Ships Python Owners' Thread

I'm not suggesting that each 3P roid gets tagged but that a region of higher probabilities gets displayed on the hud (like a POI on planetary surfaces) you still have to prospect each rock, I agree the youngun's do want it NOW!!!!!!! but an optional additional ore scanner might help mining become more popular, even for wr! ;)

It will never be popular with wr... :mad: :D

But...just so you know, I managed to sit through a few hours of beating on those poor stupid rocks to finally get Jean unlocked. But I then needed a few glasses of brandy to wash it down with. ;)

I was bored and waiting for new years. Oh, and never again. Hopefully. :D

Don't forget Bromellite Bill! :) worth it for the efficient PAs assuming you've got an Alioth permit of course ;)

Don't forget Bromellite Bill! :) worth it for the efficient PAs assuming you've got an Alioth permit of course ;)

Oh you're just a bundle of good news on the first day of the new year... :p

Alioth...yea, it rings a bell. I may have that permit. And what the heck is Bromelite?!?

Just added a Python to my Asp X and Cobra MKIII. She's got a 7A Power Distrubutor, 6A Thrusters, 5A FSD so far. Going to get the Power Plant next, do I definitely need 7A considering I want to run a thermal heavy hardpoint set up? Then Shields (still undecided on 5 vs 6 and which type etc) then some hardpoints. I don't use it for anything yet (other than to just look at) as I only have about 40mm Cr left :| I don't want to go bankrupt lol!

Love the ship, I feel like it has opened up a bunch of possibilities in the game for me without the need to really worry too much about any NPC's. Still haven't gone into open yet, but this will probably be the ship I do it in.

It's named 'King Cobra' for now anyways.

6b39dfc7-4613-45c2-b424-e846193fe7d3.PNG

b7314aa7-7b72-4d9a-8a32-c4c2fbce5bbb.PNG

Last edited:
With any build leave the powerplant until you've finalized the rest then fit a plant that has just enough power (unused power will add to ship heat) unless you intend to use SCB's a 6A plant should be more than enough, as to shields I use 6C bi-weaves on both my Pythons (G5 thermal mod) and 4 boosters, even engineered shields can be taken down surprisingly fast if you get swarmed by multiple ships at a CZ (been there, ran away! ;))

It's a powerful ship but even heavily engineered it probably wouldn't last long in open against dedicated PVP ships, in open you'll need to watch your six!

With any build leave the powerplant until you've finalized the rest then fit a plant that has just enough power (unused power will add to ship heat) unless you intend to use SCB's a 6A plant should be more than enough, as to shields I use 6C bi-weaves on both my Pythons (G5 thermal mod) and 4 boosters, even engineered shields can be taken down surprisingly fast if you get swarmed by multiple ships at a CZ (been there, ran away! ;))

It's a powerful ship but even heavily engineered it probably wouldn't last long in open against dedicated PVP ships, in open you'll need to watch your six!

Frankly, I think that is pretty fair for what the ship is! If my multi roll workhorse of a ship can take on a PVP dedicated ship then there would be some balancing issues. Point being, I will feel much more confident than I would in my Asp X with 3A shields haha!

Am loving mine. I've engineered mine and fitted it out for economy passenger missions. i'm making more per hour than if i was trading which is all good!

I simply switch out the cargo bins for passenger cabins if I want to haul people.

I normally use my Orca for hauling folks (better jump range) and as I don't bother with open, there's no OP'd PvPers to deal with so running with no weps works just fine. But I came across a sightseeing mission for a military general recently so though it'd be a good idea to have some bang-sticks along just in case. Yup, got interdicted by three elite 'condas back-to-back. That was a hoot, even though I was down to about 40% shields after that last interdiction. Even managed to pick up some needed mats from the wreckage of the three 'condas. :D

Last edited:
I have 2 Pythons. 1 grinding Fed and 1 grinding Imp rank. Im converting my Fed 1(Admiral finally) for pure combat. I am harmless/hopeless currently and need to rank up to competent for Broo Engineer. The Vette is getting a bit costly insurance wise for a new combatant :rolleyes: .

Last edited:
Soo, I've uber engineered my battle Python and I'm happier than a bird with a French Fry ;) . Only one thing could make this funnerer. A SLF.
Okay,,so this hyper engineered scrap metal maker doesn't NEED one (maybe a little too overpowered already) but it would be awesome [yesnod]

My Python is my first medium ship. Okay, first medium ship that wasn't a flying pile of bricks T7. If you want to know what she looks like, look at the default paint job. Still working on upgrading internals, but the FSD is A-rated and engineered a bit.

Top Bottom