Sidechat

Alright fine I’ll reveal the surprise.
Red Rock Springs Wildlife Resort. It’s a resort and zoo somewhere just outside of Phoenix Arizona. It’s architectural style will be a mix of African and Modern, and some of it’s rooms will look over the Savannah habitat, along with others.

I started it yesterday but due to other things I wasn’t able to get as much done as I expected, you can actually probably expect at least something this afternoon 😅

Does anyone know any good survival games where you can play as an animal? Like a simulation game. I know Animalia is one, but I don’t like online animal games too much. Too many people play predators and I have always liked playing herbivores. Or if I want to play a carnivore I can’t find any herbivores to eat.

I remember when I saw the trailer for pigeon simulator and I was actually excited thinking it was gonna be a realistic survival game about living as a pigeon in the city.

I don’t know if anyone else played it, but off Animal Planet there was a game launcher you could get to play IPredator. One of the most fun game modes was you could play as sea lions or sharks.

I’m always looking for more animal games so any help is appreciated!

Does anyone know any good survival games where you can play as an animal? Like a simulation game. I know Animalia is one, but I don’t like online animal games too much. Too many people play predators and I have always liked playing herbivores. Or if I want to play a carnivore I can’t find any herbivores to eat.

I remember when I saw the trailer for pigeon simulator and I was actually excited thinking it was gonna be a realistic survival game about living as a pigeon in the city.

I don’t know if anyone else played it, but off Animal Planet there was a game launcher you could get to play IPredator. One of the most fun game modes was you could play as sea lions or sharks.

I’m always looking for more animal games so any help is appreciated!
Spore? lol

Hey guys I'm back and got a question, what's your favorite non-Planet Zoo youtubers, here is mine.
Schaffrillas: a very funny but also genuinely emotional critic.
Caddicarus: probably one of the funniest and hardest working youtubers that I watch.
Microwave Society: while I disagree with their opinion on Shrek 2, I still think this is a very funny YouTube channel.
Dead Meat: a fun kill count channel
Game and Film Theory: a fun theory channel
PhantomStrider: a fun top 10 channel
PeanutButterGamer: a very funny and enjoyable channel.
Zoo Tours: I have only ben at one zoo in my life so it's nice to have a channel all about touring zoos.
there are more I like but these are the main.

No particular order:

StudsonStudio: im really into crafting and seeing this guy make really cool stuff out of literal garbage brings a smile to my face every time

North of the Border: Polymerclay is one of my biggest passions and job, and he makes such cool and often hella cursed sculptures.

Thoughtpotato: Cryptozoology is really interesting to me and he brings such a cool spin with speculative evolution and biology to it.

Mike Tytula: Reptile keeping is another one of my biggest passions so i watch alot of videos about it. There are others i really like but for sake of not making this an essay im gonna put him here as an example since he is definetly my favorite.

Your Dinosaurs are wrong: im really into paleontology aswell and they do such a good and in depth job explaining

Ben G Thomas: another paleontology channel i really love

I’ll give a couple of mine!
  1. Schaffrilas productions, same reason as stated above I like his commentary.
  2. TierZoo, oddly enough I don’t follow a ton of animal YouTubers. I like his content, though there is definitely better ways to learn about zoology.
  3. WesHammer, I like Warhammer 40k. Likewise I will put Mr.Bones 40k up here as well.
  4. I like Drew Goden, overall good commentary
  5. Defunctland has fantastic niche documentary stuff.
  6. Charborg is becoming one of my favorite gaming YouTubers, dude is hilarious
This is all I can think of for now.

Hey @Villanelle , I’m starting a new Planet Zoo project with a hotel involved. I know you took that trip to South Africa, are there any hotels you stayed at that have a kind of African desert/wilderness feel? I really need some inspo and something to base it off of. Thanks!
Hi lovely! Sorry I missed your message, I haven't been on here much lately. Waiting for all this console palaver to be done with so we can get some DLC news!

The places I stayed at were more modern in design with glamping style canvas tent accomodation, but they were all absolutely gorgeous and made the most of the nature around them. All had raised areas with indoor/outdoor seating for great views of the surrounding nature. Here are their sites for inspo -

The habitats were not desert but scrubland with some foresty areas and in the south, the beautiful ecology of the fynbos - definitely check out some of the flora of that habitat as its unique and was just so beautiful and diverse

Post us pics! :)

Top Bottom