The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

Name:Death's Corridor
Game Map Search Ref:BYOI TREIA CR-N E6-0
Description:Simply amazing. If you fly in between there, you'll die. But you can try, if you like a challenge.
Screenshot Reference:
Elite Dangerous_Star Musketeers_v2.png

Elite Dangerous_Star Musketeers System_v2.png
Sorry, it's not as clear. I don't know what the problem is. Here's another one:

Name:Milburn's Knot
Game Map Search Ref:OGAIMY CL-X E1-3692
Description:I think the nickname for this is the bow tie.
Scoopable: YES
Highlights: Neutron Star
Screenshot Reference:
Elite Dangerous_Bowtie.png
Elite Dangerous_Bowtie #2.png
I had a hard time uploading pictures (keeps crashing). I'm done. Frustrated.

Last edited:
Name:Fields of Elysium
Game map search ref:Clooku GR-U d3-112
Description:Two glorious ringed ELWs separated by only 1 light-second. This system is along the Sol-Colonia route and is unlike anything in the bubble and is thus a must-see to anyone making the trip to Colonia.
Screenshot reference:
nwkC8Sa.png

vj3gGLU.png

😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲

Name:Fields of Elysium
Game map search ref:Clooku GR-U d3-112
Description:Two glorious ringed ELWs separated by only 1 light-second. This system is along the Sol-Colonia route and is unlike anything in the bubble and is thus a must-see to anyone making the trip to Colonia.
Screenshot reference:
nwkC8Sa.png

vj3gGLU.png

I mean, how many times have I flown right past that...

Name:Mount Bordeaux
Game map search ref:NGC 3532 Sector QI-S c4-14 B 1 A
Description:This moon features purple mountains elevating over the orange lowlands. Over those mountains, this one is easy to climb and offers stunning views of the planet, less than 0.5ls away - consistently as the moon is tidally locked.
The summit is located at (-13.0405°, 154.5576°)
Screenshot reference:
7-NGC 3532 Sector QI-S c4-14 B1A.jpg
7-NGC 3532 Sector QI-S c4-14 B1A-mountain-clear.jpg

7-NGC 3532 Sector QI-S c4-14 B1A-mountain-climb.jpg
7-NGC 3532 Sector QI-S c4-14 B1A-mountain-top-zoom.jpg

Ok folks, the occasional "staff can choose name" is ok, but we can not come up with every name. Please submit names.

If you do not have a name, as around for suggestion; you can create a thread in the Exploration forums to ask for a name.

GMP Update #4482-#4545

The 'Patch Day Means I Have Time To Do This' edition

Big thanks to all the photo submitters this round!

Not added:

• #4489 - No suggested name. No recording breaking bodies, or suggestion of why system is notable.
  • #4496 - Unclear if this is an actual collision system (which would make it noteable), or just very close moons (which is not so noteable). If this can be verified to be a collision, definitely resubmit. Needs some good photos of close view or collision!
  • #4523 - We now have several of these (Le Monde de Morte, Planet of Lesser Death), and database review confirms there are dozens of others that other pilots just didn't notice.
  • #4530 - Does not meet notability criteria

Added:

• #4488 (Roche's Twin Daughters) [as per standard policy, not including name of submitter in description]
  • #4506 (Lithobreaker)
  • #4522 (Pendulum)
  • #4529 (Quiet Flame Nebula)
  • #4531 (Celestial Lasso)
  • #4532 (Skull Nebula)
  • #4542 (Bleia5 Nebula)

Archived (per post #4487, no negative feedback):

* Zoe, Atlantis, Brothers in Genesis, The Phare, Blood Nebula, Northern Lazur Remnant, Athaip Wisteria Nebula, Jasmoria, The Quaza Tron Nebula, Cobalt Skies, Aegel

Unarchived upon review: Mors et Vitae (also added to list of photos needed)

Pending: #4541 (Eratosthenes' World) - checking on rarity

Photo updates:

• King Midas - Cmdr Heavy Johnson
  • Flaming Star Emission Nebula - Cmdr "Rusted Bulk" Mike
  • The King and Queen of Mikenas - Cmdr SwampyFox
  • Blessed Nebula - Cmdr Baxder
  • NGC 2438 Nebula - Cmdr "Rusted Bulk" Mike
  • Alessia's Pearls - CMDR Ligaratus
  • Retina Nebula - Cmdr Florenus
  • Void's Brink - Cmdr Heavy Johnson
  • August Nebula - Cmdr Baxder
  • Magellan's Star - Cmdr Heavy Johnson
  • Vanra - Cmdr Baxder
  • Gleeson's Gem - Cmdr Baxder
  • 3 Geminorum - Cmdr "Rusted Bulk" Mike
  • XTE J1817-330 - Cmdr Baxder
  • OGLE-TR-113 - CMDR Ligaratus
  • Ear of Orion nebula - Cmdr Heavy Johnson
  • Hermit's World - Cmdr "Rusted Bulk" Mike
  • Pamplemousse - Cmdr Heavy Johnson

Name:Bizarro Moon
Game map search ref:Mynoaw PZ-W d2-246
Description:In this A-star system located near the Mynoaw Nebula in the Gallipolis, a Water Giant and an Ammonia World can be found. One is orbiting the other, and one would expect the Water Giant to be the parent body. But it is the other way around in this system, where a huge Ammonia World (Body 8) of 646 Earth masses is orbited by a Water Giant moon (8 a) more than 10 times lighter, displaying a bizarre inversion of everything deemed right and normal.
Screenshot reference:
1579088946335.jpeg

Screenshot_1484.jpg

Screenshot_1485.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_1705.jpg
    Screenshot_1705.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 219
  • Screenshot_1705.jpg
    Screenshot_1705.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Just endorsing and supporting submission #4549 sent in by Mooing of the Monde De La Vie (World of Life) at Plimbeau DQ-G D10-1532 for a POI. Have submitted a pic of the ELW around the White Dwarf and system pic if it helps with a successful application.

WD ELW2JPEG.jpg

WD ELWJpeg1.jpg

As it is the only ELW to directly orbit a main White Dwarf to be found on EDSM this does come under the unique category and as for the golden rule of “Would another explorer be willing to travel thousands of LYs to visit this place?”- Well when the find was announced I almost buckyballed from the bubble and travelled over 20k lyrs to see this wonder system.

Was not sure if the Forge could produce an ELW around a White Dwarf and I did spend many months a few years ago looking around White Dwarf systems and accidently found The World of Death when I was looking for a World of Life!

Top Bottom