Pulse Wave scanner issues after update 12

Have pushed this issue to the forum "issues that need attention" thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...ack-of-votes-confirmation.596654/post-9677145
It’s “issues that are in danger of expiring” that is the purpose of that thread - the report you linked has already been confirmed and is at the voting stage, so doesn’t need to be added to the list in the OP 👍

(There’s an error in the thread title - no issue will ever expire due to lack of votes, only from lack of confirmations)

It’s “issues that are in danger of expiring” that is the purpose of that thread - the report you linked has already been confirmed and is at the voting stage, so doesn’t need to be added to the list in the OP 👍

(There’s an error in the thread title - no issue will ever expire due to lack of votes, only from lack of confirmations)
Ah - okay... confusion! Someone earlier in the thread said it wasn't confirmed and needed to be voted up. 🤷‍♂️ Well, can't hurt to make it more known.

@Bruce G @sallymorganmoore

There's been no feedback on this issue that has absolutely destroyed mining in Odyssey. We are dying here!!! Any chance that someone could acknowledge that there is an issue and that someone is looking at it, please? It's been broken since U12 and mining has been utterly pointless and soul-destroying since!

@Bruce G @sallymorganmoore

There's been no feedback on this issue that has absolutely destroyed mining in Odyssey. We are dying here!!! Any chance that someone could acknowledge that there is an issue and that someone is looking at it, please? It's been broken since U12 and mining has been utterly pointless and soul-destroying since!
at least we can still mine in EDH but once 4.0 hits we're screwed

Side bug:
  • DSS the rings in Odyssey
  • found a ring with hotspot(s)
  • logging out from Odyssey
  • logging in to Horizons
  • the last DSS ring scan missing

Just me?

Side bug:
  • DSS the rings in Odyssey
  • found a ring with hotspot(s)
  • logging out from Odyssey
  • logging in to Horizons
  • the last DSS ring scan missing

Just me?
I haven't had this happen. Only time hot spots vanish for me is if I take the dss off my ship.

In another thread (I thought it was this one) someone mentioned re-logging in the belt. I can confirm this does fix it.
It also shows that the PWA isn't bugged. logging out and back in causes more rocks to load in. All the new rocks light up and are surface/subsurface. So the actual bug in EDO is the asteroids failing to load when exiting SC

In another thread (I thought it was this one) someone mentioned re-logging in the belt. I can confirm this does fix it.
Yes, re-logging fixes it on the ~20 km radius, and you need new re-logging on the edge of the previous circle.

It also shows that the PWA isn't bugged. logging out and back in causes more rocks to load in. All the new rocks light up and are surface/subsurface. So the actual bug in EDO is the asteroids failing to load when exiting SC
I think, under some circumstances it does not reload/regenerate the new PWA targets if you are leaving the ~20 km radius area of the initially calculated PWA targets...

So there is an easy workaround to play with no trouble.
Not really... this is still something that should have been fixed
I think, under some circumstances it does not reload/regenerate the new PWA targets if you are leaving the ~20 km radius area of the initially calculated PWA targets...
Aye, but that's still a problem with the asteroids spawning not with the pwa.

So there is an easy workaround to play with no trouble.
Not really - because once you relog, unless you are way out in the black, pirates respawn too - and now you have a load of "tasty cargo" in your hold...
It's a very annoying bug for many miners.

Top Bottom