Python Mk II & Updates To The Gamestore

Have to join the majority of people in this thread that this "rebalancing" went a fair bit beyond reasonable. I used to buy quite a lot of paintjobs, weapon and suit cosmetics to support the game that way (and some of the cosmetics are really neat). However the new prices are not acceptable in a way that they don't reflect the effort which were put in creating them.
Sorry FDEV, this time you went a bit too far and I won't get any cosmetics or paintjobs until prices get adjusted to a reasonable level. You can always have my money for new DLCs / addons / extensions which add up to the gameplay but squeezing money from cosmetics will not be supported.

I have to say, increasing prices while already milking for the Python Mk.2 is a bold marketing strategy the level of genius of EA executives. Safe to say: I was tempted by the Python Mk.2 If you look at my E: D profile, you can see I did spend a decent chunk of change on cosmetics. But, from now until the prices are reasonable or you admit the absolute screw-up of finances (Which you won't because that'd breach fiduciary duty by tanking the stock price just due to the admission), consider me a freeloader.

I’ve said it before. They give with one hand and take with the other. Very untrustworthy, and zero communication too. What’s the sense in showing off how they’re going to be making more arx available in game and then increase prices to this degree? Like everything wasn’t already way overpriced to begin with. I’m sure overall we’ll be getting a lot less than before.

I would hope/assume there will be other game play that can provide arx; Titan attacks already do, but yeah, we would need more opportunities and a higher weekly cap to offset those new prices to make them palatable/viable to the majority I would think.
Don’t the Titan attack Arx rewards go straight into your account like the Christmas ones do and so not affect the cap? In which case that could be the mechanism.

JOoIxaX.png

o1VjDGl.png

To all those people who keep saying "It's just ship kits and paint jobs, it doesn't affect me...."
Now it's affecting you. and Fdev didn't even wait a week.

And yeah, it's a 5A over a 5C, and has better stats...... that are locked behind a paywall.

So now it's officially the definition of Pay 2 Win.

So the ship will be purchasable with credits, but how much do you want to bet that it will only get the standard 5E FSD. But the module will only be available on the ARX store version. So not a ship locked behind a paywall but a module. You'll purchase the ship just to get the module.

Very Star Trek Online of them.

Last edited:
JOoIxaX.png

o1VjDGl.png

To all those people who keep saying "It's just ship kits and paint jobs, it doesn't affect me...."

And yeah, it's a 5A over a 5C, and has better stats...... that are locked behind a paywall.

So the ship will be purchasable with credits, but how much do you want to bet that it will only get the standard 5E FSD. But the module will only be available on the ARX store version. So not a ship locked behind a paywall but a module. You'll purchase the ship just to get the module.

Only going from what I've seen on streams but other variants of SCO will becoming available in game with no Arx unlock. As said info came from a stream and from what they said Fdev said what info they could release so I'm inclined to trust it until proven otherwise.

Only going from what I've seen on streams but other variants of SCO will becoming available in game with no Arx unlock. As said info came from a stream and from what they said Fdev said what info they could release so I'm inclined to trust it until proven otherwise.
I will be happy to be wrong. Im hoping for that to be so. But this smells like some of the sleazy tactics I've witnessed in other games, so I'm very suspicious of all of this.

Last edited:
JOoIxaX.png

o1VjDGl.png

And if the 5A SCO FSD plus the other grades B, D and E and their respective classes become available at the same time, on Tuesday, then it's not pay to win after all, right?

After watching some partner streams and using a bit of FDev logic, I'm going to make a semi-educated guess on what's going to happen with the A-rated FSD (SCO):
  1. The python 2.0 will be available for early unlock on 7th May, this will make base P2s available in shipyards
  2. A pre-built python 2.0 will also be available on the same day but it comes with an A-rated FSD (SCO) amongst other modules
  3. E, D, B & A rated FSD (SCO) will only be available for credits 3 months later when the python 2.0 is officially released to everyone. There'll probably be a CG or 2 in the meantime to "mass produce" it.

This is highlighting the wrong part, it also has a higher optimized mass, making it better than a V1 tech broker double engineered FSD on that alone, but wait there's more, it also has a higher max fuel per jump which gives you 1-2 more ly jump range probably.
Being the sceptic I am, until all classes/sizes of the FSO FSD are actually in game, I'm not going to believe the figures given on the streams, on a test server, to be anywhere near accurate.
but am oiling my torch and honing my pitchfork, just in case ;)

Hm, didn't FDEV say they'd make all seasonal paintjobs available permanently ? Where are the Void Black then ? I see Stygian, Midnight Black, Chromed and Golden.

Being the sceptic I am, until all classes/sizes of the FSO FSD are actually in game, I'm not going to believe the figures given on the streams, on a test server, to be anywhere near accurate.
but am oiling my torch and honing my pitchfork, just in case ;)
Given what look like increasingly drastic course changes I'm wondering whether to pick up a life jacket and head onto the boat deck, for "reasons"...

Hm, didn't FDEV say they'd make all seasonal paintjobs available permanently ?
Did they specify all?
(I've not read whatever they posted - so I may have missed it on the forum, somewhere)

Just got around to reading all... It was said:
A ‘Best Sellers’ section will be added to the gamestore, including some of our most popular items, allowing Commanders to purchase items such as Midnight Black, Stygian and Chromed all year round.

Whe I heard some of the 'specials' were returning, I was hoping to add Iridescent etc, to my 2 junior accounts... Although, with the pricing revision, I'm not likely to be bothered.

Last edited:
Hm, didn't FDEV say they'd make all seasonal paintjobs available permanently ? Where are the Void Black then ? I see Stygian, Midnight Black, Chromed and Golden.
Just some...

"A ‘Best Sellers’ section will be added to the gamestore, including some of our most popular items, allowing Commanders to purchase items such as Midnight Black, Stygian and Chromed all year round. We will continue to add to the store throughout the year with that same focus on items that players care about the most."

Did they specify all?
(I've not read whatever they posted - so I may have missed it on the forum, somewhere)

Just got around to reading all... It was said:
A ‘Best Sellers’ section will be added to the gamestore, including some of our most popular items, allowing Commanders to purchase items such as Midnight Black, Stygian and Chromed all year round.

Whe I heard some of the 'specials' were returning, I was hoping to add Iridescent etc, to my 2 junior accounts... Although, with the pricing revision, I'm not likely to be bothered.
Uhm.....yeah have to admit following recent pricing revisions I may have to do some more budgeting if I want to invest in some resprays for me ships. I'm thinking I could sell my car I mean I don't really need four wheels I could get away with two 😅

Top Bottom