Strange Issue just started - Trouble finding posts similar

Hey everyone!

Love this game (thanks FDev!) and have been having a ton of fun in VR. I got an Oculus Rift with a GTX 1060 6gb, i7, 16g of ram. Everything runs well enough. I'm using a X52 pro HOTAS. Typically I have no issues outside of typical driver issues with nvidia and/or Oculus.

The problem:

Log in, put headset on, can look around and sound works... but now my controls do not. I can only move through the main menu by moving my head in just the right spot (while in VR). I managed to get into options to change bindings to keyboard only, but it doesn't work and I can only move through the main menu by looking in an odd spot. I tried running Elite in 2D and it worked fine. I was able to change anything and it all worked.

But in VR controls didn't work and I can only move menu by looking and can't select anything.

Help! I don't know where to even start fixing this!

I've had this before, normally it's when the game is not in focus on my monitor. If anything is in front of the screen it takes precedence. make sure the game window is on top

Right, and I had that issue before - not what's causing this problem. I made sure Elite was in the foreground but no inputs besides looking would be accepted.

Any recent system changes? Are you using software for your X52? Maybe some kind of mouse look issue in the X52 software?

The only recent system change was an update to nVidia drivers. I never installed the X52 software because it's typically buggy and every thread (for Elite) that I found said not to install it.

As an AMD and TM user (a slightly inebriated one at that) unfortunately I can't think of anything else. Sorry mate.

The only time I lose control input is either through elite losing focus (are you sure it's not some sort of malware infection stealing focus?) or if elite thinks I've taken the HMD off which I discovered by accident having taken it off to talk to somebody and thus losing control input while still retaining full view control, putting my thumb over the proximity sensor resumed control inputs again. No idea if that will help you track down the issue at all though :(

The only time I lose control input is either through elite losing focus (are you sure it's not some sort of malware infection stealing focus?) or if elite thinks I've taken the HMD off which I discovered by accident having taken it off to talk to somebody and thus losing control input while still retaining full view control, putting my thumb over the proximity sensor resumed control inputs again. No idea if that will help you track down the issue at all though :(

It's not the HMD (I think) since other games work just fine, and just fine with the X52, and just fine with unplugging that and plugging in an Xbox1 Controller.

I appreciate you trying to help. Fly safe!

Try to change the mouse cursor in options/graphics to OS cursor and then back to In-Game Panel Based Cursor. Maybe it helps.

Top Bottom