Possible Raxxla Lead : Milky Way Hexagon

tenor.gif

24,142 posts in the "Quest for Raxxla" thread, mainly from people who are or were actively searching for it.

Your great revelation may get more traction there. Speculate all you want, but Raxxla is in Polaris. I'm 100% sold on that one.

Ok, say we go along with your theory that the emblem is the key. I would have thought you'd have to "activate" the six black boxes by going to six different locations around the Milky Way and then head to Sag A to get teleported to another galaxy.

Yeah, nah... for now I think I'll stick with Erei's definition of Raxxla:
Raxxla is inside each of us, it's the friends we made along the way.

Here. Let an old wanderer help you.

This is the most likely explanation.

If Raxxla existed, it would have been data mined long ago IMO.

It's a game, not RL, everything need to exist in a file otherwise it would be an empty system like any other. So, maybe Raxxla is an empty system like any other ?

Sorry to break the 4th wall.
Once you find Raxla, they delete your account, ban you on the forums, and send a his squad to kill your dog as a warning not to tell others.
What do they do to the dog ?
john-wick-chapter-2---4.jpg

Say it again.

It's a game, not RL, everything need to exist in a file otherwise it would be an empty system like any other.
Yes, but the file doesn't need to be on the game client where it can be data-mined.

They've added hundreds of POIs to the game during server reboots before, and the game client just asks the server "anything interesting in this system?" and adds a "one of those" when you go there, no need for a client update. That capability was in the game since the beginning (though the range of things it can cover has been expanded since).

I do agree that this means that, whatever Raxxla is, it must use models which are already in the game - but that's not a massive limitation, and depending on what it is may not be any limitation at all.

Yes, but the file doesn't need to be on the game client where it can be data-mined.

They've added hundreds of POIs to the game during server reboots before, and the game client just asks the server "anything interesting in this system?" and adds a "one of those" when you go there, no need for a client update. That capability was in the game since the beginning (though the range of things it can cover has been expanded since).

I do agree that this means that, whatever Raxxla is, it must use models which are already in the game - but that's not a massive limitation, and depending on what it is may not be any limitation at all.
But that would mean that whoever find it, will find a very normal system using the same stations than anywhere else. And would probably leave without second thoughts. Even if they add the assets after a reset, the player will likely be too far away already.

I don't think it can even use Raxxla in the name and anything, because I'm certain people already looked for that kind of keyword in the files. So you'd warp in a random system, with a random coriolis or whatever station, with a random name. While weird to find one so far out (as it would likely be), it's not obvious it's Raxxla.

I think they wanted to have a urban space legend in game, and they have it. Everything else kept it going.

Either that, or Raxxla is essentially trolling, and it's a Dev place. Like the Jove systems in eve (if it's still there, it's been years since I played). Or in pretty much every MMO where they have places you can only access through teleportation power, for the GM/Devs to "park" their characters in between work/ticket answer.
Basically, it exist, it's unique, there are people there, but nobody but the dev can access it.

But that would mean that whoever find it, will find a very normal system using the same stations than anywhere else. And would probably leave without second thoughts. Even if they add the assets after a reset, the player will likely be too far away already.
We've been told Raxxla is a gateway.

So a signal source entitled "Anomalous Energy Reading" containing the Toast Rack subcomponent of the Coriolis model with a "Raxxla" text decal on the side could be a 1.0 implementation of Raxxla and yet entirely undetectable by data-mining because all the client-side components have a reason to exist in-game for more obvious purposes, and all the server-side components are inaccessible to them.

I agree, it wouldn't be the most visually exciting discovery. But I'm not sure anyone should seriously expect it to look good if we ever find it.

I don't think it can even use Raxxla in the name and anything, because I'm certain people already looked for that kind of keyword in the files. So you'd warp in a random system, with a random coriolis or whatever station, with a random name. While weird to find one so far out (as it would likely be), it's not obvious it's Raxxla.
Asset names don't have to be stored client side (megaship names aren't, for example). You can data-mine the client all you like and you won't find "UVM-617" in it (or if you do, it's coincidence), and yet that megaship exists and can be visited.

The Zurara was in-game for years and no-one data-mined that successfully, despite there being much more serious attempts to find it than there have been for Raxxla (and enough clues to its location that a data-miner could have just claimed to have stumbled across it while wandering around the Rift and no-one would have been any the wiser). They even managed to upgrade the model in the meantime, and still no-one data-mined it out when the new model was added to the client.

New species of space life were discovered a couple of years after Beyond released, and the data-miners hadn't previously found the models or names for them.

Frankly, most of this "data mining" [1] is "scanning the executable for recognisable strings", which is trivially obfuscatable. You'd have a hard time detecting half the things already in game that way because of Frontier's interesting naming conventions. No-one is going to the lengths of reverse-engineering and disassembling the whole thing - the entire Stellar Forge is client-side and theoretically analysable, but the "data miners" haven't figured out how to locate ELWs without visiting systems yet - even if that would work in this case.

[1] Of the sort that brings up a "The Panther Clipper is coming" thread every single major release for the last several years.

Basically, it exist, it's unique, there are people there, but nobody but the dev can access it.
I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Raxxla was inside a permit-locked system or region, no. Leaving it where someone could accidentally stumble across it would be a massive gamble with no real upside.

Top Bottom