Sidechat

Kinda random question, but is anyone using Youtube, and by extention the internet in general without an adblocker?

I recommend ReVanced or NewPipe for Android and the RemoveAdblockThing script for Tampermonkey on desktop browsers. I honestly can't stand ads and both solutions work very well. No slowing down on YT and no ads at all.

My Archaeopteryx had its big reveal the other day.
Since the 21 of may was dinosaur day, the museum had a workshop for children themed about dinos with educational presentations and creative activities, centerpiece of which was my model.
For now its sitting in the workshop room, but eventually its gonna be mounted on a branch, sitting above the fossil exhibition area.
Honestly this is so cool to me and im really proud :D
View attachment 393617
Wow that's awesome! What a great use for the model. It's so damn beautiful. Lucky kids, did you speak at the museum day or get to observe at all? I bet you're proud, it's masterwork

Kinda random question, but is anyone using Youtube, and by extention the internet in general without an adblocker?
Ive been using one for quite a while now, on my computer anyways. On my phone i dont because there were no options that worked proberly, but i pretty much stopped watching Youtube on there when they started to really ramp up the amounts on videos a couple years ago.
But i recently had a couple glimpses of how life without one must be like at the moment, and oh boy its horrible. Wanted to show my dad a tutorial video on YT 2 weeks ago and it started with a fricking unskipable 2 minute ad. But the absolute worst thing i expierence was when we visited some family and my little cousin wanted to show me something on her laptop, firstly Youtube rolled one of these very obvious "do this to become a millionaire" scam ad directly at the start and one for a flipping genitalia enlargement miracle cream shortly after, needless to say i promptly installed an adblocker on her laptop. Like honestly is Youtubes moderation on what kind of ad they allow on their platform really this atrocious? Between this garbage, the endless ads for scummy mobile games and Youtubes attempts of not only slowing their platform but also the whole computers down for users with adblocks to get them to pay for their ridiculously expensive YT Premium they are quickly becoming even worse than the traditional TV everybody came here to escape
God yeah new YT sucks. I have an adblocker all the time. I use my laptop whenever at home and mobile only when out so its essential. I have seen it without an adblocker and it's just ....capitalism on crack. Also I put on YT Live TV for my dog when we're out (usually those chill beats vids with the cats or some videos of birds and squirrels) but yesterday I scrolled down the live page and it all becomes russian live radio / fake news stuff. Freaky.

Ive been using one for quite a while now, on my computer anyways. On my phone i dont because there were no options that worked proberly, but i pretty much stopped watching Youtube on there when they started to really ramp up the amounts on videos a couple years ago.
But i recently had a couple glimpses of how life without one must be like at the moment, and oh boy its horrible. Wanted to show my dad a tutorial video on YT 2 weeks ago and it started with a fricking unskipable 2 minute ad. But the absolute worst thing i expierence was when we visited some family and my little cousin wanted to show me something on her laptop, firstly Youtube rolled one of these very obvious "do this to become a millionaire" scam ad directly at the start and one for a flipping genitalia enlargement miracle cream shortly after, needless to say i promptly installed an adblocker on her laptop. Like honestly is Youtubes moderation on what kind of ad they allow on their platform really this atrocious? Between this garbage, the endless ads for scummy mobile games and Youtubes attempts of not only slowing their platform but also the whole computers down for users with adblocks to get them to pay for their ridiculously expensive YT Premium they are quickly becoming even worse than the traditional TV everybody came here to escape
I don't and I don't know if it is country specific but the most I've had is an unskipable 1 minute ad with all 5-10 second ads. And I've only gotten 2. Ads in general have definitely increased a lot in frequency though.

I don't and I don't know if it is country specific but the most I've had is an unskipable 1 minute ad with all 5-10 second ads. And I've only gotten 2. Ads in general have definitely increased a lot in frequency though.
They really have. I'm in favour of a lot more legislation of the internet. At the moment it's like the wild west - lawless, fun, offensive, extremely dangerous - but with less cool outfits.

1716482617295.png

Now I'm imagining a post-post-apocalyptic civilization discovering the internet and archivists coming across this forum and deciphering it. They would probably think this was a cult religion, we worshipped animals, the DLC speculation was like the almanac, and Frontier was our god 😅 they work in mysterious ways....

They really have. I'm in favour of a lot more legislation of the internet. At the moment it's like the wild west - lawless, fun, offensive, extremely dangerous - but with less cool outfits.

View attachment 393630
I think the problem with the idea of more legislation on the internet is that people are gonna find workarounds anyways.
And since there barely is a feasible way to actually enforce laws upon the individual, so i dont think anything would really change

Now I'm imagining a post-post-apocalyptic civilization discovering the internet and archivists coming across this forum and deciphering it. They would probably think this was a cult religion, we worshipped animals, the DLC speculation was like the almanac, and Frontier was our god 😅 they work in mysterious ways....
Would also have no clue what the majority of these animals are since they are all extinct by then lol

Imagine some guy after years of work booting up a wifi router and being like "I've finally done it! I can do the magic of the 21st century!" and then going on some random website and ending up here. The confusion...

My Archaeopteryx had its big reveal the other day.
Since the 21 of may was dinosaur day, the museum had a workshop for children themed about dinos with educational presentations and creative activities, centerpiece of which was my model.
For now its sitting in the workshop room, but eventually its gonna be mounted on a branch, sitting above the fossil exhibition area.
Honestly this is so cool to me and im really proud :D
View attachment 393617
So cool! It looks fantastic, congrats:)

Have any of y’all been following this new game coming out later this year, called Tiny Glade? Saw Deladysigner do a play through this morning and I have officially added it to my must have list. It turned out phenomenal. No management. No tasks. Just building pretty little castles and cottages.

Have any of y’all been following this new game coming out later this year, called Tiny Glade? Saw Deladysigner do a play through this morning and I have officially added it to my must have list. It turned out phenomenal. No management. No tasks. Just building pretty little castles and cottages.
Havent heard of it but it looks like the medieval version of townscaper :D

Top Bottom