The Console Profile Transfer Portal | Information

Quick question before i transfer. What happens to my console Cmdr? Does the profile forever remain on console unmolested or do parts of it get deleted? Can i still play it And do my bookmarks remain?

o7.

It stays exactly as it was when you transferred it to PC, so you can just keep playing it, how long is a question I would hesitate to answer.

Based on the information you provided, verify your original PC commander is still there. Once you've verified that, log out with the options in the launcher. Finally, log back in with the new account you created during the transfer. If the console commander is there, you're all set. If any of this doesn't work, create a support ticket here: https://customersupport.frontier.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new

If everything works, take a look at MinEDLauncher. It makes commander selection much easier, just create a shortcut for each one.

Note: On the setup instructions for MinEDLauncher, the shortcut example shows "profile-name". Use any name you want in place of "profile-name" (no spaces). That has no bearing on the actual account the shortcut is for. It's just to link the local shortcut to it's local authentication file.

Edit: Forgot the quote
Oh okay that works, just very backwards. Imagine if Elite were like, a normal game you could have multiple saves for. Would that be so crazy?

.... Imagine if Elite were like, a normal game you could have multiple saves for. Would that be so crazy?

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Oh okay that works, just very backwards. Imagine if Elite were like, a normal game you could have multiple saves for. Would that be so crazy?
Cross save and cross platform play would be very nice to have and some other games have it, though indeed not nearly enough of them 😯😂😀🤘🤞 .

I'm under the impression they never thought anyone would want multiple commanders. That was a reasonable assumption at launch, definitely not now. Re-writing large portions of their account management system is probably something they don't have the manpower for. They may very well use the same system for all their games.

I prefer they leave it the way it is. That's better than the broken mess we'd probably get if they changed it :)

FDev really should make it obvious this is a discussion forum, not a support forum. I thought this was the place for direct support at one time as well.

I wonder how that could do that, maybe a clearly worded message at the bottom of the first post? Possibly something like this?
I was thinking something on the main pages. Maybe changing "Forum" to "Discussion Forum" in a few key places.

After thinking about it, it's probably better left as-is. If someone posts a support request that only FDev can help with, they're almost always given a direct link. That is much better than wading through FDev's mess of a support site. (That Bruce G quote does link to the beginning of that mess)

I get "A database error has occurred when starting the copy process." after Step 5.... what is the issue with that? Xbox -> PC

I'm getting the same error message on Step 5 when trying to transfer from PSN to PC. Any ideas?
I got the same error when doing this (Xbox-PC) earlier this week. I contacted support, who told me that the Commander name I was going for was taken. I tried an alternative and it went through and worked first time. Am now happily on PC (well, laptop), back in my old squadron. Struggling with bindings and choice of controller a bit, and haven't yet bought my Fleet Carrier. Frankly, don't even dare fly an expensive ship, yet, while I get the basics down. But the transfer worked perfectly for me, was surprised how speedy it was.

I got the same error when doing this (Xbox-PC) earlier this week. I contacted support, who told me that the Commander name I was going for was taken. I tried an alternative and it went through and worked first time. Am now happily on PC (well, laptop), back in my old squadron. Struggling with bindings and choice of controller a bit, and haven't yet bought my Fleet Carrier. Frankly, don't even dare fly an expensive ship, yet, while I get the basics down. But the transfer worked perfectly for me, was surprised how speedy it was.
I had the same issue, I had to do a new Commander name and I had a space in it. When it errored, I tried without the space and it worked.

I find it ironic that Elite, being a space game, doesn't let you have a space in the Commander name :)

Last edited:
Had something similar when I transferred my main, it wouldn't accept the Cmdr name or several variations thereof then decided that one I'd already tried was fine after all.

Quick question before i transfer. What happens to my console Cmdr? Does the profile forever remain on console unmolested or do parts of it get deleted? Can i still play it And do my bookmarks remain?

o7.
At one point, you’d have had two identical CMDR’s, one console and one PC, that you could use on either side of the divide. When I conducted my console-to-pc transfer, I ended up with two PC CMDRs (the second from a pre-existing PC/MAC account) and a single Console CMDR all capable of conducting various in-game shenanigans in tandem with one another- my console fleet carrier remaining to replace the one lost to my second PC CMDR.

Since the separation of the Legacy and Live servers, around this time last year, the console-to-PC CMDR goes directly to Live and the console CMDR to Legacy, effectively rendering them two separate CMDRs in two similar, but distinct, universes (Legacy console fleet carriers now ghost ships in the Live servers, awaiting decommissioning)

Top Bottom