(image via Reddit)
Thargoids are all on holiday. They still hang out in Non Human Signal Sources in the Pleiades - closer to Merope you get more. They are also in the Witch Head Nebula - centred around Witch Head Sector IR-W C1-8, but most inhabited systems will have them. You can also get thargoids around attacked megaships in the Pleiades (and a few in the bubble like Deciat) - might need some relogs. If you just want interceptors (megaships can spawn scouts) then try one of the Distress Calls (no threat level) in the Pleiades - the one near Delphi 6 works well. Again, relog to get the interceptor you want.
You can also get hyperdictions - rumoured to be linked to having being scanned by a Thargoid Sensor these happen around the Pleiades / Witch Head.
Bonus points: Dropping Meta Alloys when an interceptor is around can cause them to call in extra interceptors.
Targets this week
Infestations (NHSS) as found in association with AXI this week:
EE1 - Sterope II
EE2 - HIP 18502
EE3 - Pleiades Sector MI-S B4-1
EE4 - HIP 17481
EE5 - Witch Head Sector IR-W C1-9
EE6 - Witch Head Sector IR-W C1-8
All empty systems so they won't get attacked
Warning: Try and not be in the Infested / Incursion systems on Thargsday for the server restart - CMDRs have reported CtD issues otherwise.
- Incursions are listed in the 2nd Galnet article (in-game only) and dynamically update through the week (they start at 'massive thargoid presence' and are beaten when we reach 'no thargoid presence'.)
- Thargoids first Infest a system (this has now been hidden), if the Infestation is not fought then they begin an Incursion, and we lose stations until the incursion is repelled.
- Incursed systems can be seen in the Galmap left panel. Sometimes the system also switches allegiance to the Thargoids (not always). It's worth checking a system is still Incursed before travel (in the 2nd Galnet post), as they change through the week. Sometimes the Galmap does not show the correct states, but systems targeted by Eagle Eye should still be targets. Unless that is broken ...
- There is a galmap filter to help find Incursion systems
- Incursion systems : fight in the AX CZ until they are listed in Galnet as 'No Thargoid Presence'
- Thargoids can only attack space stations with 'L' landing pads, if a system has none of these then it is a lower priority.
- Infested Systems : are saved by kills in the target systems- each kill counts the same, so a Scout is as useful as an Interceptor. Bonds do not matter. They only update state once a day, just after the BGS tick.
- You can also find NHSS all over the Pleiades - within about 166 Ly of Merope, but it won't help save any systems. Also n the Witch Head Nebula, up to 70 Ly, mainly near the new stations.
- And you can get (sometimes bugged) missions from the Aegis megaships / Rescue Ships to kill Thargoids, but they also don't count to save systems unless the destination system for the mission is also a target this week.
- Infested Targets are found by decoding the aegis Eagle Eye system https://canonn.science/codex/eagle-eye-installations/
- Decoding Eagle Eye is now simpler - use this decoder and type in the phonetic letters called out by the eagle eye unregistered comms beacons - this gives the target system