Soontill Relics, the Regor Permit Sector and DB's cryptic hints....

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I present a challenge for you would-be explorers. Find the Unknown Artefacts, and then record what they have to say here. Should your mission be successful, you will be rewarded far beyond your wildest dreams.

You have no idea what I dream about. You'd best hope I don't find one first. :D

Yes, that was back in 2013 when they planned to have them in.

I believe David said at the premiere event that Thargoids were not in currently, but would be added as an expansion - something along those lines.

Fair point.

And they won't be a paid expansion that would be ridiculous...

Noone would have believed, in the first years of the 34th century, that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space.
Noone could have dreamed, we were being scrutinised, as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.
Few men even considered the possibility of intelligent alien life in the galaxy, and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably more cruel and callous than our own, regarded our worlds with envious eyes, and slowly, and surely, they drew their plans against us....

Noone would have believed, in the first years of the 34th century, that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space.
Noone could have dreamed, we were being scrutinised, as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.
Few men even considered the possibility of intelligent alien life in the galaxy, and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably more cruel and callous than our own, regarded our worlds with envious eyes, and slowly, and surely, they drew their plans against us....

War of the worlds opening........Nice.

*Or is this referring to the Frontier Dev Team? :D j/k

Last edited:

I happen to live in one of the towns destroyed in that book :)

I can't even read that without hearing it being said with Richard Burton's voice. +rep there my good man. :)

Does anyone remember a video which showcased the sounds of Elite: Dangerous? It had a ship spinning around and when it pointed at things (stars, planets, stations) a different noise ambience played.

It would be awesome if someone could find the video but I'm thinking that there could be a relation between the sound that plays when you are pointing at the 'unknown artefact' and a sound that plays when you point toward the artefact's home system/cluster/sector.

So basically if you point your ship's targeting reticule on something you should be able to pick up its sounds? Really?!? What does it work with? how far does it work? Damn it now I'm going to have to start "listening" to every thing I come across!

I think it's safe to assume the first time we pick up some clackety insect type of noise pants IT will hit the fan.

Does anyone remember a video which showcased the sounds of Elite: Dangerous? It had a ship spinning around and when it pointed at things (stars, planets, stations) a different noise ambience played.

It would be awesome if someone could find the video but I'm thinking that there could be a relation between the sound that plays when you are pointing at the 'unknown artefact' and a sound that plays when you point toward the artefact's home system/cluster/sector.

That's a good point.. But I can't help thinking the solution might be a lot simpler and people are getting ahead of themselves. We need someone to find a canister!!!

Has anyone checked out systems in the ROT 13 sector yet?

Yeah, the station orbiting an outer planet in YBY GUNETBVQF had a very curious design, one I'd never seen before.. Very angular. For some reason, it didn't respond when I requested docking permission..

lol, there's a lot of overthinking going on in this thread.

As far as I am aware, we currently only have one objective. Find Unknown Artefacts and listen to them. :) Other objectives will hopefully become clear after that.

Oh Chapter 38 is where the clues start :) "Deep Space, The Peregrina System"

This sound a promising lead....what's the book called again? Cmon Tangy tell us more of what's in there, I barely have real life time to play the game let alone read a book on it, :D

If it wasn't for work I wouldn't even get time to come on the forums. ^^

So basically if you point your ship's targeting reticule on something you should be able to pick up its sounds? Really?!? What does it work with? how far does it work? Damn it now I'm going to have to start "listening" to every thing I come across!

I think it's safe to assume the first time we pick up some clackety insect type of noise pants IT will hit the fan.

This is the best example I can find of what I was talking about. I don't think you even have to target it. Turn your volume up and try simply pointing at any star/planet/moon or any other celestial objects and you will hear different ambience playing.

Ok, this is what I'm gonna try. My hunch is that the Thargoids will be found in the same system as the aliens were found in, in the book Contact. There is no evidence to back this up directly, just a couple of (probably wrong) clues. Firstly, we are supposed to "listen", in the movie (and book) listening as hard as we could (literaly) led to the discovery of the message from the aliens, which gave their location to us. Also, there is NO ONE held in higher regards that the writer of that story Carl Sagan, and it's just possible that FD have given a little tribute to Carl by using the star system he used in his novel. It's a long shot, but I'm gonna read the book again to find out which system it was, and try to head off to there. You never know!

Yeah, the station orbiting an outer planet in YBY GUNETBVQF had a very curious design, one I'd never seen before.. Very angular. For some reason, it didn't respond when I requested docking permission..

Applying Rot 13 Cypher to YBY GUNETBVQF decodes to LOL THARGOIDS

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom