Sidechat

Hi lovely! Sorry I missed your message, I haven't been on here much lately. Waiting for all this console palaver to be done with so we can get some DLC news!

The places I stayed at were more modern in design with glamping style canvas tent accomodation, but they were all absolutely gorgeous and made the most of the nature around them. All had raised areas with indoor/outdoor seating for great views of the surrounding nature. Here are their sites for inspo -

The habitats were not desert but scrubland with some foresty areas and in the south, the beautiful ecology of the fynbos - definitely check out some of the flora of that habitat as its unique and was just so beautiful and diverse

Post us pics! :)
Thanks so much! I’m just starting the main build this afternoon, and your sources will definitely be helpful for it! I’ve posted the outskirts of it I have so far in the What did you do today in Planet Zoo thread, right now it’s just a highway and a parking lot, but I’m breaking ground on the resort very soon, so keep an eye out!

Thanks so much! I’m just starting the main build this afternoon, and your sources will definitely be helpful for it! I’ve posted the outskirts of it I have so far in the What did you do today in Planet Zoo thread, right now it’s just a highway and a parking lot, but I’m breaking ground on the resort very soon, so keep an eye out!
Great! Hehe the endless parking lot fiasco

I have a pair of pigeons building a nest right infront of my window under the roof overhang of my balcony.
I offered them a bundle of leftover dried moss from my terrariums and they actually used it.
This is the handsome little gentleman sitting on the balcony railing 😊
IMG_20240329_072652.jpg

I have a pair of pigeons building a nest right infront of my window under the roof overhang of my balcony.
I offered them a bundle of leftover dried moss from my terrariums and they actually used it.
View attachment 388007
cute, once when I was walking, I saw a hawk catch a bird out of midair, it was epic.

Last edited:
ok, bye guys
before I leave though, I want to ask one more question, do you collect animal figures, if so what brands. for me I buy Schelich and now Collecta. I did just by the Collecta breaded dragon and was a little disappointed, but the red river hog and capybara figures are great.

ok, bye guys
before I leave though, I want to ask one more question, do you collect animal figures, if so what brands. for me I buy Schelich and now Collecta. I did just by the Collecta breaded dragon and was a little disappointed, but the red river hog and capybara figures are great.
OMG I HAVE BEEN DOING THAT FOR YEARS. I have a mix of Schleich, Safari LTD, and Mojo i think

ok, bye guys
Yeah i have a big bin full of Schleich figure sitting on my attic and wait didnt we have this conversation before?

ok, bye guys
I collect Schleich!

ok, bye guys
Yes, and I sculpt and paint them too ☺️ My favorite are Papo, Kaiyodo, Bandai (Japanese brands), Southland Replicas when they still existed, and handmade/resin models. Schleich has some nice ones too and it's the brand that started my collecting habit back in the early 2000s ☺️

Sometimes when there’s no one on I reread parts of the forums and conversations we’ve had. Man, those were the good old days. And they’re not over. But the golden age of this chat was awesome. Just a wholesome bunch of people from all different backgrounds and regions chatting about random things. That was the best. I feel like with the game starting to slow down production, our members are also becoming less active. But I’ll aways come back to this place.

View attachment 388007
Such a nice bird! Very cute :D
We have a colony of jackdaws on our roof and I love them, they're so smart. And have very pretty silver eyes.

Great news! I finally got a job substitute teaching! I’ve been at it for a week and a half now, and I’ve already witnessed some troublesome behavior.
Congratulations on your new job! :)
ok, bye guys
Congrats on your new figurines! If you collect what's your favorite animal figure in general? And do you have a model of Hyrax?

I really need this guy.
View attachment 388122
Very cool! Is that a Rhea? :D
Sometimes when there’s no one on I reread parts of the forums and conversations we’ve had. Man, those were the good old days. And they’re not over. But the golden age of this chat was awesome. Just a wholesome bunch of people from all different backgrounds and regions chatting about random things. That was the best. I feel like with the game starting to slow down production, our members are also becoming less active. But I’ll aways come back to this place.
I'm sure the forum will get more busy again when we get some hints about the next DLC :) The console announcements everywhere on social media are not super interesting for us PC players. And, maybe Spring and Summer are mostly quieter as fewer people play computer games?

A little question to all of you who collect animal figures, are you also on any forums dedicated to animal figures collecting hobby?

I’ve been going back to the Eurasia speculation thread from time to time. Feels weird to see everyone be hopeful. Especially when people say stuff like: I think mountain pack is next, but I think we might get these 4 more packs next year! So hopeful we used to be!

Top Bottom