The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

Nearby the nebula, there is also a star system that's been renamed to 'Dr. Kay's Heart'. We'd like to add this to the GMP too, but there is no info or screenshots of the system yet. If someone is in that area and wants to get some info and pics, and post them here, please do.

(not a reply to you, but rather info for everyone else here):

Screenshots would be good, plus any details from the system. Based on the id64, it looks like Dr Kay's Heart used to be "Greae Hypa EF-R d4-98". EDSM already has the system listed with the new name here.

And I knew I had hit this SOB. Updating.
Z26x4sA.jpg

Hello, CMDR JVMMs here. A friend said I should report this for the GMP, so here we go
Names are perhaps not the most creative, but its what I called them in my head, so went ahead with it.

Name:Three-Pointed Crown (planets being named after green gemstones: Emerald, Jade and Peridot)
Game Reference:Sifeae YM-Q c19-0
Description:Trinary Earth Like Worlds

Sifeae YM-Q c19-0 3 (Emerald)
Sifeae YM-Q c19-0 4 (Jade)
Sifeae YM-Q c19-0 5 (Peridot)

Planets 4 and 5 are tidally locked too, and Sifeae YM-Q c19-0 6 is a Water World.

1635862373985.png

1635863156325.jpeg
1635863156560.jpeg

Please reply to this post when your submissions are updated with their tourist beacon info.
A later update to this: this system won a place in the ELW tourist beacon competition, and I'll be updating the text here to reference this and include information on the beacon when the beacons get added to the game. Frontier said it will be by Oct. 28, I assume they'll be in when Update 8 goes live. So, the description text here isn't entirely final yet.

Name:Gardens of Edirne
Game map search ref:Thraikoo FL-P d5-97
Description:Situated near the Thracian nebula in the Vulcan Gate region, this system is abundant with various kinds of life. First, there is an Earth-like world (ABCD 1), lit by the four stars that it co-orbits, which is a rare phenomenon in itself. There is much more to this system, however: there are several bodies with various kinds of thin atmospheres, but ABCD 4 a stands out among them: it's a moon that houses 9 different kinds of species, with a carbon dioxide atmosphere. The Thracian nebula is also close enough that explorers can find the rare bioluminescent Electricae Radialem in this system. Combined with the other landable planets, explorers who stop by here can find at least one species from 10 different genuses, out of the 15 that were known at the time of writing.
Screenshot reference:

Name:Bague ornée de Bijoux (Use the name the tourist beacon will be called)
Game map search ref:DRYAO PHYLIO AA-A H410
Description:Situated atop the galaxy, this quad black hole system is home to an incredibly rare Earth-like world orbiting a ringed M class star, it comes with a fantastic view of the rings and of other bodies orbiting the star. The system orbiting the star also composes of other bodies. One pair, orbiting each other with a rapid orbit of 9 hours under the blazing sun, causing heavy volcanism.

The system also holds all the required materials to easily inject your FSD!

It also features a tourist beacon! (or will, depending on when you look at it)
Screenshot references:View attachment 256213View attachment 256205View attachment 256207View attachment 263939View attachment 256206

Name:Jet Cone View (new name coming when the new tourist beacons are added)
Game map search ref:Dryoea Flyi IM-W f1-3475
Description:This Earth Like World lies only 1500ls from a tinary Black Hole, White Dwarf and K class star giving rise to views of the jetcones from the white dwarf whilst in orbit around the Earth Like World. Upon entry to the system CMDRs will be met by the stunning dance of these three stars locked in a close orbit whilst also enjoying the interesting gravitational lensing caused by the Black Hole. It is unknown how such a world could exist so close to this stellar configaration given radiation emitted from the Black Hole and White Dwarf would usually sterilise a planet, giving rise to both a unique site for tourists to visit and an opportunity for scientific research and colonisation.

This system will also contain a tourist beacon in the near future (name TBC)
Screenshot reference:View attachment 264434
View attachment 264435View attachment 264432

Please reply to this post when your submissions are updated with their tourist beacon info.
Still waiting for the beacons to be in game so we're not sure on the names yet. I've asked in the thread announcing the winners so hopefully will have some answers soon.

Name:Celestial Embrace
Game map search ref:Blua Hypue KM-H b53-3
Description:Near the main star of this system sits a close planetary binary made of two high-metal content worlds (Bodies 1 and 2), each of them with a thin ring system. The ring of body 2 has a width of only 22 kilometers, while that of body 1 is 423 kilometers wide. Curiously, the thinner ring's mass is 1.19 times higher and it's density about 30 times higher than that of the wider one.

The rotational axes of the planets - and thus their rings - are tilted relative to each other by over 16 degrees, resulting in stunning views from inside the rings and the surfaces of both planets. With their ring systems so close to each other, they almost seem to be locked in embrace.
Screenshot reference:
Screenshot_1559.jpg

Screenshot_1568.jpg

Screenshot_1561.jpg

Screenshot_1579.jpg
Screenshot_1567.jpg
Screenshot_1542.jpg
Screenshot_1571.jpg
Screenshot_1544.jpg
System first discovered by CMDRs Mhorrighan (in-game) and Scytalle (EDSM)
Planets first discovered by CMDRs Mhorrighan (in-game) and Trowby (EDSM)

Last edited:
I've been told to put it here. So I will:

During my "tour" I encountered a few deadly hazards and scary "exit-points" as hell, especially in last GALcorner of my occurrance...

BUT the exit point of "Exarg KA-A c0" is the worst yet (at least at the time I did arrived), there should be some wearning for this system. I was almost instantly put under 120% of the heat pressure. There were absolutely no margin for an error, or less accordingly equipped ship.

Maybe/possibly the situation will change if stars move around, but today (yesterday) I got genuinely shi..ing bricks in fear of loosing my EXPdata (again) xD

ED 100.jpg

If the beacon names are not released before Friday, I'll go ahead with this update and use the beacon winners' existing names. (We can add the beacon names to the descriptions when they become available). It's a doozie; these are great submissions!

If the beacon names are not released before Friday, I'll go ahead with this update and use the beacon winners' existing names. (We can add the beacon names to the descriptions when they become available). It's a doozie; these are great submissions!
Cheers!

I've been told to put it here. So I will:

During my "tour" I encountered a few deadly hazards and scary "exit-points" as hell, especially in last GALcorner of my occurrance...

BUT the exit point of "Exarg KA-A c0" is the worst yet (at least at the time I did arrived), there should be some wearning for this system. I was almost instantly put under 120% of the heat pressure. There were absolutely no margin for an error, or less accordingly equipped ship.

Maybe/possibly the situation will change if stars move around, but today (yesterday) I got genuinely shi..ing bricks in fear of loosing my EXPdata (again) xD

View attachment 272944

Yes they are unusual but still appear sometimes, those "oh dear" moments are part of the fun of exploring;

KyJKTM4.jpg

The beacons are still mising so I doubt they're going to be added any time soon sadly. I've created a thread asking for information so hopefully that might generate some leads.

Update: they're coming next week hopefully. Not sure if you want to wait until then to update the names or just submit them today as planned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom