Python Mk II & Updates To The Gamestore

Well, the combat ships with no military slots are civilian combat ships. All ships that do have military slots are in some way connected to the Imperial, Federal and Alliance navies.
Not a bad idea, but there are numerous exceptions to this: Anaconda, Vulture, Viper III & IV, and the Eagle all have military slots. (I think the Type-10 is 'Alliance-affiliated'?)

Not a bad idea, but there are numerous exceptions to this: Anaconda, Vulture, Viper III & IV, and the Eagle all have military slots. (I think the Type-10 is 'Alliance-affiliated'?)
Anaconda is an oddball, in more than just this aspect. Eagle however was Fed navy, and Imp Eagle has the Imperial already in the name. Vulture is a Core Dynamics ship, which is the Fed navy manufacturer. Finally the Vipers were originally police ships.

Again, I repeat, nothing about this was owing to an error in translation from another language.
Izayn me for translating, but I never get angry at interlocutors.
I am a technical person and I am interested in the technical side.

So as far as Mamba is concerned, the FDL is a warship, not a military ship.
Let me explain.
For example, there are many weapons, a hunting rifle or some exclusive custom-made pistol.
These weapons are not in the service of the military.

There are exclusive powerful racing cars but they don't participate in sports races.

I hope I've made myself clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t the Titan attack Arx rewards go straight into your account like the Christmas ones do and so not affect the cap? In which case that could be the mechanism.
I'm in deep Void. Hardly getting weekly limit once per month. If I fly somewhere away from the carrier and don't sell data this week then I don't get that 400 limit.
And I went to the Void ... because 2 updates when Titan came I could not fight thargs, game was timeouting disconnect just.
So they should concentrate on code 1st :/

I'm in deep Void. Hardly getting weekly limit once per month. If I fly somewhere away from the carrier and don't sell data this week then I don't get that 400 limit.
And I went to the Void ... because 2 updates when Titan came I could not fight thargs, game was timeouting disconnect just.
So they should concentrate on code 1st :/

I used to get to the weekly limit every week by just mapping earth like and water worlds etc and just jumping from system to system, that was well before the new bio payout came out, but that does of course require a certain amount of time to do, I can see a more leisurely exploration rate wouldn't necessarily get 400 ARX, but still, it is a free bonus so if I am away and don't play for a week and get none it doesn't really bother me.

I'm in deep Void. Hardly getting weekly limit once per month.
I used to get to the weekly limit every week by just mapping earth like and water worlds etc and just jumping from system to system, that was well before the new bio payout came out, but that does of course require a certain amount of time to do
Arx for sightseeing jaunts went down following one of the updates, I don't recall which, as it was fairly easy to hit the limit in a couple of days of poodling around undiscovered systems (in the Colonia region for me) scanning & mapping.

Taking an alt to Colonia, slowly, is not netting Arx at the rate I recall (but then, I'm not filtering star classes, that may have an effect), but it is offset by payouts for bio, somewhat, being sold off at main account #2 FC that is providing support along the way.

I used to get to the weekly limit every week by just mapping earth like and water worlds etc and just jumping from system to system, that was well before the new bio payout came out, but that does of course require a certain amount of time to do, I can see a more leisurely exploration rate wouldn't necessarily get 400 ARX, but still, it is a free bonus so if I am away and don't play for a week and get none it doesn't really bother me.
Well, I just follow the carrier (7 ship jumps) + once per 3 carrier jumps I have tritium mining for the whole evening. I gather all plants on the way. So it is really slow, for example last carrier jump, I took detour "6 jumps right" to scan missing data for EDSM, total it was 3 evenings. I had 4-5-10 bios on each damn system :D (700 mills after all).
So while I was flying it gave me 30 arx. When I came to carrier and sold it was 394.
So my point is arx are slow while you just fly without selling. And some routes take long.

Hi All :)

I've just been looking in on the Frontier Store, I don't visit it often so it's been interesting to see what's available now that the store has been updated.
Just a minor note about the DLC menu. under 'Filters'-'Games' the four click boxes which denote Elite, Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo and Jurassic World Evolution..
When I mouse click Planet Coaster or Jurassic World the boxes grey out and the various content for those games appear. Clicking on Elite and Planet Zoo the content appears but the boxes do not indicate a colour registering a mouse click.
Just thought I'd mention it and bring it to the attention of the Dev. Team. :)

Back to the main topic.
Interesting, some of the basic colour skins for ships have been adjusted from roughly 650 ARX (not sure if that's an exact figure but it was somewhere around that amount last time I exchanged ARX for some basic skins) to 1600 ARX.
More complex skins are now around the 5,000 -10,000 mark it seems.

Not quite sure how I feel about this at the moment, my only comment is that a gradual increase over the last few years would have perhaps been more acceptable generally than a short sharp shock, if you get my drift.
That being said, I will obviously be more frugal / selective with my accumulated ARX that I've collected in game, I might still buy ARX packages in the future, but it would have to be for something very special.
Monetary prices for just about everything are rising, electricity, food etc. etc. so I'm not surprised really that Frontier are having to find extra revenue from somewhere.
I'll still be supporting this game within my budget, so 🤷‍♂️

Jack :)

Well, I just follow the carrier (7 ship jumps) + once per 3 carrier jumps I have tritium mining for the whole evening. I gather all plants on the way. So it is really slow, for example last carrier jump, I took detour "6 jumps right" to scan missing data for EDSM, total it was 3 evenings. I had 4-5-10 bios on each damn system :D (700 mills after all).
So while I was flying it gave me 30 arx. When I came to carrier and sold it was 394.
So my point is arx are slow while you just fly without selling. And some routes take long.
Yes.
My way of minimising the issue was to arrange my route or jump range so that I always met up with my carrier once per week, usually in the last session before the tick. If I felt the Arx were more important than what I was doing.
Sometimes of course I would hit some more rewarding systems so I could fill up the Arx bucket after the tick as well, then I could go for two weeks.

The transition from actual money to the tried and tested value obfuscating in-game currency model, already included a stealth increase of 30 - 40% in price at the time.

Now the price of an aloe plant to put on your cockpit dash is £5!
Or if you prefer, that's over 5 months of collecting the free 400 Arx per week. For a plant.

Not really a problem for me frankly as the store was already overpriced but even with a “sale” on items occasionally I can’t see myself buying an Arx pack now.

View attachment 390548

🚀 Greetings Commanders!

We've got an update for you on the release of the Python Mk II, as well as changes coming to the gamestore:
https://www.elitedangerous.com/news/python-mk-ii-updates-gamestore

I terll you what man, it always seem like the 400 ARX per week being good for a basic paint job, that was a good measure.

And the Odyssey pricing and packs model were really pretty out of sight compared to it. I mean like you make your free ARX goal for half the year or something to buy a pack of suit cosmetics you may want some of. Or the guns yeah fairly basic cosmetic choices but gonna cost a couple of months ARX. Those things didn't match and I imagine suggesting of it time to time.

I also bought the large pack of ARX to support getting a Python soon and am in the boat with others finding my ARX moneybin holdings somewhat effectively devalued. I dunno that seems kinda whack man

And just to shoulder the unpaid roleburden of armchair PM for just a moment, well, you got to normalize on the 400 weekly ARX really being about what you cost for a basic flat or glossy and the most basic paint jobs on a ship. Used to be 390 right. And the fancy stuff may run up into the thousands. That's the way to do it and bring in some more cheaper suit packs so more people use them. Don't try to charge us more for freakin cosmetics. Here's a thought make a subscription be in the form of buying at least the smallest pack of ARX for the bill and fix the prices back to freakin 31st century reality duders

YOURS TRULY KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
[x] WOULD PLAY AGAIN

-- A representative
The Noon Family Pilot Trust

This is good news.
But fdev... let's have subs and not ships purchasing, even stealthily. I mean who has 16000+ arx off the bat banked!?
Q: how long to bank 16k arx via ingame only?
The max you can earn is 400 Arx per week, so...

16,000 Arx / 400 Arx per week = 40 weeks, which is 10 months.

But that doesn't matter. The intent and expectation is for people to spend money to get the arx to get the ship.

Don't worry - I think the fourth 'new ship' this year will be the 40th anniversary SCO enhanced CM5 - like the CM4, but with SCO :D

(I'm still surprised that there aren't more complaints that all the original 38 are now 'legacy' ships as the SCO variants will be the preferred ones from now 🤔 )

Last edited:
Top Bottom