The FFED3D Thread

I think my excitement at getting the game to work blinded me as Vista only managing about the 4/5 fps on the planet and about 20+ in space
but I found you can increase the fps to 9/10 fps on the planet by turning the music off and putting the graphic detail on low which do's not effect the look of the game.
Can someone have a go at doing this and see what you get.

no problem in xp runing at about 30 fps on the ground and 50+ in space.

has any one got the videos to work,I got sound but no pics probably the best way to watch them:)

For DrBaggy and anyone who can't get the game running have you tried Vista compatibility wizard?.

Hi Bananascope I think you will have to be a bit more specific as to what the problem is

oops my mistake turning the graphic down,has an effect on look of the planets ect.

Last edited:

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
hi new guy here, i've been lurking on here for months now without really having anything to say :) but wow! i'm loving this new screenshots! this may sound like a stupid question but can anyone help me to make it work? unfortunatly i'm a bit of a thicko when it comes to this computer lark, :confused: can anyone help with an idiots guide for me? thanks, its nice to finaly have something worth saying!

Hi Bananascope an everyone whos just joined, welcome to the forum.

If you give is a few more details, what OS your using XP Vista...and what the problem is, Im sure someone will have the answer.

For DrBaggy and anyone who can't get the game running have you tried Vista compatibility wizard?.
QUOTE]

Ah, didn't think of that, thanks Spacegamer.:) I just assume Microsoft's help never actually helps, but will try!

btw I'm surprised people are struggling with framerates. The graphics are pretty, but not that stunning compared to other games around, and when you think of the machines we originally played FFE on, today's are Moore's Law faster! Maybe someone more tecchie than me can explain this (phrases like code optimisation come to mind)

t.j. and space gamer, hi and thanks i now have it working i must be a computer genius after all:rolleyes: new question for you, is it possable to use the 'buffet' prgram with this new version and if so how?

t.j. and space gamer, hi and thanks i now have it working i must be a computer genius after all:rolleyes: new question for you, is it possable to use the 'buffet' prgram with this new version and if so how?

I'm not sure it would work. It is a live editor, so would probably not work on an .exe that is completely changed.

I think you'll need a binary save game editor.

Sir.Tj

Volunteer Moderator

I suppose theres one way to find out..... just make sure you've backed every thing up and theres no harm done.:D

Sir.Tj

Volunteer Moderator
QUOTE]

Ah, didn't think of that, thanks Spacegamer.:) I just assume Microsoft's help never actually helps, but will try!

btw I'm surprised people are struggling with framerates. The graphics are pretty, but not that stunning compared to other games around, and when you think of the machines we originally played FFE on, today's are Moore's Law faster! Maybe someone more tecchie than me can explain this (phrases like code optimisation come to mind)

Wondered that myself. Is it a Vista/Dos issue? I know a lot of older stuff which runs on XP wont run on Vista, I assume this is one of those instances. thankkfully I'm running XP and it's fine on that.

Invitation

Hi, guys! :)
I'm one of the moderators of that Russian site.
If you're really interested in and have some ideas concerning the project (i.e. new missions, space crafts models, planets landscapes or other improvements), we'll be glad to see you here
http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/viewtopic.php?t=47373
I see you ask some questions which have been answered already in our site. Unfortunately all the answers are in Russian right now, however we could translate them in English if it could be useful for you. So, don't embarrass to visit us, to ask or to propose something :)
Sorry in advance for possible grammar errors :rolleyes:

turwhitt

I take it you are part of that elite-games setup?

Have you worked out how to add storyline missions yet? I'd love to help add some, as i'm sure would other members here.

No, no, no! I am just one of EG forums member :) Main developer is DreamZzz. So all respects to him.

I have tried to log in there but it's proving really difficult. I click what i think is "login", entered my username and password, and it takes me to another page. All the links, menus and wording is in Russian, and i have no idea where to go next.

I know it's cheeky, but is there any chance of a mirrored page in English? I'd love to find out about the possibility of adding English hand-coded missions, but short of clicking every link on the page i'm stuck!

I have tried to log in there but it's proving really difficult. I click what i think is "login", entered my username and password, and it takes me to another page. All the links, menus and wording is in Russian, and i have no idea where to go next.

I know it's cheeky, but is there any chance of a mirrored page in English? I'd love to find out about the possibility of adding English hand-coded missions, but short of clicking every link on the page i'm stuck!

You can chuck the page URL into Google translator and it will reproduce the page and any subsequent clicks into english for you. It's pretty good too.

http://www.google.co.uk/language_tools?hl=en

I've tried this and Buffet doesn't recognise the FFE D3D exe as a genuine FFE program, probably because it's been changed so much.
Fortunately the savegame files are compatible between JJFFE/GLFFE and FFE D3D so if there's something you want Buffet to do, you could save the game via FFE D3D, load it into GLFFE, change whatever with Buffet, save the game again and load it back into FFE D3D. Sounds a bit complicated but in practice it should be quite simple :rolleyes:

Perhaps we should fix this...
Anyway, right now I can translate everything on a registration page.
The first frame "имя" means "name".
The second one is e-mail.
"Пароль:" - password
"Подтвердите пароль:" - confirm password
And the last one is "authorization cod". As far as I see only Latin symbols are used there, so this code will not be a problem for you.
The last thing you should do to complete your registration is to press the left button at the very bottom: "Отправить" which means "Send".
I've just tried to do it, here are some possible errors:
1) Your password should consist of 8 or more symbols including numbers and letters.
2) The authorization code is case sensitive.
If you meet some difficulties while registration just copy Russian text here, I'll translate.

Sir.Tj

Volunteer Moderator
Hi Pinocchio,

Just to say I think you lads have done a fantastic job in updating the graphics etc.. in ffe. It looks very well done to me.

And if you say, your able to create addtional hand coded missions:D:D:D

I'll be logging on your site very soon and having a look about.

What plans do you have for the game as in updates?

Hi Pinocchio,

Just to say I think you lads have done a fantastic job in updating the graphics etc.. in ffe. It looks very well done to me.

Thanks a lot :) Though you should address it to DreamZzz and couple of other guys, which are developers while I am just a humble forum moderator :D

And if you say, your able to create addtional hand coded missions:D

As far as I know, yes we are :) Though right now there a lot of other quite boring work to do like space crafts modeling and so on... But you'd better discuss it with DreamZzz and Co.

What plans do you have for the game as in updates?

There is a list of ideas and proposals on our site. We'll prepare an English version for you when you come.
Actually our site is quite big, it joins few hundred people right now. And Elite is just one of our projects. Unfortunately at the moment almost all site is in Russian, and it's a pity because I believe you would find a lot of interesting things there... Perhaps we could do some kind of review in English for foreigners.

Perhaps we could do some kind of review in English for foreigners.

Would it be possible to have a mirror of the forum, where all the controls are in English, but where we all post to the same thread?

I'm still finding it impossible getting on, because it asks me something after i log on, and i've no idea what that is, and google translator won't show that page.

Back
Top Bottom