The Console Profile Transfer Portal | Information

Greetings.

Maybe someone can help me here. I also contacted the support.

I own Elite Dangerous incl. Odyssey on PC (Steam). I have now deleted the existing profile in order to transfer my PS4 account to my Steam account.

However, I always get the message that my target account already has a commander profile.

Does deleting a profile just take a certain amount of time? If so, does anyone here know for how long? Or does someone have another idea what it could be?

Thank you for your help.

Greetings.

Maybe someone can help me here. I also contacted the support.

I own Elite Dangerous incl. Odyssey on PC (Steam). I have now deleted the existing profile in order to transfer my PS4 account to my Steam account.

However, I always get the message that my target account already has a commander profile.

Does deleting a profile just take a certain amount of time? If so, does anyone here know for how long? Or does someone have another idea what it could be?

Thank you for your help.

You don't clear the profile, that's only the Steam profile, you need to clear your game SAVE from the menu in the game, deleting all existing data on your current CMDR.

Just to be clear if you clear your SAVE you will lose all data on that CMDR, all ships, Fleet Carrier, all progress on engineers and locked system and with powers and etc....everything, so best decide if you are happy with that before going ahead.

You don't clear the profile, that's only the Steam profile, you need to clear your game SAVE from the menu in the game, deleting all existing data on your current CMDR.

Just to be clear if you clear your SAVE you will lose all data on that CMDR, all ships, Fleet Carrier, all progress on engineers and locked system and with powers and etc....everything, so best decide if you are happy with that before going ahead.
Hello.

That's exactly what I did.
I completely deleted my profile in game. If I start the game now I have to create a new commander. That's how it should be right.

Greetings

IIRC the copy process first time around was slow due to the numbers involved immediately after it opened.

The simple solution is to buy your PC like you buy a Mac as a prebuilt and specified unit, I went for a gaming laptop, but due to recent driver issues possibly avoid one with AMD graphics.
I've been looking...I think £1500 minimum spend on something decent.

Still not working due the error above.... Going through several nick names which are available does not help....

Have the same issues like Chalvan: "My target account already has a commander".

Clearly erased my profile in the ingame destination account and verified that after a full restart.
I would have to create a new character, so my account must be empty...

Contacted Support.
Best regards C.

Have the same issues like Chalvan: "My target account already has a commander".

Clearly erased my profile in the ingame destination account and verified that after a full restart.
I would have to create a new character, so my account must be empty...

Contacted Support.
Best regards C.
Did you delete both your 3.8 Legacy and your 4.0 Live CMDR? It might be a relic from the times the split had happened.

EDIT: As per https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...ing-deletion-of-legacy-accounts-fixed.615796/

DO NOT DELETE your legacy CMDR.

Last edited:
"Did you delete both your 3.8 Legacy and your 4.0 Live CMDR? It might be a relic from the times the split had happened."

That did it. Thank you very much!

Hello.

That's exactly what I did.
I completely deleted my profile in game. If I start the game now I have to create a new commander. That's how it should be right.

Greetings

I assume so, I have never cleared my save, to much stuff on it, some here have so they will be able to answer your question, but I am supposing you will need to create the new CMDR before the transfer can take place, but not sure on that.

Did you delete both your 3.8 Legacy and your 4.0 Live CMDR? It might be a relic from the times the split had happened.

Interesting...
So, cmdrs that had to clear both legacy and live saves - did the copy process created commander profiles in both Live and Legacy?

I got an email that said the transfer has completed but I got no free pc copy of the game?

in the email you should find a link to download the launcher
use it to download the game, for login you use the account you created

you dont get a free copy if you transfer into a clear save from an exiting copy of the game

Top Bottom