Sidechat

When I was first getting into reptiles, these were at the top of my list. I ended going with a crested because they are easier and can actually be handled. These guys are certainly stunning!

What a cutie! Indonesian? That enclosure looks so nice!
Yep, a merauke one. Thanks, would look nicer if she wouldnt dig up all plants i try to put in there :D
Gonna redo it sometime in the future

What's up my fellow planet zoo coinsures. now that I'm here I got a question, have you ever heard of who would win, there these kids' books about what if two animals thought, I used to read it as a kid and know, it's not good, look at Ultimate Ocean Rumble, a Walrus loses to a sand tiger shark, HOW!!! Clints Reptiles gives a good subnation of these books, at least the animal designs are nice.
Without reading it, I know an orca would win.

Recently I've been doing maps for smaller areas within my recreation zoos using existing maps and tracing over them with a bright and colorful style (not exactly realistic but easy to look at) and building my own map for areas of a zoo that don't have a map by using shapes to construct the map myself. My maps are made in canva since I don't use adobe software.

My traced map using colorful shapes for different habitat groups and adding animal png pictures for the labels.
View attachment 385440

And the other version of my own built map for an indoor building using custom shapes but more wordy with no pictures.
View attachment 385441
Isn't that at the Houston Zoo? I was there back in January! It was fun.

Big News!

I got the internship at the John Ball Zoo and I think I'm going to take it! I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple others though, but this zoo has such a good program and so many amazing animals!
Congratulations! I just looked that zoo up, and it looks like there's a pretty good variety of animals there.

I don’t normally comment on what I am learning in Vet school, but I have seen a raw milk trend on TikTok. Please don’t drink raw milk, the benefits don’t outweigh the risks of getting a number of diseases from it. If you buy fresh raw milk, always remember to boil it!

Sometimes I see people make new trends on social media regarding animals, y’all got to understand animals can be super gross. Though I’m sure many of you might already know that.

Last edited:
I don’t normally comment on what I am learning in Vet school, but I have seen a raw milk trend on TikTok. Please don’t drink raw milk, the benefits don’t outweigh the risks of getting a number of diseases from it. If you buy fresh raw milk, always remember to boil it!

Sometimes I see people make new trends on social media regarding animals, y’all got to understand animals can be super gross.
Where I live, selling raw milk for consumption is illegal for the exact reason why it is so risky to drink. All these food/drink trends from tiktok continue to suprise me how dumb some people can be.

Where I live, selling raw milk for consumption is illegal for the exact reason why it is so risky to drink. All these food/drink trends from tiktok continue to suprise me how dumb some people can be.
Yeah it’s alarmingly in the United States a massive amount of people are beginning to distrust medical advancements. I’m even seeing people deny polio and measles vaccines for their children. I think a lot of people forget history is written by survivors, and are also forgetting to talk to the people alive before these changes existed. My grandparents were terrified of polio growing up, and by the time their grandchildren were born (me included) people aren’t worried anymore.

But because it’s not an immediate threat people question why we do it to begin with! Anti vaxxers are now even involving the veterinary industry. It’s so frustrating!

Yeah it’s alarmingly in the United States a massive amount of people are beginning to distrust medical advancements. I’m even seeing people deny polio and measles vaccines for their children. I think a lot of people forget history is written by survivors, and are also forgetting to talk to the people alive before these changes existed. My grandparents were terrified of polio growing up, and by the time their grandchildren were born (me included) people aren’t worried anymore.

But because it’s not an immediate threat people question why we do it to begin with! Anti vaxxers are now even involving the veterinary industry. It’s so frustrating!
I wouldn’t say that it’s science or medical advancements that some people distrust. They’re distrusting the people who run or work in the medical industry. They think that they might be ideologically motivated or just way too greedy. Either way, they think they have some kind of incentive to lie to the public for their own personal gain, and frankly, I can see where they’re coming from due to things like the overprescription of certain drugs, treating the symptoms rather than the causes, allowing the FDA to consider some foods safe despite the amount of preservatives and microplastics in certain foods, etc.

Sorry, I’m passionate about the subject.

I wouldn’t say that it’s science or medical advancements that some people distrust. They’re distrusting the people who run or work in the medical industry. They think that they might be ideologically motivated or just way too greedy. Either way, they think they have some kind of incentive to lie to the public for their own personal gain, and frankly, I can see where they’re coming from due to things like the overprescription of certain drugs, treating the symptoms rather than the causes, allowing the FDA to consider some foods safe despite the amount of preservatives and microplastics in certain foods, etc.

Sorry, I’m passionate about the subject.
I don’t disagree! There is a lot of shady stuff. I just get upset with the grifters making the situation 10x worse. I even saw an influencer who proclaimed the benefit of eating raw meats. Ewww

Top Bottom