Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

good morning commanders. are you experiencing something... weird with this weeks state of the war?
ive found luggerates sys that supposedly has attacked port vid galaxy map, but system map doesnt show anything under attack. lindsey depot in hip 2422 should be under attack, but when i got there there werent even the ax npcs. after a few minutes sitting on the pad one interceptor came, pulsed, started firing but then just waked away. there are now a few of the ax npcs, but nothing else is coming and there still isnt even the join the combat option in comm tab.
is this normal?

good morning commanders. are you experiencing something... weird with this weeks state of the war?
ive found luggerates sys that supposedly has attacked port vid galaxy map, but system map doesnt show anything under attack. lindsey depot in hip 2422 should be under attack, but when i got there there werent even the ax npcs. after a few minutes sitting on the pad one interceptor came, pulsed, started firing but then just waked away. there are now a few of the ax npcs, but nothing else is coming and there still isnt even the join the combat option in comm tab.
is this normal?
I was in Lindsey Depot (HIP 2422) a few minutes ago. I tried Solo, then Private Group and then Open Play. I never got the "invite" to join the fight in any of those modes. I even tried jumping to supercruise and dropping back.

I kept flying above Lindsay Depot (it is a planetary port) for some time and then a Basilisk showed up flying erractly. It even went through the ground about 3km, then resurfaced. Then it kindda got stuck there "looking at the sky", that's when I managed to kill it. Later a cyclops showed up, I destroyed 1 heart and it fled (yep, opened a portal and vanished). Another cyclops showed up a few minutes later, lost a heart, fled.

Come on, FDev, we can't win the Thargoid War if the CZs don't work :(

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd ask, are they're any USS senarios or AXCZs that have a Live Captial Ship fighting the Thargoids along side you or asking for assistance? I'm sure I came accross one at the very beginning of the Update 14 but haven't seen one since.

Capital ships randomly show up at CZs in imperial/federal aligned systems. They seem slightly more likely to show up at the ones around stations, but that might just be because those are usually "very high" threat level.
They do not work properly around large stations (any of the types with mail slots), they rotate along with the station which makes them teleport around (same bug that makes the interceptors fly around at speeds too fast to catch).

Last edited:
In HIP 2422 the AXCZ around Lindsay Depot (planetary port) is not spawning any thargoids or antixeno npc ships. No promt to join the fight is shown.

Just thought I'd ask, are they're any USS senarios or AXCZs that have a Live Captial Ship fighting the Thargoids along side you or asking for assistance? I'm sure I came accross one at the very beginning of the Update 14 but haven't seen one since.

When i fought in Gliese 9035 - Caselberg's Inheritance - got a Fed Cap Ship several times.
It was nice cause it tends to keep agro around it instead of me having to chase scouts or interceptors all over the map
The bad part - it gets scouts quite fast, diminishing my number of kills (i was in solo and i stacked tharg kill missions), but other than that it didnt manage to steal any of my interceptor kills

However, when the Hydras appear they will focus the Cap Ship and so it flees rather fast, so you cannot count on the cap ship to help with the Hydra phase

Just got pulled out of hyperspace mid jump by a thargoid at HIP 36901 only 80 Ly from Bernoulli Dock! Jumped to the nearest system to escape only to find ALL the surrounding systems are occupied by them now! Got hit by three of them, stood no chance in my DBX explorer build with no shields lol

Are they pushing forward now!! I am not that far from the bubble?!

Are they pushing forward now!! I am not that far from the bubble?!
There are eight Maelstroms which have each landed in Ammonia-World systems on the edge of the bubble. Each of those has strong control over a region 20-30 LY in radius around it, which does include a bunch of formerly-inhabited systems.

Depending on which direction you're entering/leaving the bubble from (they're all on the rimward side at the moment) they can be a major navigational hazard. At the moment there are gaps between their regions so you don't have to go all the way to the other side of the bubble - and that's likely to continue to be the case for a while - but they are pretty easy to run into if you don't realise they're there.

Top Bottom