Python Mk II & Updates To The Gamestore

God damnit, I was waiting for a (rather overdue) cosmetics sale so my saved ARX would go further, not a freaking price hike so they only only go as far as John Howard can throw a cricket ball!

View attachment 390548

🚀 Greetings Commanders!

We've got an update for you on the release of the Python Mk II, as well as changes coming to the gamestore:
https://www.elitedangerous.com/news/python-mk-ii-updates-gamestore

It's one thing to shift the paradigm to making money to support the game through early access of "things". I think most reasonable players will support that. But to increase pricing on something that is intangible and doesn't change the game experience (most ships, you can't see the paint job from inside the ship...), is going to blow up in FDev's faces and poison what goodwill they were generating.

It feels like FDev takes actions the community supports and them FDev immediately and purposely cuts it's own legs off...

Last edited:
The new store pricing is unacceptably high for all age groups. Plus, the timing is atrocious. Could of at least stalled this for two weeks to allow the P2 and other new ship packages sales to accrue.
viewing much bitterness currently. I'm not impressed one bit. My current in game Arx have halved in value.
Can only conclude Frontier have had their arms heavily twisted by a high majority of shareholders.
would imagine meetings are taking place to discuss this debacle.

Flimley

So by "adjusting" the prices you effectively reduced the value of our ARX to ~ one half... that's not cool.

(and those are price increases of already existing cosmetics, not an introduction of pricier new ones - with that I would be OK)
This.

If they had moderately increased the prices on existing items, and given us higher quality but more expensive items going forward, I bet there would be less* negative feedback.

*not none of course :p

I was going to boycott the preaccess only but intended to buy the shipkit instantly, even if I won't have access to the ship before August. Well, any and all purchase plans are on hold now. The MK II looks nice without any cosmetics already.

You can still outfit it for PvE: https://edsy.org/s/vQgL8nW

Though I do agree that the power plant is a bit contrained for the amount of firepower it has. A 7A would fix that, but then again if FDEV did give it a 7A plant or, God forbid, a 7A distro too, this ship would be game breakingly powerful and unbalanced. As it is now, I think it forces folks to be judicious of what they actually put on the ship and doesn't render every other medium ship obsolete for PvP and combat-oriented PvE.
"Can"? Maybe as a technicality, look at your WPN section. That loadout is not remotely sustainable with that distro (to say nothing of your questionable inclusion of a KWS, which is a power hog - on an already power-strapped ship - and has no practical use case).

It's not relevant to the topic at hand either but there's absolutely no reason to dedicate two of the one of the few optional slots the thing does have, to MRPs. Protecting modules doesn't matter if the ship can't outlast the modules, and not even a full hull-tank Anaconda needs more than 2 MRPs.

edit: also the shield boosters can be done better, and plasma slugs ought to be taken off of all the PAs because even even the extra fuel tank won't be nearly enough to keep 6 slug weapons supplied.

Last edited:
"Can"? Maybe as a technicality, look at your WPN section. That loadout is not remotely sustainable with that distro (to say nothing of your questionable inclusion of a KWS, which is a power hog - on an already power-strapped ship - and has no practical use case).

It's not relevant to the topic at hand either but there's absolutely no reason to dedicate two of the one of the few optional slots the thing does have, to MRPs. Protecting modules doesn't matter if the ship can't outlast the modules, and not even a full hull-tank Anaconda needs more than 2 MRPs.
Not everyone will understand me, but having combat slots on a ship characterizes the ship as military.

Not everyone will understand me, but having combat slots on a ship characterizes the ship as military.
Are you referring to how all ships in the game have weapon hardpoints, or the 'military slots'? If it is the latter, there are a few ships (mostly large pad) that do have those slots but can fulfill well roles that aren't military.

Are you referring to how all ships in the game have weapon hardpoints, or the 'military slots'? If it is the latter, there are a few ships (mostly large pad) that do have those slots but can fulfill well roles that aren't military.
It's the difficulty of translation.
I wrote, if a ship has military slots, it's military ship.

I wrote, if a ship has military slots, it's designed as a military ship.
I can help a little with the translation aspect... (or structure, more accurately)
When discussing some topics, it is convenient to word them as simply as possible, for better understanding...

(and, when your native speech may not include the minor details that some English speakers demand, they may be over enthusiastic in criticising your comments)

I wrote, if a ship has military slots, it's military ship.
That's not inherently true, though.

Aside from what I already mentioned (applies to the Cutter, Anaconda, probably a couple others I'm forgetting) - there are several combat-focused ships that have no military slots; FDL, Mamba, Krait Mk. II being the most poignant examples.

I can help a little with the translation aspect... (or structure, more accurately)
When discussing some topics, it is convenient to word them as simply as possible, for better understanding...

(and, when your native speech may not include the minor details that some English speakers demand, they may be over enthusiastic in criticising your comments)
Asking for clarification of intent in a statement is not "over enthusiastic criticism".

There were multiple potential meanings - the thought that "all ships in Elite are military ships, by nature of having combat slots (e.g. hardpoints)", or the latter discussion about the "military slots" ingame, which are not at all consistent with whether a ship is or is not a "military ship", for the aforementioned reasons.

Nothing about this has to do with belitting someone, so don't make it so.

Top Bottom