Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

SaltEMike has fell for it... again. Unbelievable. How can anyone follow CIG for so many years, be told the same stuff over and over again, year after year, and still believe that this time will be different?
Some people stick to their partners who beat them. I guess there is a mix of comfort, fear involved. You know it kinda works - would you ditch it for something new?

Where/how does CIG plan to draw the line between dropping an item in your hab, which will always be there regardless of which server you spawn on, dropping an item in a bar, dropping an item in your ship, dropping an item on a friends ship, dropping an item on a random ship, dropping an item on a planet, etc?
I suspect personal areas...like ships, habs or hangars will be fully equipment persistent but the dream of leaving coffee cups in some random forest, not so much. I know CR has drivelled on about the coffee cup for years...but I also suspect some of the network engineers have given him a reality check.

Last edited:
but I also suspect some of the network engineers have given him a reality check.

I'd suspect that, but when was the last time CR listened to people who told him no?

Remember that quote from CR about how he gets rid of people who say something can't/shouldn't be done. I remember his words were something like "I want Americans, not American'ts."

Telling CR no is not good for your career at CIG.

I'd suspect that, but when was the last time CR listened to people who told him no?

Remember that quote from CR about how he gets rid of people who say something can't/shouldn't be done. I remember his words were something like "I want Americans, not American'ts."

Telling CR no is not good for your career at CIG.
On the other hand - they put out the idot once a year to sign a letter of chairman best case scenario. That wouldn't mean the stupid guff he monstrates in his letter is any important.

I suspect personal areas...like ships, habs or hangars will be fully equipment persistent but the dream of leaving coffee cups in some random forest, not so much. I know CR has drivelled on about the coffee cup for years...but I also suspect some of the network engineers have given him a reality check.

Probably this, yeah.

Lol

tavern_upload_large.png

If i'm near one of these little mounds and try to do the same, i often do,i can't drop anything, it says in red text there is too much stuff here.
Sounds like a limitation, to me. So SC is limiting gameplay environment? Then they are, of course, making gameplay choices. That's good, but as I said before, by the time its released, it'll have the same gameplay as EDO..they're just going to take 40 more years to get there, removing this and that to get it to work, since they can milk it longer without admitting that. (the scam)

This dropping a limitted number of items, which probably has a time limit as well, reminds me of SRV tracks on a planet, or in other driving games. The wheels leave tracks, but only for a certain distance. In the past it used to be short, and you could watch it like a snake, but nowadays those tracks can be quite long. Havent checked if they're persistent.

Sounds like a limitation, to me. So SC is limiting gameplay environment? Then they are, of course, making gameplay choices. That's good, but as I said before, by the time its released, it'll have the same gameplay as EDO..they're just going to take 40 more years to get there, removing this and that to get it to work, since they can milk it longer without admitting that. (the scam)

This dropping a limitted number of items, which probably has a time limit as well, reminds me of SRV tracks on a planet, or in other driving games. The wheels leave tracks, but only for a certain distance. In the past it used to be short, and you could watch it like a snake, but nowadays those tracks can be quite long. Havent checked if they're persistent.

Same gameplay as EDO? You don't play Star Citizen do you? And why do we always go back to comparing SC to EDO? they are not comparable, they are space games but that is where the similarity ends.

Top Bottom