The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

I wrote my name in the map as well. But by now so many people have passed it, you can't read it any longer.
No post thought...
Wow, yours is even better. I can only imagine how much time that took to plan and do haha, nice!

zHAykXP.png

This game and community never cease to amaze and surprise me...

EDIT:

It's harder to distinguish, but it's undoubtedly there...

XR3bVCs.png

Also, what's the smaller grafitti? FI? That one is nice too

Last edited:
Ok. This one might be considered a little silly, but I thought I post it anyway.

Name: The Fellowship of the Ring
Map Ref: EOWYG AIHM UJ-T B3-0
Description: 9 planets, all of them have a ring. And they could be named: Frodo, Sam, Gandalf, Aragon, Legolas, Boromir, Mery, Gimli, and Pippin, in that order because of their size and differences. Gandalf for instance is a white (whitish) planet, and so on.
Screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/TtgoSAo.png

Being a LOTR fan I approve this message!

Ok. This one might be considered a little silly, but I thought I post it anyway.

Name: The Fellowship of the Ring
Map Ref: EOWYG AIHM UJ-T B3-0
Description: 9 planets, all of them have a ring. And they could be named: Frodo, Sam, Gandalf, Aragon, Legolas, Boromir, Mery, Gimli, and Pippin, in that order because of their size and differences. Gandalf for instance is a white (whitish) planet, and so on.
Screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/TtgoSAo.png

Just a minute... only 2 of them should be ring bearers!

I've added your description to the Bleia1 entry, and linked your report.

As for the twin ringed worlds, yes thats worthy as a POI entry in its own right, hence its addition. Just needs a name and a description. :)
After several days of exposure to high levels of caffeine and insomnia, this is the best I can come up with for the remarkable rings of Vegnoae BK-R d4-1105 A1 and A2.
Neighbouring Necklaces
Map Ref: Vegnoae BK-R d4-1105
The innermost two planets of the primary star in Vegnoae BK-R d4-1105 are in a binary configuration with such a tight orbit that their ring systems almost touch. The contrast between these two worlds and their necklaces of rings is also remarkable: planet A1 is an airless world with rocky rings, bronze next to the silver metal-rich rings of planet A2 which is a lava world.
i65LZBB.jpg

After several days of exposure to high levels of caffeine and insomnia, this is the best I can come up with for the remarkable rings of Vegnoae BK-R d4-1105 A1 and A2.
Neighbouring Necklaces
Map Ref: Vegnoae BK-R d4-1105
The innermost two planets of the primary star in Vegnoae BK-R d4-1105 are in a binary configuration with such a tight orbit that their ring systems almost touch. The contrast between these two worlds and their necklaces of rings is also remarkable: planet A1 is an airless world with rocky rings, bronze next to the silver metal-rich rings of planet A2 which is a lava world.

POI updated - cheers!

Just a minute... only 2 of them should be ring bearers!
True. And since there's only one ring in the book, to be accurate, there should only be one of the planets having it, but they all have it. It's just symbolic anyway. :D

Perhaps call it Fellowship of the Rings. :)

Last edited:
Icarus / Icarus Spouts

Name:
(World) Icarus
(Geysers) Icarus Spouts
Game map search ref:
(World) PYRIE EUQ EW-E C11-0 B 1
(Geysers) 57.63° / 105.58°
Description:
Located 120 thousand light-seconds from entry, this 546km wide high metal content world is moving with approximately 185 km/s, meaning it can outrun you in supercruise. Due to its low mass, this world is not completely spherical and appears to have lost two chunks. Watch out when entering the sphere of influence while trailing the world.
It houses silicate vapor geysers from which one can enjoy the view into the void.
World discovered by WDX / Geysers discovered by ST4R FOX & WDX
Reference:
https://imgur.com/a/8Pajo
https://youtu.be/j1jYaKYp1NY

Gal ref: Thaila YE-A g2

Picture of the Quartz Twins for the file...

(PS: my Username is FilmExile, but my CMDR name is 'McNicholl', not that it really matters)

24785028_217085792167213_6686903125794121914_o.png

Last edited:
They're not common, but they're not really rare enough to warrant inclusion here. My personal criteria is "would I travel 5-10 kly to see this?"

New additions:

Image updated:

Not added:
  • Fellowship of the Ring (This hurt me, because I'm a huge Tolkien fan, but that wasn't enough to tip it into the "I'd fly 10 kly to see this" camp)

They're not common, but they're not really rare enough to warrant inclusion here. My personal criteria is "would I travel 5-10 kly to see this?"

New additions:
YAY! I have one that I named. :D

Edit: Checked what I wrote and the system, and I said it was around the 7th star, and I should correct it to say it's around the 6th, but the 6 and 7 are in pair so perhaps it doesn't matter so much.

Not added:
  • Fellowship of the Ring (This hurt me, because I'm a huge Tolkien fan, but that wasn't enough to tip it into the "I'd fly 10 kly to see this" camp)
Awwww... bummer. :D I hear ya. It's nothing to really see.

Last edited:
My personal criteria is "would I travel 5-10 kly to see this?"

Actually that's a really good metric, I think. And it's good to see it described here. That helps clarify what I should be submitting. :)

(So far I've had two submissions accepted, and one rejected, and framing it this way helps me to understand what's a good submission and what isn't)

Name: Thargantua
Game map search ref:Dryuae Aoscs AA-A h370
Description: At just over 680 Earth Masses, Thargantua is the most massive Ammonia World currently known to exist. Located in a large Herbig system a mere 2020 ly from Colonia, the planet is lit by the light of 10 densely packed proto-stars.

[IMGUR]CsjzM[/IMGUR]

Last edited:
Name: The Shiner
Game map search ref: Dryau Scraa AA-A h747

Description: At 12.2 Quadrillion MT, The Shiner boasts the most massive ring of any type currently known in the galaxy. It's also 35.7 million KM in width, making it so vast and so dense that it even shows up clearly within the black hole system that it resides within. The Shiner is conveniently located between Sagittarius A* and The Bubble, and would make for a convenient stopping point for those traveling between the two.

[IMGUR]p5EUX[/IMGUR]

Name: The Remnants Trio
Game map search ref: Schee Bli AA-A h300
Description: All three remnant star types in one very small space. This system also has a ringed white dwarf.

[IMGUR]Tkdln[/IMGUR]

There seems to be an issue with the picture. It appears as if the source was deleted.

Back
Top Bottom