Pulse Wave scanner issues after update 12

Hence deep core out in the black.

Flawless
Jus saying!
But l do see the what would be roids that are missing cos of the glow on roids around it. So I'll try the relog.
Once I'm out there again.

But yeah defo an annoying bug in the bubble.
Needs addressing!!

well no, because the PWA has no issue detecting these asteroids and even detects the reflections from where they should be. The game just isn't loading them in.
The PWA is not real, it shows only what the game engine loaded before, it is not "detecting" anything, it only shows the preloaded data about the asteroids with features. As you move, the game preload the neighbor asteroids and if the preloaded data of the PWA is garbage or missing, then the PWA will show garbage or nothing. So, okay, after a dozen years of game development, I bet the PWA and the asteroid "spawning" is based on the same dataset, but it doesn't really matter...

The PWA is not real, it shows only what the game engine loaded before, it is not "detecting" anything, it only shows the preloaded data about the asteroids with features. As you move, the game preload the neighbor asteroids and if the preloaded data of the PWA is garbage or missing, then the PWA will show garbage or nothing. So, okay, after a dozen years of game development, I bet the PWA and the asteroid "spawning" is based on the same dataset, but it doesn't really matter...
This is not correct. The asteroids with surface and sub-surface deposits are there. You can find randomly some by luck. The PWA is not highlighting them... but they are in the game. Probe some asteroids and check the contact panel. The deposits are not marked with the common blue icon, so you can only see them in the contact panel.

This is not correct. The asteroids with surface and sub-surface deposits are there. You can find randomly some by luck. The PWA is not highlighting them... but they are in the game. Probe some asteroids and check the contact panel. The deposits are not marked with the common blue icon, so you can only see them in the contact panel.
But this isn't true either as there are distinctly fewer asteroids before re-loging than there are after. And the new ones all have deposits.

But this isn't true either as there are distinctly fewer asteroids before re-loging than there are after. And the new ones all have deposits.
Re-loging only prevents the issue for a 20 km radius. When you leave it, it is back. And re-logging is not an option when you are in the bubble. The only feasable workaround is mining in Horizons, that is annoying when you are a ody player.

Re-loging only prevents the issue for a 20 km radius. When you leave it, it is back. And re-logging is not an option when you are in the bubble. The only feasable workaround is mining in Horizons, that is annoying when you are a ody player.
I'm not saying it's a viable work around.... I was describing the issue?

This is my experience. The asteroids are there, but the PWA does not highlight them. You bump into them by accident on occasion. So the asteroids are loading; it's just that certain shaders are switched off or missing. I get this issue with entire rings. A reload of the game brings the rings back - sometimes.

This is not correct. The asteroids with surface and sub-surface deposits are there.
I know. I said: "if the preloaded data of the PWA is garbage or missing, then the PWA will show garbage or nothing". Somehow the game engine cannot load (or generate) properly the PWA data.

This asteroid is poor, that's why it wasn't highlighted. Actually all asteroids have some resources inside.
No, it had two surface deposits, this should have been highlighted, even it has only one surface deposit.
They are highlighted only if rich enough.
They are highlighted when the asteroid has surface deposit, sub-surface deposit or core. The asteroid on the video has surface deposit.

Who said?
Before Update 12 all shineys had subsurface or surface deposits of some degree, with some being core.

And anywhere else you might care to look. Why the agro?

No agro, just pointing out that some statements may be not true. His video doesn't prove anything enough. The wiki page was made by community based on their opinion and often is wrong/fake/outdated/etc. Also, there is nothing there to prove that surface deposits always lead for an asteroid to be highlighted.

No agro, just pointing out that some statements may be not true. His video doesn't prove anything enough. The wiki page was made by community based on their opinion and often is wrong/fake/outdated/etc. Also, there is nothing there to prove that surface deposits always lead for an asteroid to be highlighted.
No before 12 any amount of surface/subsurface/deep core would light up. The more there were the brighter but even ones with only 1-4 surface deposits would light up.

They did not release a Fix for it in EDH 4.0 they left it as is in EDO 4.0 again...
It remains good for Core mining after you boost away from your entry point for multi boosting distances...

Still not as good as the old grid system but it stops you depending on the brightness scale of your monitor...
4.0 must be made to Philips light bulb bright scale as its still dark as smeg like the light bulbs in EDH 4.0...

Top Bottom