The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

NamePink Marshmallow
GalMap RefTheau Pri FB-W e2-25
POI TypeStellar Features
DescriptionSystem with 3 main Stars, A : Neutron star; B : White Dwarf (DC) and C : Neutron Star, with a total of 9 other bodies. Nothing strange, except the C 1 body, a Class V gas giant with a very cute flashy pink color.
Screenshots

WoW ! It's the very first time that I observe a gaseous giant of this color. We were pretty used to fluorescent green. Maybe it comes from the 3.0 update.

Last edited:
Need to check Gru Dryiae ZP-P d5-6 - very hot GG Class V ... Maybe it has become pink too ))

Last edited:
NameBreakthrough Echoes
GalMap RefRhuedgie KN-T e3-721
POI TypePlanetary Features
DescriptionDiscovered during the Perseus Survey, a gas giant of this system has three moons which are all ELWs, also one of them is ringed.
And, the icing on the cake, this is a GREEN system.
Screenshots
nRnNFid.png

CobsIPD.png

cBfxqhT.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's very impressive, I believe nobody has found such yet. Right on, Commander! I don't suppose you could post screenshots of the planetary info of the ELWs? I'd like to add them to the list of Earth-like worlds. Also, thanks for uploading the data to EDSM!

Last edited:
What's the idea behind that list? Don't things like EDSM make such a list redundant and even obsolete?
It's from well before EDSM, back when the game didn't log anything. While mostly obsolete by today, it still has some information that's not on EDSM, and it's also considerably easier to find rare kinds of Earth-likes there. Like Mist0's find(s) above.

Thanks Marx

As they are on EDSM you may prefer to copy/past them from here :
a
b
c
(if you need a screenshot anyway ask me and I'll upload it)

@Stulli and Odengard Thanks guys, hope you find that kind of system too, after all it's just pure luck, or maybe take a stop by this one, I'm a poor photographer, but it offers some insane views.

Last edited:
Yeah, I meant the in-game screenshots. Would you mind uploading those? It's rare, but EDSM uploads can contain errors. Thanks again!

Oh, and a bit of good news: since your ELWs are on the low end of the temperature range, when the atmospheric moon temperature bug gets fixed, they should still stay intact. (Of course, that's likely years down the line.)

Last edited:
Name: Melis Geysers

Game map search ref: Sleguae JC-S D5-135 (2 B)

Description: Melis Geysers is a field of silicate vapour geysers, located on body 2 B, in the Wayfarer's Graveyard region.
The site is located in a valley, at the coordinates 41.6383, -157.6963. The moon itself is small, bright yellow and red, and highly deformed.
Dark basaltic rock coats the bottom of the valley, in strong contrast to the bright white, silvery eruptions from the geysers. The geysers themselves are at a medium-low activity level, and do not pose any threat to SRVs or ships.
It is still unclear how the area remains a dark colour despite the regular eruptions. Hypotheses include the geyser field being extremely recent, or a chemical process that quickly dissociates or changes the ejected material.

Materials that can be harvested here include Vanadium, Selenium, Arsenic, Cadmium, Tellurium and Tin.

Screenshot reference: https://imgur.com/a/ROMz3

Map updated: from post #2647 to post #2707

Added:
- Aquamarine Nebula
- Malachite Nebula
- The Three Thieves
- Crystal Pearl
- Karmeliet
- Poseidon's Fury
- Diggers Flashlight

Updated:
- R-Maile's DZ 050316
- XTE J1755-324 <-- Image added. I´ve also added som details, as this is a real world astronomical object
- The Nest <-- Image added
- all Guardian Ruins sites listed have had their link updated to point to the updated list from Canonn

Pending:
- Ringed neutron star in posts #2651, #2654, #2668, #2672, #2680: A single ring is perhabs not unusual enough in itself - it would depend on other features (eg. size of the ring) but alsp on the name and description you provide... (hint: you must provide these ;) )
- Double-ringed neutron star in post #2686 <-- please suggest a new name that is not in the urban dictionary :rolleyes:

Not added:
- Four Dancers <-- not that unusual
- Zero´s Chemtrail <-- to be added a planetary nebula needs some good images and/or other features or descriptions (there are too many to add them all). See post #2647 for example of good images.
- Bernadette's Rest & Lea's Rest <-- not that unusual to find a single ELW or AW
- ELW, WW and AW in same system (post #2675 and #2704) - need a bit more to qualify, like all three worlds orbiting each other
- The 7 Suns of the Apocalypse <-- Unusual - but with these common types of stars not THAT unusual

Last edited:
Update of POI

Name: Syrivou NC-D d12-7 Geysers
System: Syrivou NC-D d12-7

Went there today on my way to Beagle to check out the Geysers, sadly it seems 3.0 busted them (at least at the coordinates listed in the POI, the moon in general is still active according to system map). Was at the Coordinates +15.2019, +14.1096 and no Geysers to be found.

I checked on my originals screenshots in case I had incorrectly copied the coordinates but no, I confirm you are at the right place.
Sorry for the inconvenience

Name: Minerva's Pyrope

Game Map Search Reference: Pha Scroi GS-I d10-64

Description: This J-type carbon star (rich in diatomic carbon and cyanogen containing carbon-13) was discovered in the final weeks of the Minerva-Centaurus Expedition. C-J stars are among the rarest stars in the galaxy, constituting only 10-15% of all carbon stars. They are typically dimmer than N-type carbon stars, and this particular specimen is among the coldest (2703 K) and least luminous (0.7569) C-J stars in the galaxy and at the time of its discovery held the records for these parameters. The star's dimness combined with its carbon-rich corona have created a sooty red glow visible around the system, illuminating an ancient Earth-like world. The presence of an Earth-like world in this environment would be of special interest to astrobiologists interested in the carbon-13 enriched biochemistry of the native flora and fauna. The immense age of the system (12.937 Ga) may also be of interest to researchers studying the evolution of Earth-like planets late in the life of stars with near-solar masses (0.92). The presence of an ELW in this rare star type is certainly a welcome surprise to travellers in the Far 3kpc Arm.

Screenshot reference:
yEmWSQI.jpg

Evidence of uniqueness/significance:
http://www.elitegalaxyonline.com/object-view/?object_id=2654516
Faintest C-J star
Coldest C-J star
Record as of 18 March 2018
Contains an Earth-like world.

EDSM Link:
https://www.edsm.net/en/system/bodies/id/22801886/name/Pha+Scroi+GS-I+d10-64

Last edited:
Map updated : from post #2708 to post #2737

Added :

- Guardian of the Twins
- The Majorelle Blue Gate
- Circulum Acies
- Pamplemousse
- Seashell Nebula
- Pink Marshmallow
- Breakthrough Echoes
- Melis Geysers
- Minerva's Pyrope

Removed :

- System : Syrivou NC-D d12-7, Name : Syrivou NC-D d12-7 Geysers <-- Geysers no longer exist at the indicated location since 3.0.
- System : Floalt KU-E d12-218, Name : Ravenfield Patch <-- Fungus no longer exist at the indicated location since 3.0.

Not added :

- The Triple Bypass <-- Not that unusual.
- The Misty Moutains <-- The mist is not so rare anymore since 3.0.
- High Five ! <-- Not that unusual in this area of the galaxy.

Name: Seashell Nebula
Game map search ref: Dehoae AA-A h56
Description: This larger nebula can be found on the South-Western edge of the Orion-Cygnus arm, just before it fades into the Fallows. As it's only 500 ly off the galactic plane, stellar density is still high in the area, and Commanders can visit plenty of systems here.
Screenshot reference: https://i.imgur.com/DIpGnby.jpg, 640 px version: https://imgur.com/dHR6mRj.jpg

It would appear that system is the nebula itself, which cannot be trilaterated.

Sajime said the nearest system to the centre of that nebula is Dehoae FL-W D2-0:
[EDSM]Dehoae FL-W D2-0[/EDSM]

Last edited:
Top Bottom