General Remove Mission Only Items. Or make Stations Guarantee such Missions at all Times.

Its because: "RNG bad so lets delete RNG; no need to replace it coz RNG bad"

RNG is a fundamental part of RPGs, so hard pass. Unless of course what we really want is an economic simulation that is distinguishable from magic but vaguely predictable. Such as having to look for stuff in specific types of economies or specific political states. Luckily we have that already. Complexity can luckily also be modelled by RNG, thereby saving developer time that could be better used creating cockpit cats and/or fluffy dice.

:D S

RNG is a fundamental part of RPGs, so hard pass. Unless of course what we really want is an economic simulation that is distinguishable from magic but vaguely predictable. Such as having to look for stuff in specific types of economies or specific political states. Luckily we have that already. Complexity can luckily also be modelled by RNG, thereby saving developer time that could be better used creating cockpit cats and/or fluffy dice.

Well try to explain that to OP, good luck doing that

I love you go from "tend to disagree" to making the Outright Claim that your Position is Right without a Doubt.
But that aside.

No. There is 2 Reasons for that.

The Mission Board can be Updated by ANY Player in the Instance.
Which means. Even if you do not call up the Mission Board. As long as a Player in your Instance calls it. You have a Set of Missions there which wont Change until you either Change the Instance or Wait for the Preset Time to Refresh it and get a New Set of Missions.

So if your Idea was True. That would mean. Other Players would get Better Missions if someone with a High Rep on that Station Refreshed the Mission Board First in that Instance of the Game.
Likewise if a Player with Good Reputation was the Second Player to Check. He would be Faced with worse Missions cause the other Player did not have his Reputation.

The Mission Board Always Includes Missions of higher Ranks than you are.
Which means. If your Scenario was True the Mission Board would constantly Create Missions that you cannot Possibly take. Because even on Factions that Absolutely Hate you.
It will offer Missions that you can only do if they are Allied to You.
These Missions are of course Blocked to you. Because you are not Allied to them. But they are Displayed.
This would make no Sense if like you say they would offer you better Missions if you got Good Reputation.

So No.
Having a Good Reputation does not Increase your Chances to get a Mission Offered with Modular Terminals.
However. If you have a Bad Reputation. It might happen that a Mission with Modular Terminals is Offered. But you cannot take it. Because it requires a Higher Reputation.

Let me put it this way

I am in a low player traffic system and there are 7 factions. Over the past two nights I have made myself Allied with the top 3 factions. Tonight I have been offered missions with around 23-39 Mission Only Commodities from the said top 3 factions, while on the mission board the other four factions are offering rewards with around 10-15 MOCs.

What I was saying is that once the "RNG" roles in a CMDRs favour, the more factions a CMDR is Allied with the better the chance of gaining the MOCs required in one mission.

Well it does, if you are neutral with the faction you are doing mission for and they offer a "mission only commodity you are looking for" and its only available to friendly then you are hecked so having "Good Reputation" does help but i can see what you meant, you can be unlucky.
But like a lot of peeps said in this thread its not hard at all to find a "mission only commodity you are looking for"; lets say "MT" have a ~5% to ~10% of being a reward (don't know if one is true), well you have to be really unlucky not to get any for a day.

Last time i did look for "mission only commodity" got it in my first mission board so they are not that rare (was allied with the faction)

I play Warframe and a good thing has a ~0.02% chance to drop on rare enemies, do player complain yeah they do, do the devs do anything: nope because they don't really need to;
i can understand that you complain about a ~0.02% drop chance on a rare event but for 'common' thing even if its RNG i'm 'not into that'
at least i'm not aware of a 0.02% drop rate in ED

I never found any good tutorial about "Methodic Scan through Asteroids" would be nice if you or another cmdr did a tutorial on that, coz i'm always lucky with finding some good roids or BIG unlucky and lose 1h of my meaning less time :( [that's a big sad moment]

Thats not Drop Chance.
But thats Splitting Hairs so....

I needed 3 Days before I got one back then.
That one was a Wing Mission.....

But thats a Typical misconception.
People think if there is a 50% chamce for something they get it half the Time.
But thats not how it works.
You can have a 50% chance and Fail 3 times in a row.

And yeah guess what.
Warframe Sucks. I dont play it.

@Sunleader if everyone (but one person) on this thread disagree with you its because "mission only commodity" are not hard to get, and since FC are a thing you don't even have to farm them anymore.

Sorry. But I am not following the Rule of the Mob Principle.
Right and Wrong does not depend on Majority.

Also maybe cut down a bit on the Offtopic remarks and Personal Attacks.
You may not care that you look like clowns.
But I do care about the Topic remaining halfwat readable.
Nobody wants to read an epilogue of you guys talking about your opinion on me.

Nobody wants to read an epilogue of you guys talking about your opinion on me.
We could say the same about you.

Warframe Sucks. I dont play it.
OK

Thats not Drop Chance.
Drop chance and spawn chance is not the same thing?

I needed 3 Days before I got one back then.
Where you allied with the faction of that mission at that time?

People think if there is a 50% chamce for something they get it half the Time.
But thats not how it works.
True but then you are BIG UNLUCKY

Sorry. But I am not following the Rule of the Mob Principle.
Right and Wrong does not depend on Majority.
True but was more a answer about why everyone disagree with you (maybe you already knew?)

We could say the same about you.

OK

Drop chance and spawn chance is not the same thing?

Where you allied with the faction of that mission at that time?

True but then you are BIG UNLUCKY

True but was more a answer about why everyone disagree with you (maybe you already knew?)

Nope.
Which is why its annoying me that I have to bother with you.

Its not Spawn Chance either lol.
Or do you say that Mission which has Spawned but which you cant Accept due to low Rep did not Spawn?

To be Precise. I am the Owner of the Faction where I do Missions lol.

Thats called RNG.
And thats why this should be removed.

You got a Funny Interpretion of Everyone.
So far I count 6 People against me.
3 of which are very Vocal aboit it.
2 which just put likes on your post and drop occassional troll comments.
And 1 asking questions which I count as your side cause he seems somewhat sceptic of the Idea.
My Side has 4 People.
2 which silently liked the Idea. And 2 including me which are Vocal in their Support of it.
6 vs 4 doesnt feel like Everyone to me :)
Even if we counted every non Supporting Forumer in here as Opposed. It would be about 10-12 opposed to it.
I somehow Doubt thats enough to claim Everyone Disagrees with me :)

Nope.
Which is why its annoying me that I have to bother with you.

Its not Spawn Chance either lol.
Or do you say that Mission which has Spawned but which you cant Accept due to low Rep did not Spawn?

Thats called RNG.
And thats why this should be removed.

You got a Funny Interpretion of Everyone.
So far I count 6 People against me.
3 of which are very Vocal aboit it.
2 which just put likes on your post and drop occassional troll comments.
And 1 asking questions which I count as your side cause he seems somewhat sceptic of the Idea.
My Side has 4 People.
2 which silently liked the Idea. And 2 including me which are Vocal in their Support of it.
6 vs 4 doesnt feel like Everyone to me :)
Even if we counted every non Supporting Forumer in here as Opposed. It would be about 10-12 opposed to it.
I somehow Doubt thats enough to claim Everyone Disagrees with me :)

Firstly, nobody is against you. Just make sure you are using language towards people that you don't mind being used towards you.

Secondly, it is what it is. It will probably ruin a lot of peoples' experience if the game was simplified more than it already is. It seems to be made to encourage engagement in a wide variety of game play aspects, and reap the rewards on a trickle-in basis. Anything ground for (grinded for? Bloody iEnglish...) will feel like a chore unless you actually enjoy a good grind.

I enjoy a good grind. I roast my own beans. My coffee is exceptionally good. Especially when I use coffee beans.

Firstly, nobody is against you. Just make sure you are using language towards people that you don't mind being used towards you.

Secondly, it is what it is. It will probably ruin a lot of peoples' experience if the game was simplified more than it already is. It seems to be made to encourage engagement in a wide variety of game play aspects, and reap the rewards on a trickle-in basis. Anything ground for (grinded for? Bloody iEnglish...) will feel like a chore unless you actually enjoy a good grind.

I enjoy a good grind. I roast my own beans. My coffee is exceptionally good. Especially when I use coffee beans.

I would consider some people here to be more against Me than against my Suggestion actually. But thats a different Story. With against Me I mean opposed to the Suggestion.
Also.
I dont mind Language so much.
They get an answer in kind and thats that.
I am far more offended by People not reading posts properly and then answer stuff thats irrelevant the topic.
Because its derailing the Topic.

Rolling Dice and growing Frustrated due to the Dependency on Dice Rolls ruins the Game for way more People.
So thats not really a Good Argument against my Suggestion.

I am on about 3 Billion Credits now.
So more than Halfway to my Carrier.
I dont mind Grind.

What I do mind is meaningless Progression Walls that Depend on Random Chances.

Abd talking about Variety while Supporting that something is only Availabke by one Specific Method is somehow not really Convincing either....

I would consider some people here to be more against Me than against my Suggestion actually. But thats a different Story. With against Me I mean opposed to the Suggestion.
Also.
I dont mind Language so much.
They get an answer in kind and thats that.
I am far more offended by People not reading posts properly and then answer stuff thats irrelevant the topic.
Because its derailing the Topic.

Rolling Dice and growing Frustrated due to the Dependency on Dice Rolls ruins the Game for way more People.
So thats not really a Good Argument against my Suggestion.

I am on about 3 Billion Credits now.
So more than Halfway to my Carrier.
I dont mind Grind.

What I do mind is meaningless Progression Walls that Depend on Random Chances.

Abd talking about Variety while Supporting that something is only Availabke by one Specific Method is somehow not really Convincing either....

It is all in the eyes of the beholder. I have been running around the Bubble in my azure Cobra Mk IV (as you do) collecting engineering mats, trading mats, getting mission-only commodities and unlocking Guardian modules for the AX T-10 I am trailing behind me using Ship Transfer. We arrived a little while ago from the Witch Head nebula, and now that I have the AX gunboat "Late to the Party" fully engineered and equipped with all the Guardian bits I can fit on it, I have moved on to the Coalsack to test it against Thargoids there. If the Spirit of Nysa moves on, I might wait with transferring LttP until the Alliance have established some useful bases out there. Either way, I had fun doing missions and hunting for mats. If I knew exactly where to find them and they were always there, it would have been a chore that only wasted my time. But because there is an element of randomness, it becomes more of a hunt and a game of probabilities.

It is all in the eyes of the beholder. I have been running around the Bubble in my azure Cobra Mk IV (as you do) collecting engineering mats, trading mats, getting mission-only commodities and unlocking Guardian modules for the AX T-10 I am trailing behind me using Ship Transfer. We arrived a little while ago from the Witch Head nebula, and now that I have the AX gunboat "Late to the Party" fully engineered and equipped with all the Guardian bits I can fit on it, I have moved on to the Coalsack to test it against Thargoids there. If the Spirit of Nysa moves on, I might wait with transferring LttP until the Alliance have established some useful bases out there. Either way, I had fun doing missions and hunting for mats. If I knew exactly where to find them and they were always there, it would have been a chore that only wasted my time. But because there is an element of randomness, it becomes more of a hunt and a game of probabilities.

Irrelevant to Topic. So wobt comment on that.

As for the Topic Bit.
An element of randomness and depending on 100% randomness* is two different Stories.

As I explained before.
Its a vast difference between RNG Influencing the Result and RNG deciding the Result.

Mission only Commodities are 100% RNG.
Because there is no other way to get them. No Grace Mechanic to make sure that you get them at least every 10th attempt etc etc.

All other things in the Game.
Either have a Grace Mechanic (Engy Mats)
Or can be Guaranteed to a Degree by Sufficient Skill and Knowledge of the Game.

Solely the Mission only Items have 100% RNG with no Choice but to Roll the Dice till you get them.

Mmm - I saw this, and thought of you :)

1605817742250.png

Found them loooooong ago. In fact way ago before even opening this Topic. As was Stated Several Times.
But hey. Thanks for Demonstrating to Everyone that just as I said already. You dont bother actually Reading the Stuff your trying to Answer here.

You already Answered yourself there Really.
Gathering Engineering Materials has a Safety Net Build in.
A Fallback in case RNG just Refuses to give you the thing you need.

This is called the Material Trader.
Indeed I cannot Guarantee what kind of Data I get in the Collection Methods. So getting a Specific Engineering Data. Is something Reliant on RNG in that Method.
However. I can Guarantee that I get Data by doing Data Collection. And if RNG decides to Screw me over. I can always just go for the Coup de Grace by just gathering enough Blanks to Buy the Material I need.

And Fun Fact for you. I did Complain about this in the Past when Materials Traders did not Exist. Thus there being no Way to Guarantee getting a Certain Material.

There is no Hatred Specifically for MTs actually.
MTs are merely the Example Item as they are one of the Items ONLY Available from Missions. With no other way to Obtain them.
Something I also said several Times already. And something you should actually know if you had bothered Reading my Posts Properly.

Yes. RNG is a very common Mechanic Choice on MMOs. Mostly on those MMOs too lazy to Create a Coherent System.
It is also a Standard Choice for Games that want to prevent Player Skill to have too much Influence on the Player Success and Progress.
But thats Irrelevant. Because ED is its own Game. And I am Complaining about a Mechanic in ED. Not about other Games.
If other Games have such Mechanics I will Complain about them there. Which I am doing by the way. You can be sure of that.
Albeit most of these Games which Rely on RNG for Majority of things tend to Suck and thus aint something I would Play in the First Place.

This is just Flat out Wrong. Because once more.
If you Enter a Hotspot of a Certain Material. Then you are GUARANTEED. That this Hotspot does Contain that Material.
The only thing Randomized is its Location.
And if you Methodically Scan through the Asteroids. You will Find it.
In Fact Proficient Miners are that Good at Finding it. That they Can Guarantee Finding 100-200 Tons of that Material in 1 Hour extremely Consistently.
I myself currently Mine Painite. Using 2x4 Prospectors. Getting roundabout 150 Tons of Painite per Hour consistently each time I enter the Ring.
I can Guarantee that if I go into a Specific Hotspot for Painite. I will Consistently 10 of 10 Times go out of that Hotspot with at least 50 to 100 Tons Painite after 1 Hour.
So the RNG at best is. If I go out of the Hotspot with 50 or 200 Tons of Painite.

This is Different from the Mission Board.
The Mission Board HAS NO GUARANTEE that a Mission for a Certain Reward is Available.
There is no Station Cluster where you have a Guarantee that one of these Stations will have the Mission for that Item Available. With the RNG only being which of the Designated Stations has the Mission.

If you are Unlucky enough. You might Spend several Days looking at Mission Boards on every Stop. And not get a Mission that is Offering MTs.
Meanwhile another Player might be Lucky and on 3 Stations he Stopped each offered him a Mission with MTs as reward.

And having an RNG Range. Of 0 to 100 MTs per Hour by Checking Mission Boards.
Compared to having an RNG Range. Of 50-200 Painite per Hour by Checking a Painite Hotspot.

Is as you might Notice quite a Difference. Because in one Case you will always go out with the Item you wanted. And the worst RNG can do to you. Is to make your Grind Longer.
While on the other Part. The RNG might just Outright Refuse you to Progress.

Of course that as well is Something I have now Explained Several Times over. And I have no Doubt you will still not get it and just keep Repeating that Bullcrab about Mining being RNG.....

And Sorry. But if you really cannot Comprehend how having a 100% RNG Reliance on wether or not you are Allowed to take a Single Step Forward. Is WORSE. Than having a 50% RNG Reliance on wether you are Allowed to take 5 Steps Forward or 10 Steps Forward. Then I really dont know what else to Tell you.
Because I somehow dont think you have the Mental Capacity to ever Comprehend the Problem anyways.

1. You still ned to GATHER 6 times of ANOTHER same level stuff... that is from sources that is based on RNG.

2. and it is used for ONE specific non re-occuring thing in the game. and unless you have multiple accounts or resets your save, it is a ONE TIME thing.

3. and here you are playing a game that is mostly about RNG, and you are actively choosing to engage in an activity that you knew from the start was all about RNG...

4. You also GAURATEED to get MT from missions, that offers them as reward,. so your point being? oh wait are on the RNG train about those missions are not spawning enough for you. but then, you should now that there is no guarantee that those signal sources will spawn either... so once again, your point being?

it is fabulous how you stiull fail to understand the flawed logic you are apply to your mining comparison, as youa re CLEARLY not a proficent mission hunter. so comparing a very novice or uneducated understanding of game mechanics, with someone who have spent time to learn about these, as evidence that one of these things are clearly wrong is laughable. it is more like you go out and do some laser mining without prospector limpets and then complain about how useless mining is at earning credits.

and here it is in glorious letters, that you do not understand what you are talking about, or even care to try and understand what people write.

You do not own a minor faction, PERIOD. And regardless of what you think about you owning a minor faction or not, does not say ANYTHING about what that minor faction thinks about you... and since you have in other places expressed that you could see but not accept missions due to low ranking with that minor faction, tells us plenty about your lack of understanding here...

1. You still ned to GATHER 6 times of ANOTHER same level stuff... that is from sources that is based on RNG.

2. and it is used for ONE specific non re-occuring thing in the game. and unless you have multiple accounts or resets your save, it is a ONE TIME thing.

3. and here you are playing a game that is mostly about RNG, and you are actively choosing to engage in an activity that you knew from the start was all about RNG...

4. You also GAURATEED to get MT from missions, that offers them as reward,. so your point being? oh wait are on the RNG train about those missions are not spawning enough for you. but then, you should now that there is no guarantee that those signal sources will spawn either... so once again, your point being?

it is fabulous how you stiull fail to understand the flawed logic you are apply to your mining comparison, as youa re CLEARLY not a proficent mission hunter. so comparing a very novice or uneducated understanding of game mechanics, with someone who have spent time to learn about these, as evidence that one of these things are clearly wrong is laughable. it is more like you go out and do some laser mining without prospector limpets and then complain about how useless mining is at earning credits.

Dont know.
I am playing this for a long Time. I dont even know what parts they added while I took a break etc.
Right now I am Busy Grinding Money for my Fleet Carrier. So I am busy with that and dont care about much else.

Irrelevant to Topic. The Mechanic is Still Rubbish and you yourself actually just now Statet its used 6 more times.....

Thats Factually Wrong. Which I explained Several Times Already. I wont Explain it again. If you didnt get it by now you never Will. All there is to it.

You are not Guaranteed that Mission. So thats a Fallacy and also Irrelevant to Topic.
I Explained this a felt 50 times as well now. I am not gonna Explain it again. Read the Previous Posts or Off.

and here it is in glorious letters, that you do not understand what you are talking about, or even care to try and understand what people write.

You do not own a minor faction, PERIOD. And regardless of what you think about you owning a minor faction or not, does not say ANYTHING about what that minor faction thinks about you... and since you have in other places expressed that you could see but not accept missions due to low ranking with that minor faction, tells us plenty about your lack of understanding here...

I am the Owner of that Faction PERIOD. ^^
I am the One who Named it, Wrote the Backstory and who Decided which Factions it belongs to and where it Spawned etc.
I am also the One who made sure that the Faction Conquers Stations and Expands into other Systems.

And Obviously I am Allied with the Highest Possible Standing to it.
So do me Favor and Stop making a Clown of yourself by throwing obvious Strawman arguments around that have no argumentative value and only muddy the waters for observers.....

I am the Owner of that Faction PERIOD. ^^
I am the One who Named it, Wrote the Backstory and who Decided which Factions it belongs to and where it Spawned etc.
I am also the One who made sure that the Faction Conquers Stations and Expands into other Systems.

And Obviously I am Allied with the Highest Possible Standing to it.
So do me Favor and Stop making a Clown of yourself by throwing obvious Strawman arguments around that have no argumentative value and only muddy the waters for observers.....

That makes you more of an author than an owner. Good work, in any case. Now go out and get Allied status with a few more factions, and your mission-only commodities should show up in no time. It is a bit like buying more than one ticket for the raffle.

That makes you more of an author than an owner. Good work, in any case. Now go out and get Allied status with a few more factions, and your mission-only commodities should show up in no time. It is a bit like buying more than one ticket for the raffle.

Sp basicly you know your wrong but dont want to admit it.
So you pretend to not understand what I say and go on trolling.

Noted, Archived, Ignored.

Sp basicly you know your wrong but dont want to admit it.
So you pretend to not understand what I say and go on trolling.

Noted, Archived, Ignored.
That's not how I read the comment you're responding to.

If you are so confident that you are the Owner of the faction in question, by all means let us know which faction it is. You can instruct them not to ally with anyone in this thread, and definitely not to offer MTs to anyone here, and we can go test that proposition.

That's not how I read the comment you're responding to.

If you are so confident that you are the Owner of the faction in question, by all means let us know which faction it is. You can instruct them not to ally with anyone in this thread, and definitely not to offer MTs to anyone here, and we can go test that proposition.

My Comment was actually more Aimed towards him more and more openly Ignoring the Topic and just trolling instead.
But oh well. Traffic is Good for getting Dev Attention.
So I will Humor you a bit.

Counterproposition.
Instruct your Left Lung and your right Lung to take turns Breathing instead of Breating Parallel.
You own your Lungs dont you :)

Likewise. You cant Jump into Permit Locked Systems with your Ship even tough its your Ship :)
You cant Install 2 Refineries, You cant even fly into a Black Hole.
You can Create your own Squadron. But you cant Declare War on the Federation or Empire :)

The Stuff you own in the Game can only take Actions and Orders the Game Rules Permit to you.

Also.
Sorry. But I am not Interested in having Annoyances trying to reduce my Factions Influence.

My Comment was actually more Aimed towards him more and more openly Ignoring the Topic and just trolling instead.
But oh well. Traffic is Good for getting Dev Attention.
So I will Humor you a bit.

Counterproposition.
Instruct your Left Lung and your right Lung to take turns Breathing instead of Breating Parallel.
You own your Lungs dont you :)

Likewise. You cant Jump into Permit Locked Systems with your Ship even tough its your Ship :)
You cant Install 2 Refineries, You cant even fly into a Black Hole.
You can Create your own Squadron. But you cant Declare War on the Federation or Empire :)

The Stuff you own in the Game can only take Actions and Orders the Game Rules Permit to you.

Also.
Sorry. But I am not Interested in having Annoyances trying to reduce my Factions Influence.

There is a number of logic flaws there. The main is (still) that you will not be the only influence on your faction, even if you originally set it up, except by circumstance. Anybody can play the BGS in favour or disfavour of that faction.

That’s irrelevant to the topic though. What is relevant, however, is that you cannot get to a status above Allied, and what material rewards you get from doing missions will always include a proportion of randomness.

Your best choice is really to spread your influences a bit and work a few other factions. You own faction won’t mind, it’s not like you will be cheating on them or anything. Necessarily.

Top Bottom