Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

Some interesting things from the start of cycle for Recovery systems:
- HIP 23716's progress has not reset (Thargoids can't send reinforcements on their turn to steal materials?)
- At Hadad, Muruidooges - which was defended in its first week of invasion - has a single week of Recovery which has auto-completed (100%). All other new Recovery systems have some damaged stations, and regardless of station count have a 4 week cycle.
Ok that's odd behaviour. Something to keep an eye on...

Seems way too easy now tbh.

Only for people unable to compare the number of systems entering the war to those leaving the war and decide which number is greater. At minimum we need an equilibrium before that statement can be made at all, and even then it comes with the risk of disrespecting the time and generosity of others.

Some interesting things from the start of cycle for Recovery systems:
- HIP 23716's progress has not reset (Thargoids can't send reinforcements on their turn to steal materials?)
- At Hadad, Muruidooges - which was defended in its first week of invasion - has a single week of Recovery which has auto-completed (100%). All other new Recovery systems have some damaged stations, and regardless of station count have a 4 week cycle.

Interesting, great information. Those two observations together suggest to me, as strongly as ever I could imagine short of seeing it demonstrated, that the Recovery action has a fast-track effect for an outcome which will occur eventually anyway. Logically, we have:
  • All defended Invasion systems change to Recovery regardless of whether any port was damaged.
  • Recovery systems in their final week are completed forcibly (evidence pending).
  • Recovery systems with no damaged ports move straight to the final week.
We could try getting Commanders to vacate a Recovery system for a month just to produce that evidence, but insofar as the number of Recovery systems is about to multiply, I imagine this will occur eventually anyway.

Hopefully we see what happens if we take a controlled system.

The Galaxy map tells you what happens—it goes to the Recovery state.

Clarification: It goes to the Recovery state if it has ports. Otherwise, it goes back to unpopulated.

Christmas and New Year Holidays are coming up and many of us won't be around to assist with defending humanity for a number of days.

Definitely! I love Christmas, and a week of lower activity will leave me very happy with the thought of others enjoying it as well!

Last edited:
It's incredible... there are more than 40 thargoid controlled systems around Taranis. (and only Taranis). We need that ax multi cannon gimballed, but we need a faster xeno scanner to be able to use it. and... a miracle, or two. I don't see the "easy" in any place.

Can somebody explain to thargoids is Christmas eve and we need a... =hold the fire? ceasefire?) about a week and a half? we compromise to provide them sweets, chocolates, marzipan, etc... I'm with commander Leadfoot in that.

Last edited:
No word on new targets from axi or anyone else
It's incredible... there are more than 40 thargoid controlled systems around Taranis. (and only Taranis). We need that ax multi cannon gimballed, but we need a faster xeno scanner to be able to use it. and... a miracle, or two. I don't see the "easy" in any place.
Faster scanner would be good but hearts glow enough that it's easy for most to hit em without a scan. Gimballed ax multis while nice wont be much help we have tons of stuff for scouts we need bigger guns like more size 3 and even 4 gtech but unlikely to ever happen. Advanced multis in all sizes and gimballed would be better than more ax multis. We can engineer the advanced ones and make true ax dakka ships if that happened.

No word yet on new targets from axi or anyone else that I can see in case people are wondering. The only system I could find with activity on the bar was HIP 29596. Only a sliver though so may only be a single cmdr trying to make something happen there. I'll head over till we get word on anything new and yeah anyone saying this war is easy is jumping the ball. We won some systems yes while losing hundreds that's not 'easy' by any means and no telling how long people can keep up the pace.

Edit heading to Obamumbo per Kayvans message instead of HIP 29596. Ty for the update cmdr

Last edited:
This just in from AXI -- updated target list:

Controlled :
Offensive (Taranis Hypercluster)
1 : HR 1737
2 : Swahku
3 : Hupang

Invasion:
Offensive (Indra Hypercluster)
1: Obamumbo
2: HIP 20527
3: Gaezatorix

Alert :
Defensive (Indra Hypercluster)
1 : 70 Tauri
2: HIP 21380

Keep in mind that "Controlled" means there are 0 CZs and 0 ports operational. AXI strategy seems to be to drop in at starports anyway and wait for the Goids to pick up on them. Advised to travel in Wings.

Out of this entire list, there is just one spot with human infrastrcture unter attack: in the HIP 20527 system, on the airless moon of the furthest planet (some 5000 klicks out), there are 2 surface installations under attack. The moon is landable under Horizons. There is a Coriolis station at 500 klicks from the sun.

Last edited:
Only for people unable to compare the number of systems entering the war to those leaving the war and decide which number is greater. At minimum we need an equilibrium before that statement can be made at all, and even then it comes with the risk of disrespecting the time and generosity of others.
Interesting, great information. Those two observations together suggest to me, as strongly as ever I could imagine short of seeing it demonstrated, that the Recovery action has a fast-track effect for an outcome which will occur eventually anyway. Logically, we have:
  • All defended Invasion systems change to Recovery regardless of whether any port was damaged.
  • Recovery systems in their final week are completed forcibly (evidence pending).
  • Recovery systems with no damaged ports move straight to the final week.
We could try getting Commanders to vacate a Recovery system for a month just to produce that evidence, but insofar as the number of Recovery systems is about to multiply, I imagine this will occur eventually anyway.
Certainly hectic, I'm amazed we took Muruidooges given where it was in the afternoon.
I think Ida are continuing to focus on Hip 23716. We'll see what happens with all the others that have popped up.

No word on new targets from axi or anyone else
Faster scanner would be good but hearts glow enough that it's easy for most to hit em without a scan. Gimballed ax multis while nice wont be much help we have tons of stuff for scouts we need bigger guns like more size 3 and even 4 gtech but unlikely to ever happen. Advanced multis in all sizes and gimballed would be better than more ax multis. We can engineer the advanced ones and make true ax dakka ships if that happened.

No word yet on new targets from axi or anyone else that I can see in case people are wondering. The only system I could find with activity on the bar was HIP 29596. Only a sliver though so may only be a single cmdr trying to make something happen there. I'll head over till we get word on anything new and yeah anyone saying this war is easy is jumping the ball. We won some systems yes while losing hundreds that's not 'easy' by any means and no telling how long people can keep up the pace.

Edit heading to Obamumbo per Kayvans message instead of HIP 29596. Ty for the update cmdr
The scanner is needed so turreted and gimballed weapons can target the hearts.

So in Muruidooges the ports are operating though all the settlements are abandoned and full of scavs.

The on foot mission board seems to think the settlements are behaving normally so there's no restore missions and normal delivery missions etc to abandoned buildings...

Last edited:
Yeah I know how it works just dont think ax multis are a good choice vs anything with hearts buts that's just my opinion to each their own.
We would need to compare ax multi cannons gimballed/turreted to break hearts with ax missiles. ..we need seeker missiles in really. Dumb ones... are semi-useless.

I dont know, would be great to have some Engineers missions, they should expand their modifications, Selene with a harder hull / uncorrosive, Palin giving us a faster conda/corvette.. or faster dumb missiles, RamTah a quicker xeno scanner, or a shutdown neutralizer capable to permit us penetrate beyond in the maelstroms... We need beautiful new ax toys, and cool ways to get it in our arsenal

Last edited:
EEEEEEEK!!
Left my FC in Trianguli Sector CA-A C14 a week ago as close to the action.
Now just returned there and what do I find? Uninhabited system with 4 stars BUT......................System is now at Thargoid Alert!
Masses of FC here due to close to warzone, but what do we do, just leave them there and see what happens when Thargoids take the system?

As far as I know there is nothing to do there as no stations to protect or Thargoids to attack....how can this be defeated?

I know we can leave FC's there until Wednesday, as there are 6 days left to Thargoid Control next Thursday, but should we leave them there as an experiment?
What if I lose the FC? That would cost me 8 Billion (and what about FC budget?)

Got interdicted and smashed by cmdr St4r Fox in Tarach Tor while delivering refugees. Griefers gonna grief, I know, but gamewise that is just stupid killing of 160 people just for the thrill of it, and I wonder: does anyone make some sort of sanitary to eliminate this pests in rescue systems, at least?

Last edited:
Got interdicted and smashed by cmdr St4r Fox in Tarach Tor while delivering refugees. Griefers gonna grief, I know, but gamewise that is just stupid killing of 160 people just for the thrill of it, and I wonder: does anyone make some sort of sanitary to eliminate this pests in rescue systems, at least?
I'm logging in to Tarach Tor now. I'll block that fiendish clown if I see him. Nasty business, ganking. o7.

Week 4, 22nd December 3308​

Obamumbo, HIP 20527, Liu Huang, HIP 29596, HIP 20890, Nu Guang, HIP 20577, Muchihiks, HIP 8525 defended from Invasion.

Targets updated at 01:50 29th December 3308
Mapon Invasion + 1 port – 56%
Akbakara Invasion + 2 ports – 32%
Obassi Osaw Invasion + 0 ports – 32%
Gliese 9035 Invasion + 5 ports – 26%
HR 2204 Invasion + 1 port – 22%
70 Tauri Alert – 18%
Bi Dhorora Invasion + 2 ports – 12%
Fotlandjera Invasion + 1 port – 10%
HIP 21380 Alert – 10%
HIP 7338 Invasion + 1 port – 10%
Luggerates Invasion + 4 ports – 10%
Scythia Invasion + 1 port – 10%
Tougeir Invasion + 1 port – 10%
Vasupari Invasion + 1 port – 10%
HIP 20916 Invasion + 0 ports – 8%
HR 1737 Controlled – 8%
Kaurukat Invasion + 3 ports – 8%
Gaezatorix Invasion + 0 ports – 6%
HIP 13179 Invasion + 2 ports – 6%
HIP 19198 Invasion + 1 port – 6%
Chinas Invasion + 3 ports – 4%
Dhang Tzela Invasion + 2 ports – 4%
HIP 8825 Invasion + 1 port – 4%
Vaipacnali Invasion + 3 ports – 4%
78 Theta-2 Tauri Alert – 2%
Chanyaya Invasion + 3 ports – 2%
Chernobo Invasion + 0 ports – 2%
Chnemine Invasion + 2 ports – 2%
Daruwach Invasion + 1 port – 2%
HIP 116351 Invasion + 2 ports – 2%
Patollu Alert – 2%
Ulche Invasion + 1 port – 2%

Notes
System completion will be easier; see Thargoid War Rebalancing.
The HR 1737, Swahku and Hupang Controlled systems are being targeted.

Week 3, 15th December 3308​

Alert repelled in Vukurbeh.
HIP 25679, 63 Eridani, Ebisu, Awara, Imeut, Lahua, 29 e Orionis, Ildano, Muruidooges defended from Invasion.

Last edited:
With this war honestly we should stay in solo or a PG why give these murderhobos the chance. I haven't messed with a system with 0 ports and no progress bar like obamumbo yet what exactly do we do there. Are there still places to land and pick people up or are we just bug killing in it?

Edit nvm it helps to select the war tab🙃

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. ☹️ o7

Tbh, I only ever do these in Solo, for this very reason.

Top Bottom