Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

Col 285 Sector GQ-O c6-29 i'm working on this 1

Good that you mentioned it! That is on the M. Hadad attacker list which we are reducing loosely alongside general clean-up; as it happens that system is some 30 Ly above the pocket I mentioned earlier so I think we are avoiding duplication. HIP 29217 and Col 285 Sectors OB-D b13-0, TH-B b14-0 and TH-B b14-2 should be done tonight!

Something that occured to me - if SNPX (or any other Alert sampling group that reads this) is willing to do so, it might be more efficient overall if they leave some of Oya's inhabited Alerts that have planetary bases to go on to Invasion. Since at this point Invasions are very rapidly and consistently cleared on their first week, it'd put basically no risk of losing systems whilst freeing up sampling capacity to clear more Control systems - and providing more content to bored combat pilots!

I have suggested the very same on many occasions here! I switched to Control systems many cycles ago only because I found summoning via Hyperspace too maddening to get appropriate encounters in the correct direction, and since then I have done nothing else as far as war-related systems are concerned. The INIV harvest wing numbers, all of which are Control systems:

CycleHarvestClean-upEvictionAdditional
20~409041
21~200040
22~977042
23~7940141
258928151Helped with MCC 105
2614629281Helped with Nihal
2714490320Helped with Trianguli Sector GG-Y c18
2813947312This cycle thus far

Not following exactly what to do. I am looking to fight thargoids with other players in open. How do i find the players? Playing on steam.

Something that occured to me - if SNPX (or any other Alert sampling group that reads this) is willing to do so, it might be more efficient overall if they leave some of Oya's inhabited Alerts that have planetary bases to go on to Invasion. Since at this point Invasions are very rapidly and consistently cleared on their first week, it'd put basically no risk of losing systems whilst freeing up sampling capacity to clear more Control systems - and providing more content to bored combat pilots!
We will discuss about this, maybe it is an option, as some of our guys are getting bored of harvesting.

Bumbo is also on the way, maybe we get enough samples to finish it this evening. There is good support, the coordination via DCoH Discord works very well.

Col 285 Sector GQ-O c6-29 delivered all samples I had, I'll check again in morning.

Not following exactly what to do. I am looking to fight thargoids with other players in open. How do i find the players? Playing on steam.
might have to find one of ax groups for this week.
usually several people at invasions, but there are none available at the moment.

- alerts will have Orthrus 40,000,000 cr missile loadout and pulse neutralizer recommended. tissue sampling not reliable vs Orthrus super high fail rate.
can find other interceptors as well and scouts.
( can sometimes find people at alerts.)

- if wanting to tissue sample, - research limpets or multi limpet and sell at the rescue ships. (caustic cargo rack recommended.)
control or alerts.

*( I don't know where people are today in open) *

If the purpose (and often method) of containing the Thargoids is to retake systems further in, then lack of invasions should balance itself out - as they're pushed back, the average difficulty per system will increase. Clearing 6 invasions a week in the 20-25 LY range and clearing 6 in the 15-20 LY range are very different propositions ... if that's still too easy then eventually it'll end up being clearing 6 in the 10-15 LY range and that certainly won't be too easy.

Victories in Col 285 Sectors GQ-O c6-29, OB-D b13-0, TH-B b14-0, TH-B b14-2, TS-Z b14-5 and RM-B b14-7, HIPs 29217 and 117177, and Ikpen!

Evictions at 07:00 14th June 3309:
HIP 25679 Control 34% *34.5%Taranis 17 Ly, delivery underway
HIP 30158 Control 22% *22.6%Hadad 21 Ly
29 e Orionis Control 18% *18.9%Taranis 22 Ly
HIP 20056 Control 12% — Indra 24 Ly
Bumbo Control 12% — Oya 22 Ly

Alerts:
48 Tauri Alert 80% — Indra 27 Ly, 2565 Ls outpost
Narrowly, Wednesday caution:

HIP 20491 Alert 46% *46.3%Indra 23 Ly, 3197 Ls planet

Clean-up:
Col 285 Sector TS-Z b14-1 Alert 42% — Hadad 24 Ly, empty
Col 285 Sector CA-E b13-1 Alert 16% *17.4%Cocijo 26 Ly, empty

Unfortunately the Invasions are being mostly prevented and otherwise defended very quickly at the moment. Were any still active at the moment, something which may help you find others is a prototype list made by @CMDR Vulkarius in response to a similar request, although it is predictably empty at the moment. It was posted here originally:

Wanted to follow this up, I made a quick prototype to demonstrate the basic idea - try this? @Genar-Hofoen
That isn't using all possible EDDN messages yet and could/should show a bit more info, but see if it helps to find other pilots.
Also it doesn't know the game modes so those could be private group or solo, but it could still lead you to other pilots there in open who weren't feeding EDDN.

Delivery of all samples gathered for 25679 complete now - sorry for pause in the middle. May have a little while until the map/bar updates, jumping the carrier back to be prepared if it fell short by a few percent in any case.

-- numbers updated after I jumped back in, saw 97% and started setting up to sample more.
Ok, no last minute assist needed, that's nice.
1686748945190.png

Last edited:
Delivery of all samples gathered for 25679 complete now - sorry for pause in the middle. May have a little while until the map/bar updates, jumping the carrier back to be prepared if it fell short by a few percent in any case.

-- numbers updated after I jumped back in, saw 97% and started setting up to sample more.
Ok, no last minute assist needed, that's nice.
View attachment 358613
We did it!!!

Hi. I have 80 samples from HIP 30158 on my carrier, collected today. I was thinking to hold them until next cycle. I've tested this before, and they progress the system the same way. Does this make sense? Thanks! o7

Hi. I have 80 samples from HIP 30158 on my carrier, collected today. I was thinking to hold them until next cycle. I've tested this before, and they progress the system the same way. Does this make sense? Thanks! o7
Holding samples between cycles has been confirmed to work. Unless there’s a group working there that’s unloading there tonight, I doubt 30158 will finish before Thursday morning - whether you hand in your samples or not.

Holding samples between cycles has been confirmed to work. Unless there’s a group working there that’s unloading there tonight, I doubt 30158 will finish before Thursday morning - whether you hand in your samples or not.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. So preferable to wait -- so as not to lose the % over the change of cycle....

Victories in Col 285 Sector TS-Z b14-1, HIPs 20491 and 25679, and 48 Tauri! Congratulations to @Grimscrub, @Starsong et alia for clearing HIP 25679; that was a quite tough harvest target given that some were relatively new to it, but you all achieved it!

Inhabited Alerts are all indeed done now, and we have Bumbo rising sharply enough that such usually is the result of being planned and assured, but without any contact, please mind that it could also do as Paitra did last cycle. Speaking of once-inhabited Control systems in general, I have annotated the remaining strength of those with some initial progress.

I may be able to offer some movement, although please mind that the present INIV shopping list for this evening will cost 2570 already. A more sensible possibility after that is HIP 37520 without assistance due to its farther distance, but if anyone else can offer partial completion at HIP 30158 then there may be the possibility of sharing it.

Evictions at 18:00 14th June 3309:
Bumbo Control 38% — Oya 22 Ly, needs 2002 more
HIP 30158 Control 24% *24.1%Hadad 21 Ly, needs 3309 more
29 e Orionis Control 18% *19.3%Taranis 22 Ly, needs 3011 more
HIP 20056 Control 12% *13.4%Indra 24 Ly, needs 2108 more
HIP 37520 Control 10% *10.9%Cocijo 30 Ly, needs 1386 more

Clean-up:
Col 285 Sector CA-E b13-1 Alert 22% *22.4%Cocijo 26 Ly, empty
HIP 28913 Control 4% *5%Hadad 25 Ly, empty, warranted by INIV
Col 285 Sector TH-B b14-7 Control 0% — Hadad 30 Ly, empty, warranted by INIV
Col 285 Sector TH-B b14-1 Control 0% — Hadad 26 Ly, empty, warranted by INIV
Col 285 Sector SH-B b14-5 Control 0% — Hadad 20 Ly, empty, warranted by INIV
Col 285 Sector KA-G b11-4 Control 0% — Thor 37 Ly, empty, warranted by Spacerschoice-00

Top Bottom