Mobius.
I believe I've answered that above, the only reason I asked for it to be a Mobious thread is after you brought it up again, and you've now done a third time.

Here's a radical idea...

Just let open be open and drop the "I want a safe space" crap?

There is PG and SOlo mode if you don't want to PvP.

Sometimes I don't want to PvP.. I either use Solo, or alternatively.. Just wake.

If you've done a measure of engineering no gank squad is going to have the time to kill you before you submit and wake. Not even in an eagle.
Ah the first person to completely not read what I've said and put their own agenda first! Excellent.

I don't want to play Solo, I want to play with other people. Sure private groups work to a limit but you have to KNOW the group or KNOW the people, you can't just meet people randomly in space via these messages.
The High Wake argument is become less and less viable given wings and people having a mix of fast attack and heavy hitters. And frankly this method is only viable to experienced players, if your just starting and the PvP isnt why your in the game this is going to put you off open. The engineering argument also requires you to have Horizons, therefore not making it "Open" to all. (other than you can receive the power creep extra damage from said engineers).

Again I know I'm not alone on this, if you search PvP or ganking or griefing there are MANY MANY threads and pretty much all of the arguments i've heard for only having a single multiplayer open option comes from the people who enjoy PvP.

So play in the existing PvP mode and your experiance is the same. Done.

The existing mode is OPEN, LOL...

What fantasy world are you living in?
I play in open every day.

You need to argue for change, and it's a losing argument.

I always took "open" to me, free to do anything you please, no limits etc? If your seriously calling me out on a naming issue of this thread, please be my guest and come up with a better title.

I believe I've answered that above, the only reason I asked for it to be a Mobious thread is after you brought it up again, and you've now done a third time.

You are being dishonest.

Mobius has nothing to do with my points.

You are asking for more restrictions, ie "not open".

It will never happen anyhow...

You are being dishonest.

Mobius has nothing to do with my points.

You are asking for more restrictions, ie "not open".

It will never happen anyhow...
I'm not sure how telling you how I enjoy the game and giving the reasons I no longer play in Open play amongst many other friends is being dishonest.
Thanks, great feedback and useful inputs.
Good luck!

LOL
How have you so much rep when all you've done is come in here and for want of a better expression, behaved like a troll?

Also as for "proving something before its come to light" with zero experimentation or trials how are we expected to see anything but "open is the most popular". Also honestly where is this data from?

Last edited:
I'm not sure how telling you how I enjoy the game and giving the reasons I no longer play in Open play amongst many other friends is being dishonest.
Thanks, great feedback and useful inputs.

I can parse it out if you like, but you are still being dishonest right there.
I never said that is why you are being dishonest.

How have you so much rep when all you've done is come in here and for want of a better expression, behaved like a troll?

I am not trolling.
I am explaining burden of proof, cultural assimilation vs accommodation, and clearing up a few other things.

I disagree with you and you haven't made a case.
Status quo wins.

Didn't you know, trolls love getting everyone playing in open so they can gank people.

I would rather you to stay in solo and PG, ftr.

Open is already the most popular mode.
We don't need you.
That's been my point since the beginning.

See how you are also being dishonest?

I would rather you to stay in solo and PG, ftr.

Open is already the most popular mode.
We don't need you.
That's been my point since the beginning.

See how you are also being dishonest?
I'm not sure I understand of your definition or use of that word? Are you just trying to discredit this as a legitmate suggestion to the game? I mean honestly we're massive escaping the actual idea/suggestion and basicly its becoming an argument, a strawmans one at that. You speak as if you represent everyone but also seem to have a problem with the idea that I could represent a section of players that disagrees with your POV.

But again, the status quo needs no justification for its existence.
How does my suggestion ruin open for you? I'm not suggesting removing PvP or even open as it is. I'm asking for another option a PvE mode, a multiplayer PvE mode thats not just some random groups I might happen upon.

I'm not sure I understand of your definition or use of that word? Are you just trying to discredit this as a legitmate suggestion to the game? I mean honestly we're massive escaping the actual idea/suggestion and basicly its becoming an argument, a strawmans one at that. You speak as if you represent everyone but also seem to have a problem with the idea that I could represent a section of players that disagrees with your POV.

How does my suggestion ruin open for you? I'm not suggesting removing PvP or even open as it is. I'm asking for another option a PvE mode, a multiplayer PvE mode thats not just some random groups I might happen upon.

Honestly I'd just ignore him. The community for elite is one of the most toxic I've ever seen in gaming.

Never happen. Open they say has more players, it's still dwarfed by solo and pg together.
All your idea would accomplish is open players dropping into an instance with 31 non pvp peeps and one open pvp player.
Better think about what you ask for.

Honestly I'd just ignore him. The community for elite is one of the most toxic I've ever seen in gaming.

Hmmm every community has toxicity, I don't THINK thats the intention here though. However the community does seem incredibly divided over PvP/PvE/Open which is why I brought up the suggestion. Allowing people a choice of multplayer options might even change this, though thats a huge assumption based on nothing.

Never happen. Open they say has more players, it's still dwarfed by solo and pg together.
All your idea would accomplish is open players dropping into an instance with 31 non pvp peeps and one open pvp player.
Better think about what you ask for.

Ah so in your example there are 31 out of 32 players who'd rather a non PvE game? Interestingly I think that would mean it would work, it just wouldn't work in the favour of PvP. Which is what most of the PVP/PVE/Open threads appear to boil down to.

Then it would be a case of improving PvP to make people WANT to be involved in PvP or have some kind of risk reward incentive.

Ah so in your example there are 31 out of 32 players who'd rather a non PvE game? Interestingly I think that would mean it would work, it just wouldn't work in the favour of PvP. Which is what most of the PVP/PVE/Open threads appear to boil down to.

Then it would be a case of improving PvP to make people WANT to be involved in PvP or have some kind of risk reward incentive.

risk:reward is another thing entirely that needs improving, regardless of PvP or PvE

Open is open season not structured pvp. Which I and many don't want to be involved in. Either or.
Pve only open starting to sound good tho. That would join pg and solo into one mode.
I bet you would vote for that.
That would leave solo to a minor few, those hard core solo players and peeps wanting hi def pictures

Last edited:
Top Bottom