Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

248 samples being turned in for HIP 30158 as we speak. FWIW the galaxy map shows all progress zero'ed out for the system at this moment. :-( TY.

Last edited:
SNPX will let Gliese 9035 go to invasion, as a lot of pilots asked for invations at MS Oya. So we would be very glad if all pilots at MS Oya would take no efforts to clear Gliese 9035 this cycle.

The SNPX - plan for MS Oya looks as follows:
Alerts:
1.) Cephei Sector ZZ-Y b3 aka "Oya Island" --> fast clearing by haunting Orthrus-interceptors
2.) Minawara --> the system will be the second option for haunting Orthrus at MS Oya
3.) Lahua --> "normal" clearing by harvesting tissue samples
4.) Gliese 9035 --> just do nothing

Controls:
1.) HIP 11111
2.) Cephei Sector EB-X b1-4
3.) Cephei Sector AV-Y b0
4.) ... we will see, what is best to be done.

Victories in Pegasi Sector LY-O a7-0 and HIP 25388!

Thank you to @Spacerschoice-00 and @Shayan al Nasarwa for the upcoming target notes; I will try to annotate them as or when they become relevant, though it is clear that INTRA needs a way to record that. INIV will be shrinking the M. Hadad and M. Thor target list again following the pleasing success last cycle, though not starting that quite yet, and will be leaving any inner inhabited targets.

Alerts at 18:10 15th June 3309:
HIP 20485 Alert 28% *28.3%Indra 21 Ly, 27 Ls starport
Desurinbin Alert 22% — Cocijo 25 Ly, 2845 Ls planet
Minawara Alert 10% *11.3%Oya 23 Ly, 546 Ls outpost, warranted by SNPX
Vukurbeh Alert 8% *8.7%Taranis 24 Ly, 265 Ls starport, 468 Ls outpost, 1737 Ls planet

Clean-up:
Pegasi Sector WK-L a9-1 Alert 86% — Raijin 27 Ly, empty
Cephei Sector FB-X b1-0 Control 78% *79%Oya 23 Ly, empty
Pegasi Sector VK-L a9-3 Alert 30% — Raijin 27 Ly, empty
HR 1107 Control 16% *17.3%Oya 18 Ly, empty

248 samples being turned in for HIP 30158 as we speak. FWIW the galaxy map shows all progress zero'ed out for the system at this moment. :-( TY.

Only the other 4111 remaining to be collected, then! It has not quite yet entered focus in the context of being an eviction which would stop a future attack, though it is also not beyond consideration if it can get enough assistance.

Well,
Looks to be all going well, but I for one, am totally disinterested in current War tactics - I did like Invasions initially, but can't abide Tissue Samples in Control or Alert (how the f does that even evict Thargoids?????????????????????????) - gimme AXCZ then I will come back to War.

>>>>>Off to mining systems for Plat and mats

Victories in Pegasi Sector LY-O a7-0 and HIP 25388!

Thank you to @Spacerschoice-00 and @Shayan al Nasarwa for the upcoming target notes; I will try to annotate them as or when they become relevant, though it is clear that INTRA needs a way to record that. INIV will be shrinking the M. Hadad and M. Thor target list again following the pleasing success last cycle, though not starting that quite yet, and will be leaving any inner inhabited targets.

Alerts at 18:10 15th June 3309:
HIP 20485 Alert 28% *28.3%Indra 21 Ly, 27 Ls starport
Desurinbin Alert 22% — Cocijo 25 Ly, 2845 Ls planet
Minawara Alert 10% *11.3%Oya 23 Ly, 546 Ls outpost, warranted by SNPX
Vukurbeh Alert 8% *8.7%Taranis 24 Ly, 265 Ls starport, 468 Ls outpost, 1737 Ls planet

Clean-up:
Pegasi Sector WK-L a9-1 Alert 86% — Raijin 27 Ly, empty
Cephei Sector FB-X b1-0 Control 78% *79%Oya 23 Ly, empty
Pegasi Sector VK-L a9-3 Alert 30% — Raijin 27 Ly, empty

Only the other 4111 remaining to be collected, then! It has not quite yet entered focus in the context of being an eviction which would stop a future attack, though it is also not beyond consideration if it can get enough assistance.
It's been difficult recently to find the time to get to play, but I think Vukurbeh is worth defending from Alert, being one jump away from Taranis IIRC. I haven't tried the tissue sampling thing but I think I can put together the Cutter or Anaconda build, and I also want to take out some Glaives and Orthrus' finally too, so I think I'll carve some time out this weekend to join the battle. o7

BTW; many thanks for keeping this thread updated!

Well,
Looks to be all going well, but I for one, am totally disinterested in current War tactics - I did like Invasions initially, but can't abide Tissue Samples in Control or Alert (how the f does that even evict Thargoids?????????????????????????) - gimme AXCZ then I will come back to War.
I'm would imagine that this will probably get a nerf in Update 16, but for now, head canon that the Research Limpets also inject deadly human antibodies directly into the hosts when sampling which spreads a contagion throughout the local Thargoid populace? Kind of like our own Caustic damage. But, you make a fair point.

Victories in Cephei Sector FB-X b1-0, Pegasi Sector WK-L a9-1, Arietis Sectors YJ-R b4-4 and WO-R b4-4, and Col 285 Sector ML-E b12-5!

Evictions at 07:10 16th June 3309:
HIP 30158 Control 8% — Hadad 21 Ly
Chibis Control 6% *6.8%Cocijo 25 Ly
Njana Control 2% *3.4%Cocijo 26 Ly

Alerts:
HIP 20485 Alert 58% — Indra 21 Ly, 27 Ls starport, 35 Ls planet
Minawara Alert 32% — Oya 23 Ly, 412 Ls outpost, warranted by SNPX
Desurinbin Alert 30% *30.5%Cocijo 25 Ly, 457k Ls starport, 2845 Ls planet
Vogulu Alert 24% — Hadad 21 Ly, 336 Ls starport
Vukurbeh Alert 16% *17.3%Taranis 24 Ly, 265 Ls starport, 468 Ls outpost, 1737 Ls planet
69 Upsilon Tauri Alert 16% — Indra 26 Ly, 3628 Ls starport, 1476 Ls planet
Hez Ur Alert 14% *15.8%Cocijo 22 Ly, 446 Ls starport, 236 Ls outpost

Clean-up:
Arietis Sector CQ-P b5-3 Alert 98% — Leigong 32 Ly, empty
Arietis Sector DW-N b6-4 Alert 60% — Leigong 38 Ly, empty
Pegasi Sector VK-L a9-3 Alert 44% — Raijin 27 Ly, empty
Cephei Sector ZZ-Y b3 Alert 14% *14.1%Oya 15 Ly, empty, warranted by SNPX

Well,
>>>>Off to mining systems for Plat and mats

Probably that is a quite good plan to avoid striking while the figurative iron is cold, unless Orthrus-hunting is an option of course. I think that more Commanders generally are accepting that it would be both more enjoyable and a better strategy to leave some Invasions around, so I imagine you will have some more of those soon!

It's been difficult recently to find the time to get to play, but I think Vukurbeh is worth defending from Alert, being one jump away from Taranis IIRC. I haven't tried the tissue sampling thing but I think I can put together the Cutter or Anaconda build, and I also want to take out some Glaives and Orthrus' finally too, so I think I'll carve some time out this weekend to join the battle. o7

BTW; many thanks for keeping this thread updated!

You are most welcome! These days the Orthrus can be a good, fun and profitable place to start; really it just needs something with four or more Enhanced AX Missiles, a good strong stab and a bit of hull strength to absorb caustic damage. The Imperial Cutter is a great choice if you have it, for it removes Orthrus targets comfortably with just a bit of speed engineering for the stab. Last I checked, the caustic sinks will fill too quickly to be useful here; it should be better to use a Shield cell and a boost to remove the caustic damage.

For harvesting solo, definitely a Cutter is a good choice so that you have comfortable speed and the best shield to last longer, while Anacondas are superior while in a Wing with regeneration.

Well,
Go to Desurinbin or 65 Kappa Tauri. Due to a glitch related to them having been Thargoid Control systems in the past, their stations have CZs even though they’re Alert systems rather than Invasions.

Go to Desurinbin or 65 Kappa Tauri. Due to a glitch related to them having been Thargoid Control systems in the past, their stations have CZs even though they’re Alert systems rather than Invasions.

Without any actual Invasions around, I think this becomes a quite important detail which I will try to capture! If previously-recaptured Alert systems are going to behave like a lighter version of an Invasion, the demand for that very aspect of Invasions elevates them very much as answers for where a combat pilot should go.

I will list them this way, perhaps in their own category:
Desurinbin Alert 30% *30.5%Cocijo 25 Ly, 457k Ls starport, 2845 Ls planet with CZ
65 Kappa Tauri Alert 2% — Indra 25 Ly, 71k Ls starport with CZ, 72k Ls planet with CZ

I have also added the following:
Notes
Some Alert systems have working port Conflict Zones, where no-fire zone fines can be cleared at the port.
Desurinbin has a 2845 Ls planet conflict at Stackpole Penal Colony.
65 Kappa Tauri has a 71k Ls starport conflict at Levchenko Terminal and a 72k Ls planet conflict at Windt Relay.
The Alert report lists predicted attackers which can be stopped this cycle.

Thank you most kindly for visiting them to discover which ports have conflicts! While these extra conflict zones persist, it is also quite clear that the list of previously-recaptured Alert systems is quite valuable at the start of each cycle, which is quite simple to report. Even the three unpopulated Alert cases are important if they have Conflict Zones which can be used to help complete them!

If I may suggest a respectful interruption of @Spaceman-FXL5 taking a bit of a break while there are no real Invasions, it would be well to visit Desurinbin and 65 Kappa Tauri before they get repelled and attempt treating each as if it were a port defence scenario.

This will be the one bug FDEV fixes quickly ... :rolleyes:
But yeah, good times to be had, if you don't mind paying the No Fly Zone fines. Usually costs a lot more to fix my ship than pay the fines so I'm happy. Pew Pew!

Victories in Pegasi Sector VK-L a9-3 and Hez Ur!

Evictions at 17:30 16th June 3309:
Njana Control 12% *12.9%Cocijo 26 Ly
HIP 30158 Control 8% *8.7%Hadad 21 Ly

Alerts:
HIP 20485 Alert 80% — Indra 21 Ly, 27 Ls starport, 677 Ls outpost, 35 Ls planet
Desurinbin Alert 60% *60.7%Cocijo 25 Ly, 457k Ls starport, 2845 Ls planet with CZ
Minawara Alert 42% *43.3%Oya 23 Ly, 412 Ls outpost, 412 Ls planet, warranted by SNPX
Vogulu Alert 30% *31.5%Hadad 21 Ly, 336 Ls starport, 471 Ls outpost
Vukurbeh Alert 26% *26.5%Taranis 24 Ly, 265 Ls starport, 468 Ls outpost, 1737 Ls planet
69 Upsilon Tauri Alert 22% — Indra 26 Ly, 3628 Ls starport, 1476 Ls planet

Clean-up:
Arietis Sector CQ-P b5-3 Alert 98% — Leigong 32 Ly, empty
Arietis Sector DW-N b6-4 Alert 60% — Leigong 38 Ly, empty
Cephei Sector EB-X b1-4 Control 22% — Oya 24 Ly, empty, warranted by SNPX
Cephei Sector ZZ-Y b3 Alert 18% *19%Oya 15 Ly, empty, warranted by SNPX

On the menu for INIV targets this evening, with any luck, is hopefully the entire M. Thor attacker list this cycle except for HIP 19198 (attacking Unktety). That is to say, and in the following order:
  • Col 285 Sector CF-Q c5-17
  • Col 285 Sector HF-G b11-3
  • Col 285 Sector DF-Q c5-4, for which @Spacerschoice-00 already has some completion stored
  • Synuefe QO-Q c21-1
  • Col 285 Sector NQ-F b11-2
  • HIP 17897
Any convenient arrangement is fine regarding Col 285 Sector DF-Q c5-4; presumably the simplest is just to leave it with its present demonstrably capable company, although if harvest transport or completion would help then that is quite fine also!

I'm would imagine that this will probably get a nerf in Update 16, but for now, head canon that the Research Limpets also inject deadly human antibodies directly into the hosts when sampling which spreads a contagion throughout the local Thargoid populace? Kind of like our own Caustic damage. But, you make a fair point.
Heh Heh, nice one.
I logged on just now after work and see 0 Invasions in any Maelstrom!. Ah well, there goes my interest in AX War.
I also must have had zero affect when I did play in AXCZ as fewer people are now getting far more gains for humans than when I did play anyways.

I may try the Titan sampling CG - though I have been there 3-4 times, found it awesome new stuff but ultimately uninteresting with 0 new game play.
I do find the new Glaive inter/hyper dictions fun though, as you shouldn't panic and can kill them quite easilly with 'reverski' EAXMC's.

Oh, and I was also involved in OWH to kick out Azimuth, so I think I can do same with CG Anti Azimuth, eh?

Darn - timed out without even doing anything or moving to another system - think I'll go watch England play and try again tomorrow.
(got a few day s now to try Titan Sampling and I did like Frameshift live#31 hints for U16 BTW)

Without any actual Invasions around, I think this becomes a quite important detail which I will try to capture! If previously-recaptured Alert systems are going to behave like a lighter version of an Invasion, the demand for that very aspect of Invasions elevates them very much as answers for where a combat pilot should go.

I will list them this way, perhaps in their own category:
Desurinbin Alert 30% *30.5%Cocijo 25 Ly, 457k Ls starport, 2845 Ls planet with CZ
65 Kappa Tauri Alert 2% — Indra 25 Ly, 71k Ls starport with CZ, 72k Ls planet with CZ

I have also added the following:

Thank you most kindly for visiting them to discover which ports have conflicts! While these extra conflict zones persist, it is also quite clear that the list of previously-recaptured Alert systems is quite valuable at the start of each cycle, which is quite simple to report. Even the three unpopulated Alert cases are important if they have Conflict Zones which can be used to help complete them!

If I may suggest a respectful interruption of @Spaceman-FXL5 taking a bit of a break while there are no real Invasions, it would be well to visit Desurinbin and 65 Kappa Tauri before they get repelled and attempt treating each as if it were a port defence scenario.
OK, will try tomorrow - footy tonight 🍻 🍻 🍻 day off.
even if it is Malta 🤞

Col 285 Sector DF-Q c5-4 delivered 374
should show about a hour or 2
re:
On the menu for INIV targets this evening, with any luck, is hopefully the entire M. Thor attacker list this cycle except for HIP 19198 (attacking Unktety). That is to say, and in the following order:
  • Col 285 Sector CF-Q c5-17
  • Col 285 Sector HF-G b11-3
  • Col 285 Sector DF-Q c5-4, for which @Spacerschoice-00 already has some completion stored
  • Synuefe QO-Q c21-1
  • Col 285 Sector NQ-F b11-2
  • HIP 17897

Victories in Col 285 Sectors DF-Q c5-4, CF-Q c5-17, HF-G b11-3, NQ-F b11-2 and JW-M c7-11, Synuefe QO-Q c21-1, HIPs 17897 and 20485, Cephei Sector ZZ-Y b3, Arietis Sectors CQ-P b5-3 and DW-N b6-4!

Evictions at 08:20 17th June 3309:
Njana Control 18% *18.1%Cocijo 26 Ly
HIP 30158 Control 10% *11.6%Hadad 21 Ly
Chibis Control 8% *8.7%Cocijo 25 Ly
HIP 11111 Control 4% — Oya 24 Ly, warranted by SNPX
HIP 20056 Control 2% *3%Indra 24 Ly

Alerts:
Desurinbin Alert 90% — Cocijo 25 Ly, 457k Ls starport with CZ, 2845 Ls planet with CZ
Minawara Alert 60% *60.1%Oya 23 Ly, 412 Ls outpost, 412 Ls planet, warranted by SNPX
Khwal Alert 44% *45.7%Cocijo 22 Ly, 67 Ls outpost, 89 Ls planet
Vogulu Alert 40% *41.1%Hadad 21 Ly, 336 Ls starport, 471 Ls outpost
Vukurbeh Alert 32% *32.6%Taranis 24 Ly, 265 Ls starport, 468 Ls outpost, 1737 Ls planet
HR 1403 Alert 28% *28.2%Indra 25 Ly, 194 Ls starport
69 Upsilon Tauri Alert 28% — Indra 26 Ly, 3628 Ls starport, 3780 Ls outpost, 1474 Ls planet

Clean-up:
Cephei Sector EB-X b1-4 Control 64% — Oya 24 Ly, empty, warranted by SNPX
Pegasi Sector QZ-M a8-0 Alert 18% — Raijin 27 Ly, empty

That clears our M. Thor list, leaving only HIP 19198 able to attack Unktety. We also made a start at M. Hadad with Col 285 Sector JW-M c7-11 cleared, and the next on the list are:
  • Col 285 Sector TH-B b14-5
  • Col 285 Sector KW-M c7-17
  • Col 285 Sector VS-Z b14-1
  • Col 285 Sector VS-Z b14-5
  • Col 285 Sector GQ-O c6-22
  • Col 285 Sector SH-B b14-2
That should leave M. Hadad with only four targets and bleak prospects for a few weeks after that. It would be a lot of extra cost to protect the easily-recaptured Col 285 Sector SX-Z b14-2, so for the moment that system will be on the Containment side of the Containment-Eradication line.

Nijana is an AXI project - as far as we’re aware, it’s being cleared through combat. Interesting to know that’s actually possible in systems far from the Maelstrom.

Nijana is an AXI project - as far as we’re aware, it’s being cleared through combat. Interesting to know that’s actually possible in systems far from the Maelstrom.

Indeed! Conflict Zones have been in every single one of the many dozens of Control systems I have seen recently, so such prospects are much better now than several months ago. 25 Ly is where the strength of inhabited systems becomes mostly flat at around 1600, so Njana at 1587 should be very much achievable and any deficit can be fixed easily. For an interesting comparison, the unpopulated system Col 285 Sector SH-B b14-2 will cost us 1857—although that represents a reach further into M. Hadad, as must be the case to collapse it eventually!

Rough goal was seeing if combat was feasible for the inhabited/counterstrike marked systems - Njana came up as the furthest out counterstrike from Cocijo with decent ports if it succeeded (so, vaguely in-situ for Desurinbin and the czs there), and reasonable conflict zones to work with for fun/missions in any case.

If I can get it off the ground, Sampling project AXIward this week would be over in Raijin, blocking Kuruma as an alert based on the Narwhal projections - total effort should be about a quarter of what 25679 took. But, I'll have to see how many people are willing to use a research limpet again between last week and the titan CG ongoing x)

Top Bottom